E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #61
peytonracer4
:D
 
peytonracer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 6,664
My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
illegal assault magazine scares me more than assault rock.
Not me. Assault rocks are more easily concealed and can be disguised as regular rocks. You can't disguise assault magazines as non lethal ones. You just can't
__________________
choose to click or forever hold your peace ;)
peytonracer4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #62
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Not me. Assault rocks are more easily concealed and can be disguised as regular rocks. You can't disguise assault magazines as non lethal ones. You just can't
Yes you can. Watch....

Assault rifle....



Big furry slippers....



Spray it pink. Thats the secret. Nothing pink is scary.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #63
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO
 
Nt_loader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UT
Posts: 2,326
My Ride: 2006 GTI
Safe Act for who, the criminals? Effen NY, glad I left that sh1t hole many years ago.
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #64
king kong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: socal
Posts: 5,948
My Ride: mid-engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Yes you can. Watch....

Assault rifle....



Big furry slippers....



Spray it pink. Thats the secret. Nothing pink is scary.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #65
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
You know, Florida is a nice spot to live man
__________________

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 01-16-2013 at 10:54 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #66
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
You know, Florida is a nice spot to live man
1) Too damn hot.
2) Love bugs
3) Love bugs
4) Need to speak spanish.
5) Work isn't easy to come by.


I love Miami for a vacay, but couldnt live there. It's like NY to me...awesome as a tourist, but if you lived there, you'd hate everything.

I will most likely end up in Colorado, gods Jeep country.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #67
5ynd1cat3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 486
My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
1) Too damn hot.
2) Love bugs
3) Love bugs
4) Need to speak spanish.
5) Work isn't easy to come by.


I love Miami for a vacay, but couldnt live there. It's like NY to me...awesome as a tourist, but if you lived there, you'd hate everything.

I will most likely end up in Colorado, gods Jeep country.
Ohio?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
__________________
5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #68
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Apparently MD will propose stricter laws than NY in the coming two weeks...
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #69
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,526
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Apparently MD will propose stricter laws than NY in the coming two weeks...
I want to say I can't believe it and I wonder how they could make it worse than NY, but politicians never cease to amaze me..and they will claim it still upholds our 2nd amendment rights...sickening.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #70
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Apparently MD will propose stricter laws than NY in the coming two weeks...
MD is also playing the full retard contest? Wow, lots of winners.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #71
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I hear the rustling of a thousand jimmies. Spare me your BS. In NY there is no stand your ground, so you will instantly be arrested in a HD shoot. There is no castle doctrine, so a grand jury will definitely stick you into a trial. On top of all that, you are almost certainly going to get convicted (if you are charged with something lighter than murder) from the NY libtard jury. The NYPD will really want to help you out though, so enjoy defending yourself.
Stop trying to be cute

Sec. 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person, unless:
(a) The latter`s conduct was provoked by the actor himself with intent to cause physical injury to another person; or
(b) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his use of physical force is nevertheless justifiable if he has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat
by agreement not specifically authorized by law.
2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggressor; or
(ii) a police officer or peace officer or a person assisting a police officer or a peace officer at the latter`s direction, acting pursuant to section 35.30; or
(b) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy or robbery; or
(c) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary, and the circumstances are such that the use of deadly physical force is authorized by subdivision three of section 35.20.

Sec. 35.20 Justification; use of physical force in defense of premises and in defense of a person in the course of burglary.
1. Any person may use physical force upon another person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate what he reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission by such other person of a crime involving damage to premises. He may use any degree of physical force, other than deadly physical force, which he reasonably believes to be necessary for such purpose, and he may use deadly physical force if he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of arson.
2. A person in possession or control of any premises, or a person licensed or privileged to be thereon or therein, may use physical force upon another person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate what he reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission by such other person of a criminal trespass upon such premises. He may use any degree of physical force, other than deadly physical force, which he reasonably believes to be necessary for such purpose, and he may use deadly physical force in order to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of arson, as prescribed in subdivision one, or in the course of a burglary or attempted burglary, as prescribed in subdivision three.
3. A person in possession or control of, or licensed or privileged to be in, a dwelling or an occupied building, who reasonably believes that another person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling or building, may use deadly physical force upon such other person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of such burglary.
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #72
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
1) Too damn hot.
2) Love bugs
3) Love bugs
4) Need to speak spanish.
5) Work isn't easy to come by.


