E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #1
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
I'm going to Denver... School me

I'll be there a full week...

Annnnnd Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Being unprofessional is GK talk for someone calling out his BS in real life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
gk seems to have tried to change his role online now. before it was mr. obnoxious. now it's mr. calm, collected, and still an idiot.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Weed.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus View Post
Weed.
I have a DOD secret clearance, I don't use drugs... Beer on the other hand...

Quote:
Quote:
gk seems to have tried to change his role online now. before it was mr. obnoxious. now it's mr. calm, collected, and still an idiot.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
Don't expect anything earth shattering. You live in what's becoming the craft beer center of the world.

Where about are you staying in Denver? How much free time do you have? Will you have a car?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #5
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
I'm T.S. cleared; just don't pee in cups. Seriously though, I hear ya. I was forced to convert to alcoholism too.

Last edited by Bartacus; 06-17-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #6
dvsntt

My Ride: 01 325xi
Did you already book a hotel? If not, I recommend the Magnolia, they have free beer in the evening and free breakfast that is pretty good. It's really nice and great location downtown. My wife and stay there for special evenings and such.

If you want to try beer, it's the city for it. My favorite brewery is Strange Craft, they are phenomenal (HMU and I'll join you). You should probably also take a hike to red rocks amphitheater, and better to catch a show there.

Night-life; depends what you are looking for. Here is a map I made of some of my favorite places (and places I still need to try): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GK...iQ&usp=sharing
If you have any questions about specific cuisine, how to get around, etc.. Let me know.
dvsntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:29 AM   #7
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Don't expect anything earth shattering. You live in what's becoming the craft beer center of the world.

Where about are you staying in Denver? How much free time do you have? Will you have a car?
Tampa is becoming the craft beer center of the world? That's news to me...

Anyway, go to RMNP if you have time (it's an hour drive) as it is absolutely stellar in that area. Find some good BBQ and mexican foods. Beer in Colorado is awesome, check out great divide, I really like that one. If you have time, rent a Jeep and find some trail to drive up. If you're willing to drive a ways, go check out Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods in CO Springs. Go a little ways west to Vail if you want to feel like a poor. Hanging lake is super cool too. There are a lot of mapped scenic byways you can drive too.

Long story short, I found that everything cool in Denver is actually outside of Denver.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 06-17-2016 at 11:30 AM.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #8
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
I saw a guy commit suicide within 20 minutes of landing last time I was in Denver. So, don't do that.

Red Rocks is a must, I don't care who is playing, just go.
Great Divide has some fantastic beer and the brewey tour is a lot of fun. Get some Oak Aged Yeti
Head to Boulder for a day and climb the Flat Irons. It's a mildly challenging hike and the payoff is more than worth it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466181227618.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	634824

flickher

Want something 3D printed? PM me

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:38 AM   #9
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I saw a guy commit suicide within 20 minutes of landing last time I was in Denver. So, don't do that.
wtf happened?!!

can't go wrong with rock bottom cafe. great food and beer right downtown.

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #10
dvsntt

Quote:
Attachment 634824
Damn! I guess shouldn't be surprised, the suicide rate in Colorado is higher than car fatalities. http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-c...ities-colorado
Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #11
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Hookers and blow. What else is new when you travel to another state?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #12
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsntt View Post
Did you already book a hotel? If not, I recommend the Magnolia, they have free beer in the evening and free breakfast that is pretty good. It's really nice and great location downtown. My wife and stay there for special evenings and such.

If you want to try beer, it's the city for it. My favorite brewery is Strange Craft, they are phenomenal (HMU and I'll join you). You should probably also take a hike to red rocks amphitheater, and better to catch a show there.

Night-life; depends what you are looking for. Here is a map I made of some of my favorite places (and places I still need to try): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GK...iQ&usp=sharing
If you have any questions about specific cuisine, how to get around, etc.. Let me know.
Awesome man, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Quote:

Great Divide has some fantastic beer and the brewey tour is a lot of fun. Get some Oak Aged Yeti
Head to Boulder for a day and climb the Flat Irons. It's a mildly challenging hike and the payoff is more than worth it.
Attachment 634824
It's a work trip, but I will have my nights completely free, and I'll have a full saturday and sunday with no work.

I've heard I must go to redrocks no matter who is there... So I looked and the only non-sold out show is some house music DJs, soooo not sure if I'll actually go to a show, but will they just let you in to check the place out during the day with no show?

cow, I LOVE great divide's yeti will definitely make it there.

Quote:
Yessir... Cigar City really started it all, Tampa area ranked in the top 5 fastest growing craft brewery locations in the country.

Quote:

Attachment 634824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
wtf happened?!!

can't go wrong with rock bottom cafe. great food and beer right downtown.
Thanks, I'll try these out. Keep'm comin, I'll be referring back to this when the time comes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #13
MP0WER

Quote:

I second the Magnolia. Once i stayed there, i book it every time i'm in Denver. Cool building, great staff.

The first time we checked in we saw they had cookies at the front desk. We went upstairs, got cleaned up and went out for dinner. When we passed the front desk we saw all the cookies were gone. My wife asked them if they were going to put out more and they said they didn't have anymore. She looked sad and said she was looking forward to after dinner cookies.

When we got back to our room, there was a bucket of ice with 5 16oz bottles of milk. (skim, 2%, whole, 2% chocolate and whole chocolate) with a box of cookies from a local bakery. They sent someone out to the bakery to pick that stuff up for us.

We've stayed there 4 times now and every time is great.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by MP0WER; 06-17-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #14
MP0WER

Quote:
Yep.

You going to Duluth tomorrow? Looks like rain in the forecast. Wife is not happy about that.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #15
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Yep.

You going to Duluth tomorrow? Looks like rain in the forecast. Wife is not happy about that.
Nah, can't make it. I've been travelling for work the past two weeks and want to stay home this weekend. Gotta spend some time with the puppy. Are you going to go or just sending the wife?

Weather in Duluth changes every 10 minutes, it could very well be a beautiful day.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:21 PM   #16
MP0WER

Quote:
Nah, can't make it. I've been travelling for work the past two weeks and want to stay home this weekend. Gotta spend some time with the puppy. Are you going to go or just sending the wife?

Weather in Duluth changes every 10 minutes, it could very well be a beautiful day.
Nope, she got there yesterday. Good to know about the weather, it's like FL i guess. She's the least neurotic woman i know except when it comes to checking the weather on race day.

Boosted.... If you looking for pizza one night, check out Two Fisted Mario's just off of 16th street mall. (between 16th and 17th on Market) Good pie last time i was there.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #17
dvsntt

Yea, you can explore Red Rocks during the day when there is no concert happening. Get on the stage and stand where lots of famous musicians have performed.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #18
217Bimmer

I like going to baseball parks whenever i'm traveling. The rockies are a cheap ticket if they're playing.

Quote:
I always have to laugh when I see a thread described as "Not Work Safe." Is there anything on the OT forum that's really "work safe"? If I were your boss, I'd be mad if you spent any time on this forum at work at all. How is a picture of a naked girl any less work safe than, say, a picture of a matador getting gored in the *** by an angry bull? - VaderDave
Old 06-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #19
dvsntt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
I like going to baseball parks whenever i'm traveling. The rockies are a cheap ticket if they're playing.
Super cheap
Old 06-17-2016, 12:46 PM   #20
217Bimmer

Quote:
Super cheap
Last time I went a beer cost more than my ticket lol

Quote: