E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
johnboy3103

My Ride: bmw 330ci coupe
e46 propshaft cv boot gaiter ......please help guys

Hi guys am new on here as I have a problem with my e46 330ci 2002yr.

I need a new cv boot gaiter for my propshaft desperately.

I have replace the front rubber guiblo and centre bearing but noticed that the rear cv boot gaiter is in shreds but I have spoken to all the motor traders around my area and no one seems to know....some tell you this and that but I know what am talking about when ity comes to motors and I thought .........best people is on a e46 owners site.Hope anyone could help me in finding my part cause my car is parked up and am stranded.Thanks guy .....any info would be a huge help.
johnboy3103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
ccj4467

My Ride: 330Ci
You can not get the rubber boot seperately, you have to buy the whole CV Joint.

Here is the part number 26 11 7 548 392

I just did this on my 330 not to long ago. Fairly easy job.

Take out the prop shaft. There is a cover on the diff end of the CV Joint that needs to be pried off. Once that is off the is a circlip that keeps the CV Joint place.
Remove the clip and the join slides right off. Slide the new joint on install the circlip and grease the sucker up. Replace the cover and re-install.

Look on realoem.com for a parts diagram.
ccj4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
johnboy3103

Hi mate thanks for that.......I thought that it would not be as simple as putting new boot/gaiter on,

Do I need to marks the end cv joint with tipex or centre punch so it goes back on same way? what about the part where do you suggest I get one from and are they expensive?

Many thanks for you valued help
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #4
ccj4467

No you do not need to mark or index it in anyway. Unfortunately it is a BMW part only. I got mine through ECS Tuning. I am not sure what you have available in Scotland.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #5
johnboy3103

Hi ccj4467 thanks for that I really appreciate it bigtime

This has given me a headache and I am trying to get this part without buying the whole constant velocity.

I am going to look into getting theses manufactured my self as there must be a huge market over here in scotland for this part on it's own with out the cv part.

as a last question do you remember how much you paid for your's from ECS Tuning?

Many thanks again
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
ccj4467

Right around 180 USD with shipping.