E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

View Poll Results: que?
<10% could do it 21 23.33%
10 - 50 % 24 26.67%
would def need to be greater than 50 % 36 40.00%
JONJON > 9 10.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #61
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
It's design has nothing to do with crime statistics. Hate to tell you this, but my Glock would have been just as effective in a classroom full of 5 year olds. In all of the crimes that have been committed with this weapon, or its variants, none of them used the weapon for it's intended purposes.

Your clarification was also BS. Look up the statistics of crimes committed with an NFA weapon since 1986. Find a hand full and you get a cookie. I'll give you a hint... The numbers are so low, I doubt you will find one murder with an NFA weapon.
I think it's actually 2. And one of the murders was committed by a cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #62
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Or, they could just wait a couple of years and vote whomever out of office.

If 3% of the country is so opposed to the direction that 51% of the country want the country to go in that they're willing to take up arms, they need to reevaluate their values and priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I would love to hear what Busa would have done
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I'd like to know how Busa would handle this situation.
Quote:
What are we to do?

Last edited by 'busa; 01-10-2013 at 09:26 AM.
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #63
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:

If 3% of the country is so opposed to the direction that 51% of the country want the country to go in that they're willing to take up arms, they need to reevaluate their values and priorities.
It's for when the political process no longer works. Last resort.
We're not there yet, but it seems to be getting closer.

When the constituents are no longer represented properly. That is happening present day all around us.

If the current administration decided to make slavery legal again, remove the freedom of speech or not allow women to vote.... would you suggest waiting for the next election? They are trying to remove the 2nd Amendment. Immediate and direct reaction is warranted

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-10-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #64
'busa

Quote:
It's for when the political process no longer works. Last resort.
We're not there yet, but it seems to be getting closer.
Really? How so?

Quote:
When the constituents are no longer represented properly. That is happening present day all around us.

If the current administration decided to make slavery legal again, remove the freedom of speech or not allow women to vote.... would you suggest waiting for the next election? They are trying to remove the 2nd Amendment. Immediate and direct reaction is warranted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #65
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Really? How so?
The large majority of this country does not want any sort of ban.
Our elected leaders are not listening. Regardless... what they are doing is not justifiable.

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #66
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:

So just because you think a majority is right everyone else should fall in line? It's a matter of opinion here and you have yours and others have theirs.

As I always say, who the fvck am I to tell someone what they can't and can do. It's not my place so long as my personal life is not being harmed. Grow a pair and stop being sucked into pussified America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #67
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:

So if your rights are on the line or being actively taken away, your opinion is to sit back and wait for the next election? I guess that is one way to handle it, but a lot can happen in 4 years. You might want to grab a history book to see how that turned out for passive folks in the 1930's in various locations around the world.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #68
'busa

Quote:
Our elected leaders are not listening. Regardless... what they are doing is not justifiable.
So what do you think will happen? Is a weapons ban likely? There will be elections next year. If what you're saying is true, all those people will get voted out of office stat! People who are in support of gun rights will get voted in. Any action will be overturned and no one will dare mess with gun rights again. Democracy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
So just because you think a majority is right everyone else should fall in line? It's a matter of opinion here and you have yours and others have theirs.

As I always say, who the fvck am I to tell someone what they can't and can do. It's not my place so long as my personal life is not being harmed. Grow a pair and stop being sucked into pussified America.
Feel free to shoot your way into DC, for all I care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
So if your rights are on the line or being actively taken away, your opinion is to sit back and wait for the next election? I guess that is one way to handle it, but a lot can happen in 4 years. You might want to grab a history book to see how that turned out for passive folks in the 1930's in various locations around the world.
Midterm elections will have speak louder than presidential elections. But why am I even addressing someone that validates Godwin's Law with his first reply?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #69
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Come talk to me when it is something you actually care about. When it doesn't effect you, it's no big deal, and that is the way most people think.

