E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
SpinHouse247

My Ride: 2001 525iT
Send a message via AIM to SpinHouse247
VF E46 325 kit on an E39 525

Its been awhile since I've been on here, but I've always found people here to be a great resource for information. Basically I purchased a used VF kit off a 2005 e46 325. Knowing its the same M54 as my 2001 525 I figured it would be an easy install. The kit is missing one hose and the MAF extension (which I hear had a resistor). It also came with a stage 2 pulley and what look to be 42# injectors (green top). I'm only basing the injector rating off my knowledge of building Ford motors. VF tech is responding only via e-mail and I'd like to get started. I know I need to get the ECU sent off to them (which they haven't told me if or what it will cost me). I'm also wondering if I need to get software for the trans as its a step. Any help would be appreciated here. I'm not new to forced induction but this will be my first BMW. I want to get this right as the car is a tribute to my Mother (used to be her car) who passed away from breast cancer on my birthday. Thanks in advance!

Here's a pic of the car:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130105_173559.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	484761  
While interviewing an anonymous US Special Forces soldier on his sniper skills, a Reuters News agent asked the soldier what he felt when shooting members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. The soldier replied: "Recoil"

SpinHouse247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Viper3812

My Ride: E39 M5, E53 X5
How much did you get the kit for if you don't mind me asking? Sometimes it is easier to get the kit new at a great deal to save you the headaches from a used kit. I would expect the ECU flash to be at least $500. What are you looking for in terms of help? Where in FL. are you located?

My condolences to you and your family.
Viper3812 is offline   Reply With Quote