E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #41
ZeeZoo

My Ride: '99 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
I gotta say props to you man! I love your car, we are almost twins haha. Now I need to drop my car, the stance of your car is on point. I really want to know how hard it was to wrap your panels in black suede and how was the carbon fiber trim wrap? Now I'm thinking that since I'll be putting some alcantara pieces inside my car, I need to do my door panels. Btw you should check out my college thread, you'll love it
Yea our whips look the same if we had the same set of wheels lol. The panels was a pain but I did it over the winter all by myself. Have a friend help you out and you'll finish the job in half the time and get a better result. I'm looking around for a new shift knob, boot, and handbrake boot too but I don't think I want alcantara with a beige interior. I'm gonna wrap my pillars and headliner in something crazy over the summer to switch it up and I might redo the suede on the front door panels.

Oh, and drop it on coils bro
Old 05-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #42
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
My 323i build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeZoo View Post
Yea our whips look the same if we had the same set of wheels lol. The panels was a pain but I did it over the winter all by myself. Have a friend help you out and you'll finish the job in half the time and get a better result. I'm looking around for a new shift knob, boot, and handbrake boot too but I don't think I want alcantara with a beige interior. I'm gonna wrap my pillars and headliner in something crazy over the summer to switch it up and I might redo the suede on the front door panels.

Oh, and drop it on coils bro
Haha yeah the m3 wheels was the first set of wheels on my car, staggered setup which the rears rubbed like crazy. What kind of adhesive did you use? Also I have new struts all around so I don't think it'll be worth it to get coils, maybe springs...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #43
ZeeZoo

Quote:
Haha yeah the m3 wheels was the first set of wheels on my car, staggered setup which the rears rubbed like crazy. What kind of adhesive did you use? Also I have new struts all around so I don't think it'll be worth it to get coils, maybe springs...

I used 3M spray adhesive and it works really well, just don't overspray because then it will bleed through and come out looking terrible, trust me on this lol. If you just got new struts and shocks then I'd wait too or you could sell them used and get coils. The thing people don't tell you about buying lowering springs vs. coilovers is that if you have a little rub, there's no way to adjust the height once you go with springs. Coilovers cost more for a reason and don't cheap out like I did, once these coils go then it's onto the real deal.

Also, a lot of guys said M wheels shouldn't fit on non-Ms but rolling the fenders takes care of that. The fitment with these wheels is just
Old 05-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My 323i build thread

Quote:
I used 3M spray adhesive and it works really well, just don't overspray because then it will bleed through and come out looking terrible, trust me on this lol. If you just got new struts and shocks then I'd wait too or you could sell them used and get coils. The thing people don't tell you about buying lowering springs vs. coilovers is that if you have a little rub, there's no way to adjust the height once you go with springs. Coilovers cost more for a reason and don't cheap out like I did, once these coils go then it's onto the real deal.

Also, a lot of guys said M wheels shouldn't fit on non-Ms but rolling the fenders takes care of that. The fitment with these wheels is just
Is yours squared? And I believe I have some of that 3m spray, how much was the fabric and its alcantara right?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #45
ZeeZoo

Quote:
Is yours squared? And I believe I have some of that 3m spray, how much was the fabric and its alcantara right?

Staggered 8/9 but the rear tires are stretched at 225 instead of 255 which looks good and helps with the rub lol. The fabric was just a blanket of microsuede I got off eBay for $8 a square yard or something, I guess it's similar to alcantara but if I'm gonna redo it, I want it in a real suede not the microsuede. I paid like $5 for the 3M spray and $24 for fabric to wrap the door panels with an extra couple of square feet to play with.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #46
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My 323i build thread

Quote:
Staggered 8/9 but the rear tires are stretched at 225 instead of 255 which looks good and helps with the rub lol. The fabric was just a blanket of microsuede I got off eBay for $8 a square yard or something, I guess it's similar to alcantara but if I'm gonna redo it, I want it in a real suede not the microsuede. I paid like $5 for the 3M spray and $24 for fabric to wrap the door panels with an extra couple of square feet to play with.
Damn good deals! And that's the problem I had with the m3 wheels, it was rolling on 255 tires lol.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #47
ZUCCA636

My Ride: 2002 LSB M3
My 323i build thread

I like that little trim moulding fin in the back of the deck lid. ... What's that called

ZUCCA636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #48
effay

My Ride: 323Ci
You probably won't notice any difference with long tube CAI
effay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #49
ZeeZoo

My 323i build thread

Not sure what you're referring to, it's either the shark fin on the roof or the spoiler lip on the trunk. I got both off eBay for cheap.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #50
BMWsRkewl

My Ride: 1999 323i
I plastidipped my oems white too lol after going black to red i figured white was the best.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #51
ZeeZoo

Been a while.

Swapped the old engine out for an m54 and dropped the car as low as possible (still not low enough).

How she looks now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1389824498.640058.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	542781

Last edited by ZeeZoo; 01-15-2014 at 10:17 PM.
ZeeZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:31 PM   #52
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
Quote:
Been a while.

Swapped the old engine out for an m52 and dropped the car as low as possible (still not low enough).

How she looks now:

Attachment 542781

The car had an m52.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #53
damonchoy

My Ride: 2004 330ci M-Sport
The retrofit looks great! Can't say I'm a fan of the M3 bumper or the fin, however.

Looks good overall.

Damon Choy - 16 years of age - 2-time BMW owner (E36, E46), proudly funded by myself
2004 330ci - ///M-Sport - 6MT - Imola Red - ZHP Alcantara interior - ZHP/M-Tech II exterior
Summer: 19x9.5 and 19x8.5 Gunmetal CSL replicas - Winter: 17x8 Silver Style 65 replicas
SS replica headers - Rogue DMS exhaust - Carbonio CF intake - black roof/grille/mouldings
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #54
ZeeZoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46JAB View Post
The car had an m52.
m54*
Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #55
Johal E32

My Ride: E46 323iT/5
dude, 323's come with m52's
Old 01-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #56
KrasivataSabine

OP, how did you make that lip on your OE bumper? Did you use door sealer strips or something? I think I'd like to do that myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
dude, 323's come with m52's
Sad truth

#BattleBimmer #323RS
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #57
ZeeZoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrasivataSabine View Post
OP, how did you make that lip on your OE bumper? Did you use door sealer strips or something? I think I'd like to do that myself
Go to Home Depot and get garage door liner. It comes in a foam roll that you can double-side tape it to the underside of the bumper.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #58
KrasivataSabine

Quote:
Go to Home Depot and get garage door liner. It comes in a foam roll that you can double-side tape it to the underside of the bumper.

Nice. Thanks for the tip

#BattleBimmer #323RS
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote