E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #61
Whammy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI -> CO
Posts: 20,106
My Ride: ZHP
Any one know where I can find a spring for the safety? When I got my AR the person I bought it from was not careful when changing the stocks out and did not notice the spring fell out. Does this spring need to be manufacturer specific? Thanks!
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #62
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my house
Posts: 2,047
My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
Any one know where I can find a spring for the safety? When I got my AR the person I bought it from was not careful when changing the stocks out and did not notice the spring fell out. Does this spring need to be manufacturer specific? Thanks!
Check Brownells.
__________________
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #63
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
For shipping info:
Shipping can only be done through UPS ground. It cost me $45 to ship 2,000 rounds using a friends commercial account. When I priced it out online, it was near $70 for the 2,000 rounds at standard price. It's 28lbs per 1,000 rounds of 5.56.
Great info to have... this means that it will easily be 450 or so per 1000 rounds once I include my cost to ship it out to you guys, taxes, etc.. Would people still be in at that price?

If so, I can commit to it through my buddy's company/
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #64
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Great info to have... this means that it will easily be 450 or so per 1000 rounds once I include my cost to ship it out to you guys, taxes, etc.. Would people still be in at that price?

If so, I can commit to it through my buddy's company/
Won't have to ship to me.
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #65
Whammy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI -> CO
Posts: 20,106
My Ride: ZHP
Thanks!
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #66
Whammy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI -> CO
Posts: 20,106
My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Great info to have... this means that it will easily be 450 or so per 1000 rounds once I include my cost to ship it out to you guys, taxes, etc.. Would people still be in at that price?

If so, I can commit to it through my buddy's company/
I would.
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #67
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Alright fellas Adam fortunately has places he can sell any extra ammo that I have so I'll likely order 7k or more rounds and sell it for whatever my cost is to buy and ship.

It'll be first come first serve and I'll take reservations via paypal (as a gift to avoid their pesky fee.. or you could send it through regular paypal but would ask that you add the % into the cost to cover their fee).. ether way, that will allow me to not have thousands on my credit card for the two or three weeks that it takes to ship from my friend to me to you.

Hope that sounds reasonable
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #68
Whammy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: WI -> CO
Posts: 20,106
My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Alright fellas Adam fortunately has places he can sell any extra ammo that I have so I'll likely order 7k or more rounds and sell it for whatever my cost is to buy and ship.

It'll be first come first serve and I'll take reservations via paypal (as a gift to avoid their pesky fee.. or you could send it through regular paypal but would ask that you add the % into the cost to cover their fee).. ether way, that will allow me to not have thousands on my credit card for the two or three weeks that it takes to ship from my friend to me to you.

Hope that sounds reasonable
Count me in for 1k.
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #69
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,475
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
In for 1000
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #70
shwagon
OEM ///Member
 
shwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 766
My Ride: 325it 5-speed
I dont need any 5.56 but there are some good guys on here, thanks fellas!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
What an unending cavalcade of rampant virgin Mom's-basement-dwelling douchebaggery... Wow.
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #71
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,762
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
So whats the final shipped price? $450/1000?
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #72
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
So whats the final shipped price? $450/1000?
I'm thinking that will likely be the total.. I just don't want to say anything in stone yet because (A) I still need to have my friend bill me and ship it out and (B) need to get the shipping costs... someone above said 75-100 to ship 2000 rounds.. I don't want to quote something only to then have to charge people more later on down the road.

But it looks like it will be around 450/1000. Not quite as good as the 380/1000 that he offered me but still far less than what the market is selling at.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #73
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,758
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
I'm thinking that will likely be the total.. I just don't want to say anything in stone yet because (A) I still need to have my friend bill me and ship it out and (B) need to get the shipping costs... someone above said 75-100 to ship 2000 rounds.. I don't want to quote something only to then have to charge people more later on down the road.

But it looks like it will be around 450/1000. Not quite as good as the 380/1000 that he offered me but still far less than what the market is selling at.
I am shipping 1350 rounds of 5.56 in an ammo can this week via UPS ground insured for $1150. Ill report back after I ship with the cost of shipping, which should give you a ball park idea.

Then had about $15ish for packaging supplies(boxes/bubble wrap/peanuts etc).

If you want help shipping it all I don't mind taking to pack it and drop it off at the UPS shipping center for you/or other members.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #74
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,758
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Mil Spec buffer tube kit only $49

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/DSGMILSPECKIT.aspx
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #75
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I am shipping 1350 rounds of 5.56 in an ammo can this week via UPS ground insured for $1150. Ill report back after I ship with the cost of shipping, which should give you a ball park idea.

Then had about $15ish for packaging supplies(boxes/bubble wrap/peanuts etc).

If you want help shipping it all I don't mind taking to pack it and drop it off at the UPS shipping center for you/or other members.
Rockstar. Without you, I'd feel a bit nervous undertaking this project for the e46ers of the world
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #76
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,762
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
I'm thinking that will likely be the total.. I just don't want to say anything in stone yet because (A) I still need to have my friend bill me and ship it out and (B) need to get the shipping costs... someone above said 75-100 to ship 2000 rounds.. I don't want to quote something only to then have to charge people more later on down the road.

But it looks like it will be around 450/1000. Not quite as good as the 380/1000 that he offered me but still far less than what the market is selling at.
Totally understand Chase. Price does affect how much I'll order though. If it was Federal xm193, I'd send you $5000 and tell you to buy as much as you could. There's only so much I'm willing to spend on other manufacturers though.

Regardless, I'm down for at least 1000 rounds
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #77
M3_POWER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,125
My Ride: 2005 M3
I couldn't find it, but who is the manufacturer of this ammo?
__________________
M3_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #78
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,923
My Ride: mid-engine
I'm probably down for 1k. when would we need to pay by?
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #79
al0513
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central TX
Posts: 990
My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Rockstar. Without you, I'd feel a bit nervous undertaking this project for the e46ers of the world
What IF.... i sent you an empty box with a return label?
__________________
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #80
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,762
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
I couldn't find it, but who is the manufacturer of this ammo?
Stillwood. It's posted in page 3, about 2/3 the way down.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use