E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
DesiredM

My Ride: E46 M3
Fs: E46 m3

Hey guys my car is now up for sale.

Here is the link
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...MW-M3-14070152

There is a full description on the ad but here are some pictures

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357881500.259297.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	485546Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357881515.343388.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	485547Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357881533.108810.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	485548Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357881550.224637.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	485549Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1357881564.225152.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	485550

Last pic is upside down I know but my phone wouldn't let me edit it haha.

Car is located in Sydney

Any interest let me know guys

Thanks
DesiredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
LSM3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Nice - although sad that you are getting out of an E46M =( . GLWS - i have forwarded the link to a mate of mine that i am trying to get back into the ///M cars.

With the subframe repair, was it epoxy or affected area welded and reinforced? Was the reinforcement works approved by BMW, or did you have a body shop fix it?

2006 CS M3 | ESS Tune : CSL SMG tune : Eisenmann Race : Eibach : Tekarbon
LSM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Glws!

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
DesiredM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Nice - although sad that you are getting out of an E46M =( . GLWS - i have forwarded the link to a mate of mine that i am trying to get back into the ///M cars.

With the subframe repair, was it epoxy or affected area welded and reinforced? Was the reinforcement works approved by BMW, or did you have a body shop fix it?
Yeah I'm very disappointed as well, it was hard to just list the car for sale

The subframe had one crack which was welded as it was 23mm long and two small "cracks" that were apparently 10mm long each that was welded for precaution. The kit installed was the turner Motorsport kit and also a specially designed bar was welded in that guy had developed to strengthen the rear subframe as well. Then the entire thing was repainted and put back. BEMW at castle
Hill did the repair for me. Guaranteed his work. As long as you don't drive it like a mad man 24/7 over a few years then he said there is very little chance it will crack again.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Davconelectric

My Ride: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
Yeah I'm very disappointed as well, it was hard to just list the car for sale

The subframe had one crack which was welded as it was 23mm long and two small "cracks" that were apparently 10mm long each that was welded for precaution. The kit installed was the turner Motorsport kit and also a specially designed bar was welded in that guy had developed to strengthen the rear subframe as well. Then the entire thing was repainted and put back. BEMW at castle
Hill did the repair for me. Guaranteed his work. As long as you don't drive it like a mad man 24/7 over a few years then he said there is very little chance it will crack again.
Guaranteed as long as you don't thrash it? That's the worst guarantee I've ever heard. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
DesiredM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davconelectric View Post
Guaranteed as long as you don't thrash it? That's the worst guarantee I've ever heard. Best of luck with the sale.
You chose to leave out the point of trashing it 24/7 over a few years. If you get an M3 and launch control it every day, drive with in the 6th shift setting and gun it at every light each time you stop over a few years then that will obviously cause it to crack again, just like it would on any other M3. Thats what he meant be trashing it. However you probably don't deserve to own an M3 if you drive like that anyway, get a commodore.

Last edited by DesiredM; 01-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
GLWS. Did you manage to get BMW Australia to pay for the sub-frame repair?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #8
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Good luck with the sale man

What's next ??

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #9
DesiredM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
GLWS. Did you manage to get BMW Australia to pay for the sub-frame repair?
They refused and wouldn't budge but provided me with an inspection report before and after the repair to ensure it was fixed. The dealer paid half and I had to pay the other half.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #10
DesiredM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
Good luck with the sale man

What's next ??
Not to sure whats next, I was looking at a golf R because i need a car which is easily accessible for the back seat due to a little one on the way soonish but want something with a decent power output. But also considering a SS V as an option as well (regardless of what I get in the budget not much will compare to the M )
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
LSM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredM View Post
Not to sure whats next, I was looking at a golf R because i need a car which is easily accessible for the back seat due to a little one on the way soonish but want something with a decent power output. But also considering a SS V as an option as well (regardless of what I get in the budget not much will compare to the M )
Golf R's are pretty sweet - wouldn't own one out of warranty though. I just bought an R36 wagon for the wife - pretty impressive. Also have driven with a few tuned Golf R's at race tracks and they are very impressive - heaps of mumbo on the straights.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #12
11EAS

My Ride: M3
GLWS DesiredM.. Obviously you'll hate to see it go..

On another note. Can you PM me with rough details on the 'specially designed bar' - I'm looking at all possibilities for when I reinforce mine completely.

ps. Golf R + tune = Still a golf but...

Cheers!

'04 JB/IR M3
11EAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #13
trive2

My Ride: 1989 BMW 535i
Great advertisement by the way!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
Honro

My Ride: M3 E46
GLWS Mate!

Gotta say never heard of a warranty that covers the SMG Pump! So good score and a nice car, I reckon you will sell it quick!

- MOD LIST -
- ESS VT550 SUPERCHARGER @ 307rwkw | KW V2 Coil Overs | 20' Vertini Hennisy Wheels - 20x 8.5F & 20x10R -

Watch My S/C Install Vid Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCnA...ature=g-user-u
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
LSM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honro View Post
GLWS Mate!

Gotta say never heard of a warranty that covers the SMG Pump! So good score and a nice car, I reckon you will sell it quick!
Haha + 1. I have an Allianz used car extended warranty from BMW and even that doesn't cover the SMG Pump

Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
Mallee

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Haha + 1. I have an Allianz used car extended warranty from BMW and even that doesn't cover the SMG Pump
Mine from BMW did, but I was caught out by the 3k cap on it, I should have pushed for a higher warranty limit.
Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
Honro

My Ride: M3 E46
3k? Im assuming u had a dealer fix it? Cause that sounds quite excessive given u can buy the pump for around $1600-$1800.

Surely labour wouldnt have been 1k+?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App

- MOD LIST -
- ESS VT550 SUPERCHARGER @ 307rwkw | KW V2 Coil Overs | 20' Vertini Hennisy Wheels - 20x 8.5F & 20x10R -

Watch My S/C Install Vid Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCnA...ature=g-user-u
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #18
DesiredM

Thanks all

Will be sad to see it go but I have to be more realistic in my car choice now

Yeap it covers the pump, first thing I did was call up the warranty company and double checked with them. Basically they said the entire transmission (gear box, etc etc) has up to a $5000 claim value. I said it's a pump that changes gears to them on the phone (they didn't know what SMG was) and they said if its involved with the transmission of the car in anyway it's covered. So it's a good deal

Been lowballed already though, 2 dealers offering me $30-$31k (they must be desperate for cars if they are going through private sales these days) and one guy offering $35k. So it's not gone yet
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Rajvosa

My Ride: M3
Good luck with the sale, although I'm still surprised you have decided to sell her!? After doing the subframe and also having the warranty I'd be keeping her man.

I sold my E46M after having her for 2 years and with 135kms. I still miss that car. I honestly don't think there is another car for that money that will give you such enjoyment. It's power, looks and handling is uncomfortable to anything out there IMO. Good luck man
Old 01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
DesiredM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
Good luck with the sale, although I'm still surprised you have decided to sell her!? After doing the subframe and also having the warranty I'd be keeping her man.

I sold my E46M after having her for 2 years and with 135kms. I still miss that car. I honestly don't think there is another car for that money that will give you such enjoyment. It's power, looks and handling is uncomfortable to anything out there IMO. Good luck man
I do want to keep it, to me it's probably one of the most reliable and worry free M3s out there but with a baby on the way it makes it hard to justify keeping it. I need a more family orientated car now and moving out of home so time to get responsible