E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
ImSoFreaknWhite

My Ride: '06 M3 SMG VERT
Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
Ever heard of this place?!

So I recently got into a bit of an accident. And need a front right control arm and tie rod end. Im tight on money and would like to find a good deal, but still have a quality part. I came across this company while Google searching, and wondered if any of you have used them in the past. All their parts say "genuine BMW" so im thinking these are the real deal, But unsure how their prices are so low. But wanted to hear some feedback before I pulled the trigger.

Please let me know anything you've experienced or heard about these people. Thanks.

Heres a link to the control arm I was looking into to getting:
http://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/M3/...e=20&year=2006

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
ImSoFreaknWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
ImSoFreaknWhite

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via AIM to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoFreaknWhite Send a message via Skype™ to ImSoFreaknWhite
anybody?

My Build Thread

l Status Gruppe One-Piece Lip l Anodized CCW Classics w/ Polished Lips l Black Grills/Gills & Emblems l Carbon Fiber Roundels
Status Rear Section l K&N 57 Series CA Intake l OEM JB Hardtop l TM Drilled/Slotted Rotors l D2 Coilovers w/Camber Plates l VIS CSL VERT Trunk
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
vandyboy

My Ride: 2001 325i
Yes, they are a reputable company. They are either affiliated with or used to be called FCP Groton - longtime Volvo parts house.
vandyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
I love fcpeuro. They have good price and free shipping over $25. I use them all the time. But their free shipping takes time. I didn't click on your link but fcpeuro are genuine.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
bmwporschefan

My Ride: 2001 330xi
I purchased something from them twice this week. Their orders came in before the others. Price is good and free shipping to boot.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyboy View Post
Yes, they are a reputable company. They are either affiliated with or used to be called FCP Groton - longtime Volvo parts house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
I love fcpeuro. They have good price and free shipping over $25. I use them all the time. But their free shipping takes time. I didn't click on your link but fcpeuro are genuine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwporschefan View Post
I purchased something from them twice this week. Their orders came in before the others. Price is good and free shipping to boot.
Alright cool, thanks guys. Are these OEM parts from Bmw? or just aftermarket parts based off the actual parts?

My Build Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #7
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
They "should" state what company makes the part. Ask them and let us know what they say.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
They "should" state what company makes the part. Ask them and let us know what they say.
Alright, but what confuses me is that all the parts say "genuine Bmw" on them. Not sure what that means exactly...

My Build Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
ImSoFreaknWhite

And Jake have you ever installed a wiper fluid tank on a M3? If so do you have a DIY video of it? I'm wondering how hard its going to be..

My Build Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

Don't have one but there is one in the DIY section. I assume loosen the bolts and disconnect the washer pump/motor carefully.

I'd paint it black if I were you and leave a line so you can see the level.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Don't have one but there is one in the DIY section. I assume loosen the bolts and disconnect the washer pump/motor carefully.

I'd paint it black if I were you and leave a line so you can see the level.
Whats the point? nobody ever sees it. Its behind the bumper

My Build Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

Some people spend time to clean their engine bays and want a clean look.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoFreaknWhite View Post
Alright cool, thanks guys. Are these OEM parts from Bmw? or just aftermarket parts based off the actual parts?
They are genuine BMW parts, if it is mentioned in the description. If they are aftermarket or OEM, it will be mentioned as well. I have many transactions with them and I have been happy with the price and quality.
Just the free shipping takes a little longer.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
vandyboy

My Ride: 2001 325i
The "genuine BMW" designation means they are marked BMW and come in package that are stamped BMW with the logo. Many distributors have access to BMW parts sold by the dealer. There is a company called Worldpac that sells foreign and domestic "dealer" parts to garages. Occasionally, Beck-Arnley parts will come in BMW packaging - they are supposed to be repackaged factory parts.
vandyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
How do you have 2500 posts and not know what a "Genuine BMW" part is? It is OEM and warrantied by BMW (if you have a certified mechanic install it) for several years.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
They are genuine BMW parts, if it is mentioned in the description. If they are aftermarket or OEM, it will be mentioned as well. I have many transactions with them and I have been happy with the price and quality.
Just the free shipping takes a little longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyboy View Post
The "genuine BMW" designation means they are marked BMW and come in package that are stamped BMW with the logo. Many distributors have access to BMW parts sold by the dealer. There is a company called Worldpac that sells foreign and domestic "dealer" parts to garages. Occasionally, Beck-Arnley parts will come in BMW packaging - they are supposed to be repackaged factory parts.
Ok ya I gave them a call today and made the order. He said that its all real bmw parts just they buy them in bulk for super cheap and thats why they are able to give them away for so cheap. The guy was very personable and a pleasure to deal with. Once I receive the package ill give you guys a bit of a review. So far so good though.

Thanks for the all the quick replies..

My Build Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #17
ImSoFreaknWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
How do you have 2500 posts and not know what a "Genuine BMW" part is? It is OEM and warrantied by BMW (if you have a certified mechanic install it) for several years.
I know what a "genuine bmw" part is, its just I wasn't sure if people have experience with the company, and can vouch for the quality of the parts. Sorry if my stupidity offended you.

My Build Thread