E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #21
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
I try my best not to buy Chinese sh!t and I sure as fvck don't shop at Walmart, but what if say you've paid to see a movie in a theater, should I pay for it again when it comes out on DVD, I don't think so.

100% your nothing close to a business major, What do you mean not buy "Chinese shlt" you rather buy "shlt" from USA based distributors who buy wholesale from china for most likely half or 3/4 the price?

Last edited by dualbob103; 01-20-2013 at 03:52 PM.
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #22
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post

100% your nothing close to a business major, What do you mean not buy "Chinese shlt" you rather buy "shlt" from USA based distributors who buy wholesale from china for most likely half or 3/4 the price?
You're right not a business major. Computer technology engineer.

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
adaseb

My Ride: 2002 BMW 320i
While he is a cool guy and everything, what he opened up is illegal and it "might" hurt some people

Actors or Musicians such as Britney Spears, 50cent, and Brad Pitt aren't going to be hurt by piracy.

The people that might are small time computer programmers who make their living programming apps or shareware based applications.

Piracy sometimes help small time Musicians.

But these days there are billions of people out there with computers so even if 99% of stuff is pirated there is still a lot of money to be made now a days as compared to like 10 years ago when nobody owned computers except computer nerds.

Last edited by adaseb; 01-20-2013 at 04:12 PM.
adaseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
It's true, sometimes I can't find a particular song for free than I have to buy it. I also support up and coming artists by buying their songs, but I sure as fuck not going give money to someone that has millions of dollars already.
I do the same. If I can't find it with minimal effort I have zero problems buying the content. I probably average 1-2 albums and month through iTunes, multiple tracks, and 1-3 movies through Apple TV a month. I have found a couple small bands that I really liked through Reddit who will give their content away on band camp or ask for a couple bucks for a track which I am more than happy to donate when I really like the material.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaseb View Post
like 10 years ago when nobody owned computers.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #26
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
i do the same. If i can't find it with minimal effort i have zero problems buying the content. I probably average 1-2 albums and month through itunes, multiple tracks, and 1-3 movies through apple tv a month. I have found a couple small bands that i really liked through reddit who will give their content away on band camp or ask for a couple bucks for a track which i am more than happy to donate when i really like the material.
+1

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #27
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
When I cant find a song, go to youtube..and these days, whats not on youtube!
There's ton of youtube video downloaders addons for firefox.

ex: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...hp-dl-featured
Yeah it's an option, but the quality is usually not up to par with straight 320kbps MP3 rips.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Seems to be up and running now, good speeds, simple to use.