E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #41
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Give me some specifics. What views/opinions disqualify Colms as being a "real liberal"
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #42
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Give me some specifics. What views/opinions disqualify Colms as being a "real liberal"
Well, for one, he's sort of a moron, so I certainly don't want him in my club.

Second, I can't recall anything specific he's said, but he was only there as a foil...so it seemed Fox was fair and balanced...and he played, at best, as a centrist. His liberal views were fashioned for the show...he was the well-meaning, slightly stupid liberal, so all the Fox viewers had someone right there they could regard as an idiot. The real Liberals, compared to colmes, were thus painted as Communists.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #43
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post

Second, I can't recall anything specific he's said, but he was only there as a foil...so it seemed Fox was fair and balanced...and he played, at best, as a centrist. His liberal views were fashioned for the show...he was the well-meaning, slightly stupid liberal, so all the Fox viewers had someone right there they could regard as an idiot. The real Liberals, compared to colmes, were thus painted as Communists.
So you have all these assertions/opinions, but no facts to back any of it up with? You can't just call someone a "centrist" without something to back it up with... some reason. Do you feel the same about the rest of the liberals employed by Fox?

-Juan Williams
-Kirsten Powers
-Shepard Smith
-Geraldo Rivera
-Mara Liasson
-Bill Schulz
-Susan Estrich
-Bob Beckel
-Santita Jackson
-Simon Rosenberg

and I'm going to point out again that the "brilliant" Jon Stewart is too cowardly to have ANY conservative pundits on his show.

Last edited by pancakes; 01-20-2013 at 07:15 AM.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #44
dmax

Quote:
So you have all these assertions/opinions, but no facts to back any of it up with? You can't just call someone a "centrist" without something to back it up with... some reason. Do you feel the same about the rest of the liberals employed by Fox?

-Juan Williams
-Kirsten Powers
-Shepard Smith
-Geraldo Rivera
-Mara Liasson
-Bill Schulz
-Susan Estrich
-Bob Beckel
-Santita Jackson
-Simon Rosenberg

and I'm going to point out again that the "brilliant" Jon Stewart is too cowardly to have ANY conservative pundits on his show.
...and I'll point out for the first time, that Stewart has had 0'Reilly on many times, Huckabee, and many Republican representatives.

And, yes, I think your list above are all Centrist or right of Centrist, being paid well to pretend they're liberal. It's all staged, calculated, and I admit, very well devised.

Oh, 90% of what you hear on Fox might be true, but the problem is that that 10% is editorial masquerading as fact, and if you didn't know better, you'd believe it's the way things are. (BTW, I only watch Fox a little; I'm trying to get up to where I can view it for more than 5 minutes without vomiting. So far, I'm only up to 3 minutes.)

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 01-20-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #45
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:

-Juan Williams
-Kirsten Powers
-Shepard Smith
-Geraldo Rivera
-Mara Liasson
-Bill Schulz
-Susan Estrich
-Bob Beckel
-Santita Jackson
-Simon Rosenberg

I thought all the fox defenders were gone. Thanks for keeping the flame.

Fox's list of liberals includes a disgruntled former NPR employee, Geraldo Rivera, and a bunch of losers that nobody's ever heard of. The only one in your list that has any left/moderate tendencies at all is Shepard Smith, and that's only when he's on his period.

If you think that any intelligent liberal would actually work for an insanely partisan gang like Fox, your naïveté is staggering. Everybody knows that Fox has never been fair and balanced. Their corporate motto explains it all: "We report, you decide." In other words "We probably aren't telling you the truth, but we'll let you believe it anyway."

Don't let that stop you from defending them, though. They need all the zombies they can get.

Please post the results of your in-depth investigations that prove Jon Stewart has ever been purposely misleading without retracting his mistake.

Take as much time as you need. I'll wait.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #46
dmax

My theory about Fox is it maintains its viewership by using women with tight fitting tops and substantial breasts. Maybe you guys watching it hadn't noticed? It's a tactic to get you to watch, which is fine, but you have to remember to turn the sound off!

A recent set

Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #47
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:

Wow, utterly delusional.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #48
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Wow, utterly delusional.
Everyone they get espousing liberal views is some combination of stupid, weak, wacko or all of the above. It makes it very easy for Fox to thus portray the Liberal as the fool.

Haven't you noticed, for instance, whenever talking about anything bad the left has done, everyone on Fox says the same three words over and over again. You haven't noticed that? Please.

It's designed that way so everyone can remember those three things, repeat them, believe them, and thus they become true in the minds of many listeners.

You're being programmed. You should know you're entitled to better. How the entire Fox viewership isn't up in arms about how it's being treated is beyond me. You should be outraged, but you're not;you want to believe what you're hearing is true because you believe the same things. There's a difference between a belief and a fact.

You watch closely. You'll hear 9 facts and 1 belief hiding as a fact, as self evident. I've watched enough to see shoddy logic repeatedly from every person on Fox. It is sad and a shame and you deserve better.

A recent set

Old 01-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #49
Act of God

Quote:
Everyone they get espousing liberal views is some combination of stupid, weak, wacko or all of the above. It makes it very easy for Fox to thus portray the Liberal as the fool.

Haven't you noticed, for instance, whenever talking about anything bad the left has done, everyone on Fox says the same three words over and over again. You haven't noticed that? Please.

It's designed that way so everyone can remember those three things, repeat them, believe them, and thus they become true in the minds of many listeners.

You're being programmed. You should know you're entitled to better. How the entire Fox viewership isn't up in arms about how it's being treated is beyond me. You should be outraged, but you're not;you want to believe what you're hearing is true because you believe the same things. There's a difference between a belief and a fact.

You watch closely. You'll hear 9 facts and 1 belief hiding as a fact, as self evident. I've watched enough to see shoddy logic repeatedly from every person on Fox. It is sad and a shame and you deserve better.
I don't watch Fox news. I don't really watch any news. For the record, every news-based show has a counterpoint useful idiot. Maher does it all the time, shows on MSNBC do it as well. That's about the only way anyone will ever ask McCain's daughter her opinion on anything.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 01-20-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
dmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I don't watch Fox news. I don't really watch any news. For the record, every news-based show has a counterpoint useful idiot. Maher does it all the time, shows on MSNBC do it as well. That's about the only way anyone will ever ask McCain's daughter her opinion on anything.
So you listen to colmes on the radio and think he's a liberal? I only listen to NPR so wouldn't know where to find colmes now if I wanted to...which I don't.

Every show doesn't have a useful idiot...some actually have very knowledgeable folks on.

Fox viewers, notice how stupid those 'representing' Democratic views are ugly, stupid, poor speakers...and notice how they can't ever finish a sentence before they're interrupted or talked over. Watch.

A recent set

Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #51
Act of God

Quote:
Fox viewers, notice how stupid those 'representing' Democratic views are ugly, stupid, poor speakers...and notice how they can't ever finish a sentence before they're interrupted or talked over. Watch.
You'd fit right in!

#BoomRoasted

Last edited by Act of God; 01-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #52
Lair
E46Fanatic

Freud says "wtf".

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #53
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
dmax I think you should chill out. Be honest, most news broadcasts are biased one way or the other. The sooner you realize and admit that, the sooner I can think you're not such a bafoon for thinking not.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #54
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Please post the results of your in-depth investigations that prove Jon Stewart has ever been purposely misleading without retracting his mistake.

Take as much time as you need. I'll wait.
Wait while he googles the answer. He's full of ****.

And I though we already went through this? There was a imagine comparing headlines from Fox and other sources, and it actually alluded to apparent bias in the article names?
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #55
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
dmax I think you should chill out. Be honest, most news broadcasts are biased one way or the other. The sooner you realize and admit that, the sooner I can think you're not such a bafoon for thinking not.
So it's wrong for him to call it what it is?
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #56
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
So it's wrong for him to call it what it is?
He's so bent on blasting Fox news that I have yet to see him admit the biases and misleading information provided by liberal broadcasts. In fact, I think he dodged a comment by AoG in this thread about that.

Boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Yeah, lets single out one entity cuz the other news websites don't devote any space to drivel.

Quote:
Well, the others do report news; if Fox did any of that too, I wouldn't single it out!

I doubt many here that are smart enough to have a bmw would ever watch Fox, but just in case there are, I felt compelled to warn them. Some still don't have a clue, you know.
Quote:
Accolade, compare it against any other source...it doesn't matter.

But, of course, if you want a thorough accounting of the important news of the day, there are a number of sources, of course, but you should never limit yourself to just one. Try the New York Times...it's a newspaper regarded around the world as a reliable source. The Washington Post, LA Times, Chicago something or other.

Also, of course, the place a huge portion of the country gets its reliable news--The Daily Show and Colbert Report--even in the guise as entertainment, you have to know they both report things we should know that the mainstream media doesn't...either because it can't or it won't.

I admit to watching Fox years and years ago...until I started paying attention more. It's very good in how it does what it does, but once you know what it's up to, you'll never forgive it for its slighting of reliable news reporting. It's obviously nothing much more than an arm of the GOP...the PR arm. Its bias is legion; how can you not know this?
Quote:
YES!

The Wall Street Journal is now owned by the same POS that owns Fox News.

No bias there!

I'll just leave this here:
Quote:
This thread got highjacked? It should be about how it's wrong that a lawyer charged his client for sex?

Jon Stewart uses jokes to tell you the truth that you otherwise wouldn't hear or think about.

His coverage of the gun ban was brilliant; same for Colbert. We need fools...they're the only ones that can speak truth to power. Both serve a vital role in ensuring there's a vibrant dialogue in our country.

As to the NYTimes comment made...find me one case where the NYTimes printed an inaccurate story and didn't print a retraction, correction, or fire someone over it. It prints news...it doesn't make stuff up. There isn't a higher pinnacle in the world of journalism. It's the fn New York Times...try reading it online, since I assume you don't get it delivered.

Please don't pick news sources based on the amount of stories they tell you that you like or agree with...then you're picking entertainment.
Quote:

Quote:
...and I'll point out for the first time, that Stewart has had 0'Reilly on many times, Huckabee, and many Republican representatives.

And, yes, I think your list above are all Centrist or right of Centrist, being paid well to pretend they're liberal. It's all staged, calculated, and I admit, very well devised.

Oh, 90% of what you hear on Fox might be true, but the problem is that that 10% is editorial masquerading as fact, and if you didn't know better, you'd believe it's the way things are. (BTW, I only watch Fox a little; I'm trying to get up to where I can view it for more than 5 minutes without vomiting. So far, I'm only up to 3 minutes.)
Quote:
My theory about Fox is it maintains its viewership by using women with tight fitting tops and substantial breasts. Maybe you guys watching it hadn't noticed? It's a tactic to get you to watch, which is fine, but you have to remember to turn the sound off!
Quote:

"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 01-20-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
He's so bent on blasting Fox news .
Fox needs to be blasted. They're more full of sh*t than a christmas turkey.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 01-20-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #58
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Note to self: don't accept Lair's Christmas dinner invitation this year (or any year).
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #59
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Wait while he googles the answer. He's full of ****.
I won't hold my breath. He'll houdini out of this thread and never even attempt to back that lie up. I appreciate the fox-y bulls*t that he dropped on us, though. Very clever.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #60
bimmerfan08

Quote:
I usually have ham for Christmas and turkey for Thanksgiving. Regardless my turkey is usually stuffed with stuffing, cranberries, and apples.