On the other hand, if it directly effects you, and your life and freedoms, you too would fight for it, through paper or "boycotts", and maybe even with bullets. You never know until you are pushed against the wall.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #70
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
That is debatable. Polls have been showing going both ways. And obviously talking amongst the peers in your group would influence your perception of what the majority want or do not want.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #71
'busa

Quote:
Come talk to me when it is something you actually care about. When it doesn't effect you, it's no big deal, and that is the way most people think.

On the other hand, if it directly effects you, and your life and freedoms, you too would fight for it, through paper or "boycotts", and maybe even with bullets. You never know until you are pushed against the wall.
Well, let's be realistic, it is very unlikely to happen anyway. I think all this fearmongering is counter-productive. Maybe if gun right advocates were a little bit more cooperative in coming up with solutions, it wouldn't appear quite so stark.

And yes, I think paper and boycotts are far more attractive options.

Other than gun rights, what else would you fight for with bullets, even if we are less than 2 years away from an important election?

PS: affect
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #72
bimmerfan08

Quote:

That's 'busa for you.

"I am almighty 'busa and what I say only matters because it must be right because well only some of it is logical and the rest my personal opinion. I just happen to believe everything the media throws at me and even the rest of the extreme left agree with me. So yeah take that all those who don't agree with me. Nana-nana boo boo stick your head in doo-doo."

Quote:
"They". Again with this idea that white people are a singular organism with a single will.

Individuals make choices and take actions. Sometimes their race informs their choices and actions, sometimes it does not.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #73
'busa

Quote:
That's 'busa for you.

"I am almighty 'busa and what I say only matters because it must be right because well only some of it is logical and the rest my personal opinion. I just happen to believe everything the media throws at me and even the rest of the extreme left agree with me. So yeah take that all those who don't agree with me. Nana-nana boo boo stick your head in doo-doo."
Ad hominem attacks, strawman fallacies, references to Hitler and mocking are really getting your points across...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?

Last edited by 'busa; 01-10-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #74
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Other than gun rights, what else would you fight for with bullets, even if we are less than 2 years away from an important election?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Bill_of_Rights

And everyone else SHOULD do the same, if any or all were being taken away.

Boycotting Wendy's for cutting hours to workers to skirt Obamacare, or Chick-Fil-A for being against gay marriage is as useful as pi$$ing in the wind.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #75
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Ad hominem attacks, strawman fallacies, references to Hitler and mocking are really getting your points across...
Because you criticize Chase and others yet you behave in the same manner while going to bat for the left. The sooner you get off your high horse and have empathy for others beliefs and values the sooner you will be taken seriously and given respect.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #76
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Citizens have no protection against aircraft / missiles
Yeah, they won't hold up too well against drones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #77
'busa

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Bill_of_Rights

And everyone else SHOULD do the same, if any or all were being taken away.

Boycotting Wendy's for cutting hours to workers to skirt Obamacare, or Chick-Fil-A for being against gay marriage is as useful as pi$$ing in the wind.
Very well, I'm sure you were all up in arms when Allen West attacked a religion that you didn't belong to.

We should take up weapons against Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A?

Quote:
Because you criticize Chase and others yet you behave in the same manner while going to bat for the left. The sooner you get off your high horse and have empathy for others beliefs and values the sooner you will be taken seriously and given respect.
Aside from an occasional (and very obvious) joke, where do I make it about the poster? In this thread, I've focused only on the points I've made and the rebuttals that they've prompted and yet, it appears, others would rather make it about me. Go figure!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?

Last edited by 'busa; 01-10-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #78
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Very well, I'm sure you were all up in arms when Allen West attacked a religion that you didn't belong to.

We should take up weapons against Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A?

Aside from an occasional (and very obvious) joke, where do I make it about the poster? In this thread, I've focused only on the points I've made and the rebuttals that they've prompted and yet, it appears, others would rather make it about me. Go figure!
#realworldproblems

Quote:

Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #79
'busa

Quote:
#realworldproblems
#nocontributionasusual
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What are we to do?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #80
bimmerfan08

Quote:
#nocontributionasusual

It's pointless to contribute here as this is but an internet forum and opinions will be opinions at the end of the day. Rather it's more enjoyable to recognize the inaccuracies and flaws in arguments here.

Quote: