E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
funny677

My Ride: 2005 325ci Conv.
Need help for wiring angel eyes multi-color Predator Orion V2. Help please.

Got new Predator V2 Orion Multi-color LEDs from Umnitza for my 2005 bmw 325ci convert. E46.

I don't see having any issues with the wiring harness itself.
Simple: Run yellow wire to footwell for fading effect, run the trigger wire into the ECU and run both sets of wires to correct headlights. The shorter one obviously going to the passenger side and run the longer one with trigger wire to the drivers side headlights. Lots of install instructions on this part of the install in this forum.

BUT!!

I can't find one DIY or Install guide to this particular set of Angel eyes!
Who can explain the Angel eye set up?

-One 8' length black wire runs between the 2 sets of angel eyes.
-The other 8' length runs between one set of angel eyes and the remote switch.
The remote switch has 2 wires coming out of it. A black wire with marks on it and a red with marks on it.
There is only ONE set of wires that will only attach to ONE set of angel eyes.
All the angel eyes I've seen have TWO sets of wires to hook up on both sets of the harness wires. Which side of the harness do I hook up the bullet ends too?
I'm hoping that someone knows which set of angel eyes goes on which side and which set gets hooked up to the wiring harness and where the remote box goes and what the 2 wires attached to that box go into?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7865.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	418408   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7867.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	418409   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7884.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	418410  

Last edited by funny677; 09-25-2011 at 10:30 AM. Reason: pictures didn't upload
funny677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Your pic didn't load, but it's simple. Wire it normally to the footwell light and the ECU wire. Run the color selector wire into the cabin and mount it anywhere there. The extra wire you have you can just tape off with electrical tape.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
gymkhana

My Ride: 2003 330i zhp
Thats pretty sweet u can just change the color to what you want! I saw a vid of them and i thought they only cycled thru the colors.... Good luck with em!
gymkhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
funny677

4 Questions and new pics.

If you can't see it in the pic, that one set of angel eyes with the 2 black cables coming out of it... one cable goes to the other set of angel eyes and the other black cable goes to the remote that will be in the car. I had to take that picture that way because both the black cables are 8 feet long and I couldn't get them in the picture.

1. Which wires do I tape off with electrical tape? The short red and black wires on the passenger side or do I tape off the black and red wires at the end of the long one on the driver side?
2. What do the 2 wires on the color selector box connect to?
3. Which set of angel eyes go on the passenger side? The set with the "two" black cables coming out of them? Or the set with the "one" single black cable?
4. I have 8 feet of black cable on both sets of angel eyes and that makes it wicked confusing. So how do I run them in the engine bay?

Thank you if you can help me with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7867.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	418414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7884.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	418415  
Old 09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
funny677

Ok, Who wants to tackle this wiring issue?

I spread the harness wiring and the angel eyes wiring out in the living room and I still don't have a clue of what the setup of the angel eyes wiring is. They can go any which way because of the 8' of black wire between them. I don't need any answers on the wiring harness, that is easy and lots of DIY on here for it.
I need help with the angel eyes wiring. There is only one set of (red and black) bullet ends on only one of the sets of angel eyes.

1. Which wires do I tape off with electrical tape? O the harness? The short passenger side or the long drivers side?
2. What do the 2 wires on the color selector box connect to inside the car?
3. Which set of angel eyes go on the passenger side? The set with the "two" black cables coming out of them? Or the set with the "one" single black cable?
4. I have 8 feet of black cable on both sets of angel eyes and that makes it wicked confusing because they can be run any which way..
So where do I run the angel eyes wiring?

Thank you if there is anyone out there that has a set like this.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
i don't get what your problem is. you pretty much connected it right in the picture. now all you have to do is put it in your car. what you should do is connect everything off the car, apply some power and see if it works first. you have to bake the headlights for your angels, i would be pissed if it turns out one of the rings don't work lol

take that time to figure out the wiring off the car as well.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Where do you put the two wires coming out of the remote from so it saves your last color????
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, multi-color, new angel eyes, predator orion v2, wiring