E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #41
daemonicus

My Ride: batmobile
will you be offering a downpipe option for those that want an open wastegate dump or would the customer have to fab their own?
daemonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #42
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

My Ride: 750hp E36 NickG Tune
We will not be offering an open dump as part of the kit. If you get the kit installed in house, we can make special modifications to the system at the customers request.

Luke King - Sales@maximumpsi.com
908-290-3571
luke@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #43
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
would be interesting to see comparison photos between the MaxPSI vs HPF charge pipes

People were asking about clearance for our lower charge pipe on the e46 turbo kit. Here is a pic showing it sits almost level with the factory undertray.

908-290-3571
Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #44
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
The angles in the first couple pics were misleading...that doesn't look unreasonable. It would just be something to keep in mind while going over speed bumps.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #45
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
The angles in the first couple pics were misleading...that doesn't look unreasonable. It would just be something to keep in mind while going over speed bumps.
If you don't hit the factory undertray you shouldn't hit the charge pipe.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #46
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
I hit the factory under tray sometimes . That charge pipe should never scrape though.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #47
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Lookin' good! Makes me want to buy another E46 M3 and go this route as a more 'daily driveable' car..

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #48
Shimmy23

My Ride: ///M3
exciting! subscribed!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #49
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
hmmmm my car seems to be just as low as Brians. I do scrape the undertray sometimes over larger speed bumps. Do you guys think i'll have problems at my current ride height?? i've attached a most recent pic of how my car sits in summer mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	487266  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #50
str8dum1

My Ride: VQ38DETT
why not build that section of charge pipe from oval tubing? supra guys do it to fit big diameter equivalent exhausts under their cars. The kits are soo expensive, whats a lil more for better ground clearance?

Last edited by str8dum1; 01-22-2013 at 07:21 PM.
str8dum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #51
mike@maximumpsi
boost junky

My Ride: 02M3T, 97M3T
For a customer with a super low car we could always make some tweaks.
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Email us at sales@maximumpsi.com!
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events! - facebook.com/maximumpsi
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #52
mkdc5

My Ride: rsx-s
in for more info!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #53
daemonicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8dum1 View Post
why not build that section of charge pipe from oval tubing? supra guys do it to fit big diameter equivalent exhausts under their cars. The kits are soo expensive, whats a lil more for better ground clearance?
oval piping could increase back pressure which isn't something you want in a turbo setup. how much...who knows, could be negligible.

as far as pricing goes, definitely a nice chunk of change but also a significant amount less than a comparable stage 1 HPF kit.

this question may be geared more towards Nick G but perhaps MaxPsi could answer. what components, other than the intake manifold, are you getting versus buying Nick's TT stage 1 kit for the 330? it all appears to be the same hardware, obviously the tuning is still using the DME, so where does the extra $3-4k get made up? not complaining, because this ultimately the kit I'll end up with but just wondering what differs between the two?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #54
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonicus View Post
oval piping could increase back pressure which isn't something you want in a turbo setup. how much...who knows, could be negligible.

as far as pricing goes, definitely a nice chunk of change but also a significant amount less than a comparable stage 1 HPF kit.

this question may be geared more towards Nick G but perhaps MaxPsi could answer. what components, other than the intake manifold, are you getting versus buying Nick's TT stage 1 kit for the 330? it all appears to be the same hardware, obviously the tuning is still using the DME, so where does the extra $3-4k get made up? not complaining, because this ultimately the kit I'll end up with but just wondering what differs between the two?
The kit may appear to be the same as the technique tuning kit as they both function in same regard, but there are some hardware upgrades that we selected to make with our kit. We are providing a stainless steel tubular header, a tial 44mm waste gate, synapse bov, a precision 6266 turbo to name a few.

908-290-3571
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #55
djtrini

My Ride: 04 M3 & 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
For a customer with a super low car we could always make some tweaks.
Mike could you or Luke PM me more details on this?? I am very interested!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

No need to pm! If we are doing an in house install, it is very easy to accomadate any of our customers special requests!

908-290-3571
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #57
daemonicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke@maximumpsi View Post
The kit may appear to be the same as the technique tuning kit as they both function in same regard, but there are some hardware upgrades that we selected to make with our kit. We are providing a stainless steel tubular header, a tial 44mm waste gate, synapse bov, a precision 6266 turbo to name a few.
that exhaust manifold does look worlds better compared to the cast log manifold from TT or even HPF.

in some pictures you've posted the manifold is powder coated in black as well as a couple of the pipes. is this something every kit will get or is that an option people can choose?

just to confirm, this kit uses a bov, not a diverter valve, right? i ask because in every video, it's been hard to hear it. i also dont think you've ever posted a picture of where it's located. intake manifold, cold side, hot side?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #58
powerfreak1

My Ride: 04 CB/Cinn M3
Any videos of this beast? I am looking into this turbo kit and want to see what it is like with SMG!!!
powerfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #59
luke@maximumpsi
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonicus View Post
that exhaust manifold does look worlds better compared to the cast log manifold from TT or even HPF.

in some pictures you've posted the manifold is powder coated in black as well as a couple of the pipes. is this something every kit will get or is that an option people can choose?

just to confirm, this kit uses a bov, not a diverter valve, right? i ask because in every video, it's been hard to hear it. i also dont think you've ever posted a picture of where it's located. intake manifold, cold side, hot side?
We do use the diverter valve on this kit.

We are coating the manifold with the kit purchase. The coated intake manifold as well as the cold side charge piping are options to the purchaser. We can accommodate any ones needs with color options. Personally, I love the black powder coated option. We can also anodize the intercooler black for a true OE look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfreak1 View Post
Any videos of this beast? I am looking into this turbo kit and want to see what it is like with SMG!!!
We are unhappy with the boost control on the manifold. We are currently modifying the wastegate tie in. The car will be on the rollers with the modified wastegate tomorrow night!!

The car is running and running very well. The SMG seems very happy with the power. The quick shifts the SMG throws keeps this thing spooled to the max!! It is a very very good feeling.

908-290-3571
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #60
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
How does the clutch feel?
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote