E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #81
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I really hope that neither the high-cap mag ban, nor the awb gets passed, not only because I would find it ridiculous, border-line unconstitutional, and inconvenient, but also because I want it to get put down so I can waive all my stuff in the faces of the libs and laugh. So tired of this nonsense.

The latest bullshit that is being thrown around by the propaganda machine is that the NRA represents manufacturers and that real gun owners don't agree with them. Guess what? The NRA represents myself, and millions of other gun owners, perfectly. I stand behind them 100%. Get that through your heads libs...not everyone in this country "wants action" as the POTUS keeps spitting out. Its bullshit

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #82
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Well. What is reasonable is a matter of opinion. I'd say hunting rifle, shotgun or handgun.

Do you need extra capacity magazines? For your own defense? To hunt? To eat? To live? No. Some small things should be sacrificed for the greater good. I don't support a gun ban. Having said that I see nothing wrong with what Obama did in any way.

Here's a question for all you gun owners: Do you support the Patriot act? Hypocrisy is rampant in this nation.

Keep in mind that this government- the one that most of you think is so fuucked up- is only a reflection of this nation's people.

Along similar lines- for example- I believe that all those who de-cat their cars should pay the tremendous fine that is hardly ever enforced right now for said action.

Your scenario after highcapacity magazine ban is in place.

Criminal with no regard for the law has this. Because whether or not the assault rifle ban is enacted millions of these guns are out there.

As a law abiding citizen I am allowed to have this.

Who do you think has the advantage?

Same scenario vs a pistol,shotgun etc.

So yes an assault rifle ban would limit the protection of myself and my family.

I shoot assault rifles in competition along with shotguns and pistol for fun with other like minded doctors,dentists,police officers,and school teachers. I guess we are all nazi's.

Last edited by MrWesson; 01-16-2013 at 04:27 PM.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #83
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
Your scenario after highcapacity magazine ban is in place.

Criminal with no regard for the law has this. Because whether or not the assault rifle ban is enacted millions of these guns are out there.

As a law abiding citizen I am allowed to have this.

Who do you think has the advantage?

Same scenario vs a pistol,shotgun etc.

So yes an assault rifle ban would limit the protection of myself and my family.

I shoot assault rifles in competition along with shotguns and pistol for fun with other like minded doctors,dentists,police officers,and school teachers. I guess we are all nazi's.
Not to mention that in many cases (a majority, in fact) the most effective weapon for self defense in a home is an AR15.

And you're right...these things are still going to be out there. What effect would either ban have? None. At least not for decades, and any legislation that *might* get through will have a sunset of 10-15 years probably. Which means, its likely that it will be completely ineffective.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #84
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
And also the AR15 is ballisticly inferior to a .308 hunting rifle. So why go after a .223? I would say all of this makes no sense,but then I would be right.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #85
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
And also the AR15 is ballisticly inferior to a .308 hunting rifle. So why go after a .223? I would say all of this makes no sense,but then I would be right.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Because it's scary looking. That's what matters. Scary is bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #86
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerIsMyName View Post
As someone who is about to become a full time teacher, i applaud Obama and his stance on gun control. The last thing any school should have is teachers and staff members all carrying guns around.
You know nothing. Exit this thread. (Yes I am aware I'm late to the convo)

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #87
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Assault Rifle =

Not Assault Rifle =

Both guns shoot the same rounds out of the same action and same barrel.

These people are idiots about the AWB, but I'm just preaching to the choir here.
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #88
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Assault Rifle =

Not Assault Rifle =

These people are idiots about the AWB, but I'm just preaching to the choir here.
The black one could be used to murder masses and kill children.
The wooden one would be used for an honest man hunting food for his family.

Two totally different guns.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #89
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
nothing more american than the government compiling lists and keeping tabs on law abiding citizens

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #90
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Assault Rifle =

Not Assault Rifle =

So true.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #91
MrWesson

My Ride: 01 330CI/09 328i
Quote:
As someone who is about to become a full time teacher, i applaud Obama and his stance on gun control. The last thing any school should have is teachers and staff members all carrying guns around.
I honestly would love to have a thread where people can talk about it and not bicker like children.

I dont agree with your point of view but would like to hear why you came to this conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
You know nothing. Exit this thread. (Yes I am aware I'm late to the convo)
A bunch of guys yelling guns are great in a room together isn't much of a discussion.
MrWesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #92
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #93
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWesson View Post
I honestly would love to have a thread where people can talk about it and not bicker like children.

I dont agree with your point of view but would like to hear why you came to this conclusion.

A bunch of guys yelling guns are great in a room together isn't much of a discussion.
Hmm, yet to see that quote once in here.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #94
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
Quote:
SHEEP!

enjoy your false sense of safety...
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #95
david05111

Yeah this country has gone from the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave" to the "Land of the Restricted Sheep and the Home of the Wimps"

Last edited by david05111; 01-16-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #96
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Question

Quote:
If one day you're teaching your class and the door gets kicked in by an armed madman, please tell me...

How hard would your hands hurt from applauding Obama

You and everyone that shares your thoughts are insane, hypocritical and delusional.

There isn't a single parent from Sandy Hook that would state "I'm SO thankful my dead kid's teacher was unarmed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-16-2013 at 06:42 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #97
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
you realize that teachers dont carry guns in schools already right? its not like obama's stance is changing that...

and if thats the ONLY thing that you have to back obama on unconstitutional gun control measures, you can go fuck yourself.

and by the way, one of obama's executive orders is to provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers (who usually carry guns)

Last edited by Sentaruu; 01-16-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #98
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Do you need extra capacity magazines?
Yes, and my reasons are none of your business. According to the ban as it is being entered, every mag I own is a high capacity mag. What does that tell you? It is unreasonable to assume that fewer bullets in the hands of a law abiding citizen is the answer to stop crimes.

Tell me, who is going to enforce this law on criminals? Who is going to go from hood to hood, from project to project, from gang turf to gang turf, and do a check, just to make sure all weapons are legally purchased, and the mags fit the law?

Answer that, and I'll give mine up.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #99
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Yes, and my reasons are none of your business. According to the ban as it is being entered, every mag I own is a high capacity mag. What does that tell you? It is unreasonable to assume that fewer bullets in the hands of a law abiding citizen is the answer to stop crimes.

Tell me, who is going to enforce this law on criminals? Who is going to go from hood to hood, from project to project, from gang turf to gang turf, and do a check, just to make sure all weapons are legally purchased, and the mags fit the law?

Answer that, and I'll give mine up.

"In an effort to ensure all citizens are compliant with the new restrictions on illegal assault magazines, we request that all people open their homes, persons, and properties to inspection by authorities. Those not complying will be assumed to not be in compliance with current restrictions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #100
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
"In an effort to ensure all citizens are compliant with the new restrictions on illegal assault magazines, we request that all people open their homes, persons, and properties to inspection by authorities. Those not complying will be assumed to not be in compliance with current restrictions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."
Are you freaking kidding me? No. Not a chance I'm letting them search my home or even come on my property without a warrant.