I love Miami for a vacay, but couldnt live there. It's like NY to me...awesome as a tourist, but if you lived there, you'd hate everything.

I will most likely end up in Colorado, gods Jeep country.
Let me rephrase: Tampa is a nice place to live


LOL, I would NEVER suggest Miami!

Also:

1. NO strict gun control
2. NO salt to rust your car
3. 70 degrees all through winter
4. NO state tax
5. Yes, love bugs suck
__________________

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 01-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #73
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
Stop trying to be cute

Sec. 35.15 Justification; use of physical force in defense of a person.
1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person, unless:
(a) The latter`s conduct was provoked by the actor himself with intent to cause physical injury to another person; or
(b) The actor was the initial aggressor; except that in such case his use of physical force is nevertheless justifiable if he has withdrawn from the encounter and effectively communicated such withdrawal to such other person but the latter persists in continuing the incident by the use or threatened imminent use of unlawful physical force; or
(c) The physical force involved is the product of a combat
by agreement not specifically authorized by law.
2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggressor; or
(ii) a police officer or peace officer or a person assisting a police officer or a peace officer at the latter`s direction, acting pursuant to section 35.30; or
(b) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy or robbery; or
(c) He reasonably believes that such other person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary, and the circumstances are such that the use of deadly physical force is authorized by subdivision three of section 35.20.

Sec. 35.20 Justification; use of physical force in defense of premises and in defense of a person in the course of burglary.
1. Any person may use physical force upon another person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate what he reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission by such other person of a crime involving damage to premises. He may use any degree of physical force, other than deadly physical force, which he reasonably believes to be necessary for such purpose, and he may use deadly physical force if he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of arson.
2. A person in possession or control of any premises, or a person licensed or privileged to be thereon or therein, may use physical force upon another person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate what he reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted commission by such other person of a criminal trespass upon such premises. He may use any degree of physical force, other than deadly physical force, which he reasonably believes to be necessary for such purpose, and he may use deadly physical force in order to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of arson, as prescribed in subdivision one, or in the course of a burglary or attempted burglary, as prescribed in subdivision three.
3. A person in possession or control of, or licensed or privileged to be in, a dwelling or an occupied building, who reasonably believes that another person is committing or attempting to commit a burglary of such dwelling or building, may use deadly physical force upon such other person when he reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission of such burglary.

Blah blah blah. NY has a duty to retreat. End of story.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #74
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Blah blah blah. NY has a duty to retreat. End of story.
I really think you need to learn how to read.

"2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggresso
r"

KTHXBAI
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #75
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
I really think you need to learn how to read.

"2. A person may not use deadly physical force upon another person under circumstances specified in subdivision one unless:
(a) He reasonably believes that such other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Even in such case, however, the actor may not use deadly physical force if he knows that he can with complete safety as to himself and others avoid the necessity of so doing by retreating; except that he is under no duty to retreat if he is:
(i) in his dwelling and not the initial aggresso
r"

KTHXBAI
Are you as clueless as you seem to be? Do you even understand basic law....

Why would there be a clause stating that a person has no duty to retreat during a home invasion assuming he was not the initial agressor???? Do you even understand what that little line of text provides the DA?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #76
Jimmeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 54
My Ride: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Are you as clueless as you seem to be? Do you even understand basic law....

Why would there be a clause stating that a person has no duty to retreat during a home invasion assuming he was not the initial agressor???? Do you even understand what that little line of text provides the DA?
Well apparently not, please explain
Jimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #77
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Stop getting rustled...
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #78
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my house
Posts: 2,066
My Ride: My wife
Weapons affected by the new gun laws.

http://troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/NYS%5FSAFE%5FAct/
__________________
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #79
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,596
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I'm stunned that the KSG slipped through that law
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I'm stunned that the KSG slipped through that law
There are a few other brands not on the list...maybe someone can explain to me....legally, since they didn't ban ALL the manufacturers, why aren't all the banned guys suing the state of NY for this? Seems like this is exclusionary.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use