E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #41
phrozen06
Registered User
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W
Posts: 7,528
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
ummm excuse me, when you are NWO you are NWO


4 life
__________________


phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #42
Silversixspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 85
My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Morgan said he didnt. And Bloomberg isn't you. He is important. The nature of who they are and their careers would require security by trained individuals.
So his life has more value than any of ours?
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #43
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 545
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
So his life has more value than any of ours?
Being the mayor of one the world's largest carries alot weight.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #44
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Being the mayor of one the world's largest carries alot weight.
Since he is making his city safe with gun laws, he should lead by example and demonstrate how safe the city is now by no longer requiring armed guards at his side. I mean, I would hate for him to come off as hypocritical.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #45
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
So his life has more value than any of ours?
Morally no. Realistically probably yes. Sucks but hey we can't all be the same.
__________________
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #46
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Morgan said he didnt. And Bloomberg isn't you. He is important. The nature of who they are and their careers would require security by trained individuals.
I know for a fact that he does. I have seen him leaving the building with two large security guys, that get into a black Denali with him.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #47
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Morally no. Realistically probably yes. Sucks but hey we can't all be the same.
Diamond dealers and people who carry large amounts of cash can get carry permits in NY. What do they have in common with Bloomberg?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #48
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Diamond dealers and people who carry large amounts of cash can get carry permits in NY. What do they have in common with Bloomberg?
joos
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #49
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Morgan said he didnt. And Bloomberg isn't you. He is important. The nature of who they are and their careers would require security by trained individuals.
So Morgan needs the armed security because he is a loud mouthed twit? Got it. Keep armed gaurds on his side, as he says guns are bad, mmmmmkay?
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
joos
Im Jewish, I wouldn't mind Bloomberg catching a bus if you know what I mean....its people with money. I'm sure the liberals would love that...generally rich folks aren't criminals, so we should only allow those that make over 400K carry guns...after all, they are paying their fair share.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #51
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 545
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
So Morgan needs the armed security because he is a loud mouthed twit? Got it. Keep armed gaurds on his side, as he says guns are bad, mmmmmkay?
Obviously you didn't read my post or pay attention to Morgan's own words. He said he doesn't have armed security.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #52
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 545
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Diamond dealers and people who carry large amounts of cash can get carry permits in NY. What do they have in common with Bloomberg?
You can get a permit to carry in NY also:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pe...sing_faq.shtml
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Im Jewish, I wouldn't mind Bloomberg catching a bus if you know what I mean....its people with money. I'm sure the liberals would love that...generally rich folks aren't criminals, so we should only allow those that make over 400K carry guns...after all, they are paying their fair share.
I know you are Jewish, but Jews was the obvious answer to that question lol...sorry, its true
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #54
Lair
Modded ///Member
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Obviously you didn't read my post or pay attention to Morgan's own words. He said he doesn't have armed security.
kaput doesn't need to hear your version of reality. He has his own.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #55
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Obviously you didn't read my post or pay attention to Morgan's own words. He said he doesn't have armed security.
Sure he doesn't. Who do you think is posted at the doors of the studio he shoots in? Yea, armed security. They have to be there, the insurance company says so. Regardless of his personal detail, he is still guarded by armed men when at CNN.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #56
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 545
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Sure he doesn't. Who do you think is posted at the doors of the studio he shoots in? Yea, armed security. They have to be there, the insurance company says so. Regardless of his personal detail, he is still guarded by armed men when at CNN.
and what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #57
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
and what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
Plenty. It shows that when asked about it, he stated he does not have armed guards. But he does. That is the point. Same for anyone else out there, celebrity or politician. If you carry, or employ someone who does, you do not have the right to express any anti-gun rhetoric at the expense of others rights.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #58
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 545
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Plenty. It shows that when asked about it, he stated he does not have armed guards. But he does. That is the point. Same for anyone else out there, celebrity or politician. If you carry, or employ someone who does, you do not have the right to express any anti-gun rhetoric at the expense of others rights.
Please reread your argument and reframe it, because you are completely wrong.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #59
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Please reread your argument and reframe it, because you are completely wrong.
What part of his argument is unclear to you? If you have armed guards protecting you, you are quite the hypocrite claiming that people don't need guns.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #60
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
So his life has more value than any of ours?
The Bible tells us 'no'. The law tells us 'no'. Reality tells us 'yes'.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use