E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #1
bimmerfan08

My Ride: F
Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 at Florida gay club

Quote:

Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 dead at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42 - before he is killed in shootout

-Suspected Islamic extremist opened fire inside Pulse gay club in Orlando in the early hours of this morning
-He shot more than 40 people - killing about 20 - and took party-goers hostage before being killed by police
-Shooter, believed to be in his 20s, was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he attacked
-Police used an explosive device to distract the gunman and rescue around 30 people who had been taken hostage
-Police engaged in gunfire with the man and an officer was shot in the head, but he was saved by his helmet
-FBI says gunman may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism' and it is being investigated as 'an act of terrorism'
-Took place four miles from where The Voice singer Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live on Friday

A suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun has killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay club in Orlando.

The gunman was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire on the dance floor inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said authorities have not determined the exact number of people killed, but that 'approximately 20' have died. Another 42 people were taken to hospital.

An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism, adding that they are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.

Police said the gunman, who was shot dead by officers, was believed to be in his 20s was not a local man, while the FBI believe he may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism'.

The killings took place less than four miles from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday.

Writing on Facebook, Pulse urged party-goers to 'get out and keep running' as bullets started flying at around 2am local time.

At around 5am authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue the hostages. Nine police officers used an explosive device to distract the hostage taker and rescue around 30 people.

During the gunfire, an officer was shot, but he was saved by his helmet, and the gunman was killed. It was thought that at least one hostage had been locked in a bathroom with gunshot wounds.

At around 6am local time police tweeted: 'Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.'

Jon Alamo said he was inside the club, which was hosting a Latin-themed night, when a man holding a weapon entered the room he was in.
'I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,' Alamo said. 'The music stopped.'

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened just before closing time. 'Everybody was drinking their last sip,' he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth.

A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots.

'I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out,' he said. 'And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot.'

He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.

Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police.
He told her he ran into a bathroom with others to hide. He then texted her: 'He's coming.'

She said: 'The next text said: "He has us, and he's in here with us". That was the last conversation.'

Ricardo Almodovar, who was inside the nightclub, said: 'Shooter opened fire at around 2.00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran.'

Juan Rivera said on Twitter: 'I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well. Never seen so many dead bodies on the floor, God is good that my friends and I didn't get shot'.

Rosie Feba was in the club with her girlfriend and described the moment the shooting happened.

She told the Orlando Sentinal: 'Everyone was getting on the floor. I told her [girlfriend] I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun.'

The police department posted on their official Twitter account: 'Multiple injuries. Stay away from the area.'

Dozens of officers and medics are at the scene, including Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team.

The shootings have taken place less than four miles away from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead by a gunman at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday 22.45 local time.

The man, identified as 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl, of St Petersburg, Florida was armed with two handguns, ammunition and a hunting knife.

He later killed himself and his motive was unknown.

This morning Donald Trump this morning tweeted: 'Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hostages.html

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 06-12-2016 at 08:10 AM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
I think you mean white-Islamic extremist!
Old 06-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
I think over 100 shot.

50 dead 50 injured.

I think its the worst in US history.

Blocks from my doctor's office.

I am in shock.

Horrific.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI on a BMW board since 2005.

2016 Honda Accord Sedan V6 Touring (wife)
2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 06-12-2016 at 09:28 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Horrific
Insane body count amount. Well planned and calculated...
We'll be seeing more of these unfortunately
So sad
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
orb
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325Ci
Lots of soft targets here, seems it was only a matter of time unfortunately.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
I remember when the Columbine school shooting was the biggest story of the year, 13 dead. the numbers on these shootings keep going up and up.

Only a matter of time before they hit a sporting event. Sure they all have metal detectors. But there are usually 1000s of people gathering around outside waiting to get in. Can you imagine if someone set off a bomb in that crowd??

A lot of discussion this coming week be out there on how to prevent these shootings. But I think it is next to impossible to defend against someone willing to die. Crazy times we live in.

Last edited by FadeToblack; 06-12-2016 at 10:06 AM.
FadeToblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:08 AM   #7
-Ross-
OEM ///Member

My Ride: Jeep JK/Yamaha FZ1
Shouldn't this be under Florida man?
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #8
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
r/news banned all discussion of this when it turned out it was a muslim, smh
Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #9
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 at Florida gay club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
r/news banned all discussion of this when it turned out it was a muslim, smh

Front page of CNN and the WP

Quote:
The shooter is not from the Orlando area, Mina said. He has been identified as Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29, of Fort Pierce, about 120 miles southeast of Orlando, two law enforcement officials tell CNN.
Orlando authorities said they consider the violence an act of domestic terror. The FBI is involved. While investigators are exploring all angles, they "have suggestions the individual has leanings towards (Islamic terrorism), but right now we can't say definitely," said Ron Hopper, assistant special agent in charge of the FBI's Orlando bureau.

Last edited by MDydinanM; 06-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #10
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
i wish we banned all guns so something like this will never happen again.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #11
Act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Front page of CNN and the WP
"r/news"

It's a main subreddit
Old 06-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #12
Act of God

Isis threatened Florida 3 days ago

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...hree-days-ago/
Old 06-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #13
redfeathers

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330 ci
This is what you get when you POLICE the world.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #14
IFX

My Ride: M156
Still dont see why people need automatic weapons. Very sad
Old 06-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #15
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfeathers View Post
This is what you get when you POLICE the world.

Uh huh.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #16
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: pisses off liberals
I can't wait for CAIR to hold a press conference. Let's see how they try to brush this one under the rug like they tried to do in San Bernardino.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #17
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Westboro Baptist is fueling up their vans for another road trip.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #18
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
So the father of the shooter is saying his son is homophobic and disliked seeing two gay men kissing on the street...

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #19
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Terrible news.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #20
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
Quote: