E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
redline61

My Ride: 04 M3
FS/FT LS1 E36 Idaho/Washigton border

Up for sale is my 92 325is. The car has a LS1 Camaro V8 swapped in along with a T56 six speed transmission. 174,000 miles on chassis. I bought this car from another local BMW forum member that had sort of completed the project. After much time, and MUCH money, the car is in daily driver condition. This car is my DD and does very well. Even gets around pretty well in the snow; but you have to watch out because on the snow tires this car will let the rear end go at 60mph in the wet

I am selling the car because I am in school and really spent more than I would like getting the car to the condition it is in now. I financed a small amount of the expense (personally, not a lean on the title) and have been tossing around the idea of selling the car to get back into an E46. I think this car is getting to be too much for me to resist, and I keep wishing I wasnít in school so I could just spend a couple more dollars on it.

Engine:
99 LS1 with 104,000 miles.
Intake, 3Ē with large K&N filter
TechRods custom wiring harness
Spec stage 3 clutch, Spec flywheel, arp flywheel bolts
Tuned ECU by Marty Stromburg in Spokane (to delete VAC, rear 02's etc)
New oil pan and gaskets (leaks nothing)
Ceramic coated hooker headers to dual 2.5Ē, merged into a single 3Ē Moroso catalytic converter and singled out to a Borla XR1 muffler.

Transmission:
T-56 six speed Camaro transmission that had a stage two rebuild done by Texas Drivetrain Performance. Has new bearings throughout,
New main shaft,
Upgraded 2nd gear,
Hardened bronze bushing and fork pads,
New 5/6th gear assembly,
Carbon Kevlar shift rings, and cost me $2,000 just for the rebuild.
This trans is bullet proof and built for abuse. I know this is corny but it truly feels like a rifle bolt when you move it between gears. It is very precise.

Suspension:
New HD Meyle front control arms
Poly fcabs
New tie rods and rebuilt steering rack, so the front end is brand new.
Rear subframe reinforment plates have been welded in
Solid differential mounts from Turner
Rebuilt 3.91 lsd as well
I also have turner solid subframe mounts as well as poly rtabs. Just havenít wanted to deal with it in the cold.
Single adjustable Koni yellows with Intrax sport springs
The car is pretty low but rides really smooth. I also have the stock suspension still.
17Ē M contours with snow tires currently and a set of BFG Gforce Super Sports that all have really good tread. The rear snow are dying quickly but this car was meant to destroy rear tires

The interior is in ok condition with door panels from a M3 that have minor wear on the arm rest. Car also has Vader seats and a custom gauge cluster. Tinted windows, alpine CD player to an older amp, then to Infiniti Kappa speakers at all corners.

Good:
Car is almost brand new,
104,000 miles on engine,
3,000 miles on transmission with warranty,
3,000 miles on front suspension/koniís,
11,000 miles on differential
Clean and clear title with the front driver fender being the only one without a matching VIN tag.
It hasnít been inspected but being a 92 with a cat I would bet this car could pass emissions.
Plus the car is truly a kick in the pants to drive. Very fast with reasonably good fuel economy. I get 18-20mpg in town and 26-28mpg on the highway. Plus sixth gear is a ridiculously low gear so you just idle down the freeway and have all the torque in the world. Also the cruise even works.

Bad:
Fenders were rolled by po and have a little cracking going on.
The front and rear bumpers show some wear.
Air bag doesn't work
The cd player only plays the radio.
The AC doesnít work and would need lines from a 318is and compressor and a $300 bracket from NAHR.
The tach signal is off and the ecu needs to be tuned to send out the proper signal to the BMW cluster.
I would give the body a 7 out of ten and the interior a 7 as well. It is a decent car but not perfect.

Overall this car is really ready to go. I have put a lot of work into it and really smoothed out the rough edges. The car drives great and has plenty of power as well as all the potential for power you could ever want. The car is also built to handle the power that it can make. It is a very focused car and with the solid mounts for the engine, trans, and diff the car isnít buttery smooth. This is also a source for various rattles in the E36 interior. I love driving this car and every time I downshift for a line of cars it puts a huge smile on my face. Again I am not set on selling this car and am in no way desperate to sell it.

After researching other cars that have sold I am asking $13,000 and think this is a very reasonable price for the amount of money that went into building it. This car has the epic handling of a BMW along with the power and reliability of the LS1. I havenít dynod the car but would expect 300-330whp and similar torque.
Thanks for looking.

Trades:
I am up for trades but the only cars I am looking for are an E39 M5, E46 M3(yes I realize this is a long shot), and MANUAL 330i. Not really looking for a straight trade unless it is an M3/M5. Maybe for a really clean and low mile ZHP. You can toss out other trades but they are unlikely and no Automatics. (SMG M3 excluded). Not interested in adding money.

Also not looking for long distance trades. I don't have the money to ship cars around but could meet half way to Portland, Seattle, or Boise.

I will be taking some more pictures if it gets above freezing and I can was the car.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
redline61

Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
redline61

Bump!