E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #21
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
So "preban mags" and a normal mag bought in the store today are the same thing then?
If they pass anything like that, would current owners be grandfathered in? Or would you actually have to forfeit anything you already own that would be banned? The latter is a scary thought.
Would buying anything banned in a private party transaction be illegal?

Interesting on the pistol pricing. What would a dealer price be for a Springfield xd sub compact 9mm at normal, non frenzy pricing?
I bought one but it was after the sandy hook deal and I'm thinking maybe the pricing was slightly inflated but I'm not sure.

Last edited by peytonracer4; 01-07-2013 at 01:26 AM.
peytonracer4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #22
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
It all depends on what they get if they pass a bill. They are obviously throwing as much shit against the wall as they can and seeing what will stick. Ideally, they'd make everything illegal.
The original AWB in 1994 grandfathered in everything manufactured before the bill took effect. Not sold, but manufactured. You could buy and sell freely anything, so long as all "high capacity" mags were pre-ban. OR, all "high capacity" mags were purchased or obtained legally by LE, GOV or MIL personnel. However, it was technically against the rules for people to be using their status to buy high capacity mags for the purpose of selling them. I got my Glock 20C back during the AWB and my dad bought it for me (he was still a cop back then). I remember the mags costing ~$17 from the LE retailer, and I remember seeing them for sale at a gun show for over $100 a pop.

Now, what I understand is that one proposal is to ban all mags over 10rds, make no exemption for pre-ban mags OR prohibit the sale of pre-ban mags privately or commercially, and make it illegal for LE/GOV/MIL personnel to sell high capacity magazines privately or back to a retailer (during trade-in, as an example. Which is also fucktard stupid).
I highly doubt there'd be a turn-in mandate, as there is no registration of magazines. It would be impossible to know who possesses the magazines, and how many, and finding out would cause significant 4th Amendment infringements (though it's not like they care at this point). It'll be like California where you just don't want to get caught with an assembled magazine.

Here's my theory- SOMETHING is going to get passed. What it is, I don't know. I would like to see nothing, but the libs are not going to let a trajedy/crisis go to waste for their own political gain. It's just a matter of what. We have enough stupid people in this country to allow it to happen, and that was evidenced by Obama winning the election. They're not going to vote out Santa Claus from office who gives them free stuff. Many voters are poorly educated in politics, so they will believe whatever they're told and never bother to dispute it if their messiah, Barack Hussein Obama, says it's true.
I mean, let's face it- most people are pretty stupid. If the general public were smarter, I probably wouldn't have a job. But no- lots of people are just really stupid.
Gun owners have our own village idiots too, but those of us that are active in "the cause" tend to be more politically savvy and intelligent than the average bear. This is why media people generally want to go interview Billy-Bob the inbred redneck with a 5th grade edumacation about guns as opposed to someone like Dr. John Lott or Tom Selleck.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-07-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Aren't glocks typically in the $600-$700 range anyway?
You can normally get a normal Glock (17,19,22,23) for $499-$549 with a good sale or negotiation.

I bought a G19 for $499 with night sites. (not common)

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 01-07-2013 at 07:30 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote