E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
if you paid for the shipping and everything, why didn't you make him ship it first to you? since you basically have more to lose already.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #22
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003silver330i View Post
There should be some kind of restriction in this forum with either a number of required posts, join date, or credibility rating before you are allowed to sell or trade anything.
i'd do the first 2. the itrader rating would suck because i have made a lot of transactions where the buyer doesn't leave a feedback for me.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #23
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
if you paid for the shipping and everything, why didn't you make him ship it first to you? since you basically have more to lose already.
We were supposed to ship at the same time.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
Unfortunately, he's about 1000 miles away :(
There are other fanatics all over the country. They cannot hide.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
2003silver330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Quote:
i'd do the first 2. the itrader rating would suck because i have made a lot of transactions where the buyer doesn't leave a feedback for me.
Anything is better then nothing in my opinion.
2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
sillieidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003silver330i View Post
Anything is better then nothing in my opinion.
yeah that and the requirement is that you have to post a picture with a piece of paper with your username/date on it.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #27
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Post this in the Georgia forum.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
2003silver330i

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
Quote:
yeah that and the requirement is that you have to post a picture with a piece of paper with your username/date on it.
I like that idea too.
2003silver330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #29
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
using the mail for fraud is a federal offense is it not?
report his ass.
Unfortunately, the PO could care less about this sort of thing. You would have to convince a Federal Prosecutor to bring charges. Unless it is systematic mail fraud, involving large sums of money, they will not do a thing.

This is why you should always use PayPal for such transactions, even if it involves you both paying each other equal sums of money. At least you have some legal backup with PayPal. Remember - Trust, but verify.

I am going to use this as an opportunity to mention that you should also avoid PayPal transactions where they ask you to send the payment as a "Gift". If you do so, then you lose all legal protections from PayPal. If they are too cheap to eat the tiny percentage that PayPal charges, then they should charge more.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
atrak

My Ride: 01' em three
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post

This is why you should always use PayPal for such transactions, even if it involves you both paying each other equal sums of money. At least you have some legal backup with PayPal. Remember - Trust, but verify.

I am going to use this as an opportunity to mention that you should also avoid PayPal transactions where they ask you to send the payment as a "Gift". If you do so, then you lose all legal protections from PayPal. If they are too cheap to eat the tiny percentage that PayPal charges, then they should charge more.
ingeneral paypall is unreliable as well., they are not answerable to any legislature. Sure ebay owns it, but unless you actually go through ebay to paypall then your SOL if things go bad. I woulda bought his item, then sold your item to him for the exact same amount with Cash on delivery with a signature through FedEX or someone comperable. I've bought and sold bicycles online across country and that has been the only form of garuntee.

Maybe some ATL guys can go collect and hook a bro up! Its a hard lesson you learned about faceless buysell. fun to play with people on buysell when your aware of their knife-in-back intent.. endless entertainment
atrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #31
morningisbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrak View Post
ingeneral paypall is unreliable as well., they are not answerable to any legislature. Sure ebay owns it, but unless you actually go through ebay to paypall then your SOL if things go bad. I woulda bought his item, then sold your item to him for the exact same amount with Cash on delivery with a signature through FedEX or someone comperable. I've bought and sold bicycles online across country and that has been the only form of garuntee.

Maybe some ATL guys can go collect and hook a bro up! Its a hard lesson you learned about faceless buysell. fun to play with people on buysell when your aware of their knife-in-back intent.. endless entertainment
I'd be very appreciative of anyone willing to pay this guy a visit. If anyone is willing, I could throw some cash your way for your time if you're able to recover my part (or preferably the part I was supposed to get)
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #32
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
I'd be very appreciative of anyone willing to pay this guy a visit. If anyone is willing, I could throw some cash your way for your time if you're able to recover my part (or preferably the part I was supposed to get)
I would be suprised if he actually has the part you were supposed to get. It sounds like a scam all around.
I hate to say it, but the warning signs were there. I would never buy from someone whose first post was to sell or trade something. This is just a good lesson for everyone here. If you are going to do something with a lot of trust involved, like a trade, make sure you know the person, as much as you can know someone on a forum. I have bought a lot of things from the classifieds, and got some amazing deals, knock on wood. But you can never be too careful.
I would contact the doctor whose name is associated with the address. It is a starting point. Most likely, it is his not-worth-a-sh!t son, and he will make it right. It may not even be a scam at all, the guy may just be lazy, and has not bothered to remove the part from his car. I hope it all works out.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #33
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Quote:
Should we take a saw-zall?
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #34
morningisbad

