E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #81
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Like I said, it's adorable.

So if they ban high capacity mags (which we know they will), what will they expect us to do with our existing ones? Turn them in?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #82
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post

So if they ban high capacity mags (which we know they will), what will they expect us to do with our existing ones? Turn them in?
I would be surprised if it passed Congress.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #83
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Yeah each one is a cookie-cutter response. The problem is that these responses indicate they already have their opinions formed. That's not their job. Their job is to LISTEN to the wills of the citizens in their districts/states and vote accordingly. They have no right to have an opinion themselves on this stuff if it directly contradicts the majority of those they represent.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #84
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post

Sadly I went hunting the other day with every single piece of gun and accessory i own. And we were duck hunting with all my 10+ round mags. And EVERYTHING fell into the water. So sad.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.

Last edited by MpoweredM; 01-16-2013 at 06:15 PM.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #85
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
A similar thing happened with all of my guns...

I've been working on a device that distorts the space/time continuum and I finally got it working. Well, unfortunately it opened a small wormhole and sucked not only all of my guns and firearm related material into it, but also the device itself and all of my design sheets for it. Then, the wormhole abruptly shut, leaving the rest of my room perfectly intact.

Crazy...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #86
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
My dog ate my new shotgun. Damn dog.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #87
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
I already lost all of my guns and ammo, fell to the bottom of a creek like I said in another thread...

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 AM   #88
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Senator Cruz did a superb job in the hearing yesterday.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #89
NOVAbimmer

Girl who performed at inauguration shot about a mile from President Obama's house in Chicago. Apparently this is murder number 42 for Chicago this year.

If only there were some kind of ban on guns within the city limits, this kind of thing could be prevented.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/justic...hot/index.html
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #90
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Senator Cruz did a superb job in the hearing yesterday.

he did a really good job.

although i believe that the gun show loop hole should be closed, and i have no issues with enhancing backround checks.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #91
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Girl who performed at inauguration shot about a mile from President Obama's house in Chicago. Apparently this is murder number 42 for Chicago this year.

If only there were some kind of ban on guns within the city limits, this kind of thing could be prevented.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/justic...hot/index.html
I read an opinion piece on this event and the super anti-gun author basically said it's not Chicago's anti-gun laws that are flawed, it's the pro-gun laws in the surrounding states and cities.....kind of like a really nice house in the middle of a bad neighborhood

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #92
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post

although i believe that the gun show loop hole should be closed, and i have no issues with enhancing backround checks.
There is no such thing as a gun show loophole.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #93
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I read an opinion piece on this event and the super anti-gun author basically said it's not Chicago's anti-gun laws that are flawed, it's the pro-gun laws in the surrounding states and cities.....kind of like a really nice house in the middle of a bad neighborhood

Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #94
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I don't often fail to solve my own problems, but when it happens its always somebody else's fault.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #95
brew

My Ride: F150 X5 MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post

You do know that the "gun show loophole" doesn't mean that they don't have to do background checks at gun shows, right? It only means that if you see someone who is not in the business of selling guns walking around with a gun and tap them on the shoulder and offer to buy it, that they can sell it to you on a face-to-face basis without a background check. It might also apply to someone who has a table who is selling off their personal collection. But anyone who buys and sells guns with any regularity for profit is going to have to run a background check. The more common "gun show loophole" case would be if you offer to buy a gun from your dad or a good friend in your own home. Right now you can just buy the gun without going through a dealer. By "closing the gun show loophole", they want to make you drive down to a licensed gun dealer and pay a transfer fee.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #96
wrighterjw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
You do know that the "gun show loophole" doesn't mean that they don't have to do background checks at gun shows, right? It only means that if you see someone who is not in the business of selling guns walking around with a gun and tap them on the shoulder and offer to buy it, that they can sell it to you on a face-to-face basis without a background check. It might also apply to someone who has a table who is selling off their personal collection. But anyone who buys and sells guns with any regularity for profit is going to have to run a background check. The more common "gun show loophole" case would be if you offer to buy a gun from your dad or a good friend in your own home. Right now you can just buy the gun without going through a dealer. By "closing the gun show loophole", they want to make you drive down to a licensed gun dealer and pay a transfer fee.
yes, this is exactly what i meant. i have no issue with doing the paperwork.

i've seen it in action here in PA, no background, money for gun exchanges. i understand the typical licensed stores/shops need to still do paperwork.

thank you for the insight.

Last edited by wrighterjw10; 01-31-2013 at 01:44 PM.
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #97
wrighterjw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
There is no such thing as a gun show loophole.
hmmm, i think you're wrong. they happen. not all guns sold at shows are sold by licensed dealers. i'm wrong tho.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #98
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Just out of curiosity....what if the buyer then commits a crime with the gun, and the cops trace the number...since you sold it without any paperwork, you are still the "owner" and are in deep sh!t, so why would someone sell a gun like that? I know I wouldn't.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #99
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
My problem with the checks are that you have to do it everytime...basically the government extorting money from people. Do it once, clear the person, give them a card that can be scanned, and call it a day. If they get convicted of a crime, the card is flagged and immediately the shop will know the person cant buy another weapon. Do FBI employees pass a background check everytime they come to work?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #100
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Every 3-5 years they do.