E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #21
DonaldE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 650
My Ride: 2002 330i
Sorry. I'm just annoyed I suppose at the people like you that seem to inhabit every forum that I've ever been on, because I thought that this one might be different. I didn't follow you here. I just read the title and was wanting to see what the thread was about. Then I happened to see your ignorant response to what another member said to try and help. Much like you did to me. The member posted:

"why not just paint all the chrome inside the headlight black instead of tinting the lens? then it will look like tinted headlights but will still be safe. only suggest this if you have xenons."

He was clearly talking about the headlight trim that MANY other members have painted with much success, and what seems to be the exact look of the car in your sig. So again, you're response about painting reflective surface was ignorant and irrelevant.

I don't see why you think you can (assuming you're a moderator and did it yourself) delete posts made about you just because it makes you look bad. That's not fair to the other members that have to live with being wrong and stupid looking all over the rest of the forum. I know that being wrong can be tough, but take it like a man. And while you're at it, stop playing the victim. I don't get emotional. I just use logic to argue valid points to people that think they are entitled to being rude and unhelpful just because the have "seniority".

I assumed this was an adult forum. I stand corrected...

Last edited by DonaldE; 01-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
DonaldE is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,446
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
He just said to only do it if you have xenon lights. Which have no reflective surfaces. I swear you don't think before you post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
Sorry. I'm just annoyed I suppose at the people like you that seem to inhabit every forum that I've ever been on, because I thought that this one might be different. I didn't follow you here. I just read the title and was wanting to see what the thread was about. Then I happened to see your ignorant response to what another member said to try and help. Much like you did to me. The member posted:

"why not just paint all the chrome inside the headlight black instead of tinting the lens? then it will look like tinted headlights but will still be safe. only suggest this if you have xenons."

He was clearly talking about the headlight trim that MANY other members have painted with much success, and what seems to be the exact look of the car in your sig. So again, you're response about painting reflective surface was ignorant and irrelevant.

I don't see why you think you can (assuming you're a moderator and did it yourself) delete posts made about you just because it makes you look bad. That's not fair to the other members that have to live with being wrong and stupid looking all over the rest of the forum. I know that being wrong can be tough, but take it like a man. And while you're at it, stop playing the victim. I don't get emotional. I just use logic to argue valid points to people that think they are entitled to being rude and unhelpful just because the have "seniority".

I assumed this was an adult forum. I stand corrected...
1) I am not a moderator.

2) You are wrong. That's not what afstud meant. See the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afstud View Post
yea i just ment if you have the bixenon headlights cause then it doesnt matter if you paint the high beam reflector bowl since the obvious reason of BIxenons, just dont touch the projector lens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
He just said to only do it if you have xenon lights. Which have no reflective surfaces. I swear you don't think before you post
So we see he was talking about the commonly painted high beam bowl modification.

What was that about thinking before you post again?

__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,446
My Ride: M54B30
By the way, my entire lighting system is rebuilt from the ground up. The internals of my headlights have been fully dissassembled, modified, tuned, and software-coded as well as the exterior lenses. My foglights are also custom fabricated and retrofitted xenon projectors.

I think I can handle this, Donald.
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #24
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,294
My Ride: JDM
Mango, I think you have a new mancrush!
__________________
choxor is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #25
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,446
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Mango, I think you have a new mancrush!
Suddenly I miss GoingNuts
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #26
Patton323I
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 817
My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Science says yes.


They do still teach science in school, right?
Of course they do!

__________________
Patton323I is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #27
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,626
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton323I View Post
Of course they do!



__________________
Zell is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #28
//Maxwelljuppercut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: il
Posts: 229
My Ride: e46
you should definitely do this. while youre at it you should tint your windshield, that would look nice. functionality/safety is for losers.


also, donald, mango is not the one that looks like an asshole right now, just saying.
//Maxwelljuppercut is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #29
TallSkinnyMatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,597
My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Mango, I think you have a new mancrush!
Agreed. Mango wins again!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #30
jmillsner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 412
My Ride: 330Ci 6 Spd, 335Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
By the way, my entire lighting system is rebuilt from the ground up. The internals of my headlights have been fully dissassembled, modified, tuned, and software-coded as well as the exterior lenses. My foglights are also custom fabricated and retrofitted xenon projectors.

I think I can handle this, Donald.
why would you want xenons as fogs? dont have much fog around where you are or are they actually usable as "fog" lights?
jmillsner is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,446
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillsner View Post
why would you want xenons as fogs? dont have much fog around where you are or are they actually usable as "fog" lights?
No fog. just extra light to my sides for when I'm in the canyons alone. I do a lot of canyon "carving" and btw, i didn't just throw in xenons into factory housings or cheap projectors. the entire thing was made up with xenon in mind. well controlled projection and sharp cut off

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=919411

__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS

Last edited by Mango; 01-10-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Mango is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
Patton323I
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 817
My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
I Like!
__________________
Patton323I is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #33
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,626
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
I think Bimmian sells some 5k fog lamps. They rave how they match the OEM color and aren't blue, but then again I trusted their last product I bought from them and it was a flop.
__________________
Zell is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #34
DonaldE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 650
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
What was that about thinking before you post again?
He posted that 3 minutes after I responded to you. I guess that's my fault for giving too much credit where it was undeserved. Turns out he was dumber than we both thought.
DonaldE is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #35
jmillsner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 412
My Ride: 330Ci 6 Spd, 335Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
No fog. just extra light to my sides for when I'm in the canyons alone. I do a lot of canyon "carving" and btw, i didn't just throw in xenons into factory housings or cheap projectors. the entire thing was made up with xenon in mind. well controlled projection and sharp cut off

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=919411

looks good man! id like to do that, but we get fog sometimes, and when we do its bad, so sticking with OE for now
btw, good call on the color and rims, have the coupe version of that combo

Last edited by jmillsner; 01-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.
jmillsner is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #36
DonaldE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 650
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by //Maxwelljuppercut View Post
also, donald, mango is not the one that looks like an asshole right now, just saying.
I never called him an asshole. Nor did I say he was being one. I'm just sticking up for myself and others when self-entitled moderators think they're gods just for spending half their lives on forums.
DonaldE is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
TallSkinnyMatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,597
My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
I never called him an asshole. Nor did I say he was being one. I'm just sticking up for myself and others when self-entitled moderators think they're gods just for spending half their lives on forums.
You'll look back on this day and say... What was I thinking? Mango has helped dozens of people with many many issues! Which is one reason so many have respect for him. So make sure you know what you're talking about before actually talking so much!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
DonaldE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 650
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
By the way, my entire lighting system is rebuilt from the ground up. The internals of my headlights have been fully dissassembled, modified, tuned, and software-coded as well as the exterior lenses. My foglights are also custom fabricated and retrofitted xenon projectors.

I think I can handle this, Donald.
I find this hilarious after our 2 day argument over "cheaply" improving my DISA
I assume you use the words "custom fabricated" and "tuned" fairly loosely
I do like ZKW-R lenses though. That takes some serious time.
Overall, don't be insulting, and I won't feel insulted.
DonaldE is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
DonaldE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 650
My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyMatt View Post
You'll look back on this day and say... What was I thinking? Mango has helped dozens of people with many many issues! Which is one reason so many have respect for him. So make sure you know what you're talking about before actually talking so much!
I seriously doubt that. I will give credit where credit is due.
DonaldE is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #40
Zell
Registered User
 
Zell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Such City
Posts: 5,626
My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
__________________
Zell is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use