What sucks on top of all this is I can't even drive the car. It's been sitting in the shop for a week and a half now waiting for a part.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
warriorpluto

My Ride: 2000 323i
Even if you gift your can still get your money back. Its been done countless times on xda- developers. All you have to do is make the call to PayPal and they will refund

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
warriorpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #36
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
OP, can't you just find a stock exhaust for cheap and install it? I'd never dream of removing the stock exhaust from an e46 m3. If I had an E46 M3 and someone with a super sprint or whatever said hey i'll PAY you $1500 to install this on your car i'd say no!

Just my opinion of course ;) I think the M3 is a masterpiece and should be kept pure. I think you're just SOL on this OP. time to move on.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
enzo_the_baker

My Ride: 328Ci, 328iC, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKiepper View Post
Should we take a saw-zall?
Or maybe a pair of pliers and a blow torch...

2000 328Ci Steptronic
Original Engine & Transmission
Original Transmission Fluid
15K Oil Changes
So there!
enzo_the_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #38
morningisbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
OP, can't you just find a stock exhaust for cheap and install it? I'd never dream of removing the stock exhaust from an e46 m3. If I had an E46 M3 and someone with a super sprint or whatever said hey i'll PAY you $1500 to install this on your car i'd say no!

Just my opinion of course ;) I think the M3 is a masterpiece and should be kept pure. I think you're just SOL on this OP. time to move on.
If I have to, I'm going to pick up an OEM section 2. I picked up the super sprint race muffler off a fanatic this summer and got a hot deal on it and the non-res pipe together. Sounds absolutely sick!! Well...right now it doesn't sound like anything :(

As an update:
I was able to get in contact with his wife. Turns out the father is actually the guy I'm talking to. Either there is another "Frank A Busse" in ATL that works as a doctor, or this guy lied. I'm guessing the latter. Anyways, the wife told me that he wasn't happy with my pipe and he was "in the process of getting it shipped out". I'm not sure if this guy is the laziest guy in the world...but he got the part on tuesday and claimed to have the pipe I was supposed to get shipped wednesday the 2nd (2nd day air shipping by the way). At this point, I'm likely out 400-450 at the shop for putting the part on, taking it off and what will be 2 weeks worth of storage (if I can even get the pipe back). So I'm going to press for that money as well (after I get the pipe).

The long and short of this is I've learned a lesson that some guys are just bad guys. I'd like to think that everyone is a fair, level headed person, but that's obviously not case :(
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
JQuick5156

My Ride: 2004 330 Coupe
Quote:
If I have to, I'm going to pick up an OEM section 2. I picked up the super sprint race muffler off a fanatic this summer and got a hot deal on it and the non-res pipe together. Sounds absolutely sick!! Well...right now it doesn't sound like anything :(

As an update:
I was able to get in contact with his wife. Turns out the father is actually the guy I'm talking to. Either there is another "Frank A Busse" in ATL that works as a doctor, or this guy lied. I'm guessing the latter. Anyways, the wife told me that he wasn't happy with my pipe and he was "in the process of getting it shipped out". I'm not sure if this guy is the laziest guy in the world...but he got the part on tuesday and claimed to have the pipe I was supposed to get shipped wednesday the 2nd (2nd day air shipping by the way). At this point, I'm likely out 400-450 at the shop for putting the part on, taking it off and what will be 2 weeks worth of storage (if I can even get the pipe back). So I'm going to press for that money as well (after I get the pipe).

The long and short of this is I've learned a lesson that some guys are just bad guys. I'd like to think that everyone is a fair, level headed person, but that's obviously not case :(
People are screwed up....don't let one person who made an account for no reason other to sell something skew your view of everyone else :/
Old 01-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #40
morningisbad

UPS is now showing the package it's in transit! Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Phew. While I wish this has gone better, I'm just glad to be made whole and not out the additional cost to replace parts.

Big thanks to everyone here! Hopefully new fanatics will learn from my mistake, haha.