E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #41
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2003 330CI Silver
after looking at his rear again, I think I figured out why the rear end as a whole may seem so much like an eye sore to most of us. For one, we're so used to seeing quad exhaust exiting out the back on an m3 but where it exits, I believe there's a cut out just big enough for the tail pipe to stick out. When the tail pipe, like the one in the OP car juts out from what seems like nowhere, that's whats causing most of us to gag and scoff. it may seem like such a minor detail to cause a major damaging effect but it would be similar to a smooth edge verses a very jagged one. if he had cut out his "diffuser" and the tail pipes exited and all of it had been on an even plane, i think it would've blended in a lot more. Plus, had he kept that part that his plate is mounted to and the diffuser all one color, I'm sure most would agree it could've been a much more tasteful smoother blend. Yeah... I think that's what it is. The black is bringing too much darkness to a silvery shiny car, causing whatever is silver to stand out. It would be equivalent to all those black pieces not being there at all. If you can mentally picture that, and pretend you only see whatever is silver, that I believe is what's causing most to not like it. We're all used to the back of the car being a single matching color.

PS If you guys seen the green BMW with his rare body kit and quad exhaust, who I think wrote a DIY on it actually, I'm sure most aren't hating on his car. It's because its clean, and he made it work. one more thing, doesn't his car kind of look like a 1996-2001 (i think) Honda Civic Coupe with a ricey quad exhaust on it? lol. maybes its just me
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)

Last edited by NumbaOneNewb; 02-24-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361700346
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #42
D-Rock

My Ride: 1988 325is m50
Nooooo

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
D-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 AM   #43
tuscan1205

My Ride: 325CI
dafuq.

'02 Orient Blue 325Ci
tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #44
Davconelectric

My Ride: Mainly cars
I like it, it's got a whole mad max appeal. The whole, black wheels, exposed exhaust thing looks tough.
Davconelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #45
AggressiveE46

My Ride: 04 BMW 325i
. Hello fanatics , I'm new to this forum. I need a lil help into the right direction. I own a e46 325i and I'm looking into getting a 'Muffler delete' and I really want a nice aggressive sound or something that will sound better than the stock sound (Don't have loads of cash so NOT looking into buying a whole expensive exhaust kit). Also what size tips should I get. This is my first BMW and it's all stock. Anyways thanks in advance to all fanatics inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	537958  

Last edited by AggressiveE46; 12-09-2013 at 07:31 PM.
AggressiveE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #46
Snipez4664

My Ride: '00 328i
i just bought 2.5" tubing from pep boys for like 18 bucks, cut out the resonator and muffler and welded in straight pipe in their place. Stainless tubing would have been better but i didn't care that much. get whatever 2.5" tip you think look good (i didn't use one). If you want a more stock look for the tailpipe, buy a Y pipe for the end. You will love the sound, very sporty. For 18 bucks and a couple of hours you cant beat it.

Last edited by Snipez4664; 12-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Snipez4664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #47
SoCaLe39

My Ride: 06 M5 & 03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveE46 View Post
. Hello fanatics , I'm new to this forum. I need a lil help into the right direction. I own a e46 325i and I'm looking into getting a 'Muffler delete' and I really want a nice aggressive sound or something that will sound better than the stock sound (Don't have loads of cash so NOT looking into buying a whole expensive exhaust kit). Also what size tips should I get. This is my first BMW and it's all stock. Anyways thanks in advance to all fanatics inputs.
If this is your first BMW you shouldn't be wasting your money on modding especially if you don't have reserves for repairs. Not to mention a 325i with a muffler isn't going to sound all that impressive.

I'd recommend saving up some cash for a rainy day then consider doing modifications.
SoCaLe39 is offline   Reply With Quote