E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
What is it that Mom taught me as a little boy? Oh ya," if you don't have something nice to say than say nothing at all. Now after you say the same thing over and over its gets a little old and you should be prepared to get an answer. That's what Dad taught me

Now Marcus, I know his car is slow, for a Turbo car that is. I know this because I know what he has on it, with logo or without If your telling me that he beat you in a roll on race than that just tells me that you need driving lessons

As for this part, that you Marcus have on your car, this part will save members a lot of money by keeping their rear end in place. The HUGE LOGO on it is for weight savings and since its under the car and can't be seen it was the quickest and cheapest method we had to keep the cost of the part down, removing material and putting on our logo in one step, thats it.
Lol. What a douche of a vendor. You're like a sexy version of HPF Chris.

Last edited by B_Cyrus; 01-21-2013 at 05:45 PM.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Lol please explain im lost haha

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #23
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
This is true. Kenton gives everyone a hard time... and truth be told.. Kenton's car (dare I say it) might be one of the most dialed in Turbo S54's on the market. Yes its a HPF Stage 2.75 kit but he knows how to drive it and he has it dialed in. He was whooping everything at the Shift-S3ctor event.. even me .. I think of the 6 races we had he beat me 5 of those times. Wasn't until Ian and I fixed parts of my tune and dialed in the traction control that I FINALLY beat him.

Don't take his jab's personally .. its not your product vs whats on his car.. he just hates logos. Look at his engine bay, he's shaved every logo off it, including HPF's.

Edit: Kenton has also put more miles on his turbo s54 than anyone else.. period. I think he's driven it to/from canada a few times, to/from las vegas to my house a few times, etc.. he's dragged it (at least 10 passes) and he's tracked it hard.. on at least 3 or 4 occasions... maybe he's just insanely lucky but his car has been incredibly reliable.. and its been parked next to mine for quite some time and I've given people rides in mine and Kenton's and most people preferred his mainly because its just so clean and well put together. Hell even I would rather daily drive his then mine.. but that's because I've made some changes to mine that most find unbearable for street use.
Marcus, dont forget about me, ive done 6 round trips from tx to wa and 2 from tx to portland to then drive to bimmerfest in 08.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #24
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Your welcome! What you and Marcus are skipping over is that I drove his car at Mfest in Vegas to a 10.56@142, what exactly do you think needed fixing in the tune after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Thunder Buddy you crack me up man! I have to agree with the majority here though, Kenton has always been neutral and speaks his mind as most of us do.

You might have skipped over this part of Marcus's post.
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #25
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Here is Marcus's car after we fixed it. Looks like the traction control is working great to me Best part of the video is the front window sticker

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 01-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
you guys built a slow car. Congrats.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
What exactly do you think needed fixing in the tune after that?
Lots...but FSR would be able to tell you exactly all the settings they had to change to make it keep up with me and it wasn't just traction control.

Also he was running R-Comp R888's, in the better lane to get a couple car lengths vs my street tires...and there was a very skilled vette driver that took the blue beast out to see if it was driver related...needless to say it wasn't.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

TilhosTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #29
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Fair enough. So what you just said is that your "dialed in car" can run better than 10.56 correct? Also, you have said that if Marcus takes his car back out, after the changes that have been made, it will also run quicker than a 10.56 correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Lots...but FSR would be able to tell you exactly all the settings they had to change to make it keep up with me and it wasn't just traction control.

Also he was running R-Comp R888's, in the better lane to get a couple car lengths vs my street tires...and there was a very skilled vette driver that took the blue beast out to see if it was driver related...needless to say it wasn't.

Last edited by Saad @ Saad Racing; 01-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #30
Len013091

My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
So, what it looks like to me, is that this brace attaches to the diff, which then attaches to the factory sway bar mounting points? And this piece is solid, so it looks like to me that the mounts on the rear cover no longer have any function at all, correct?
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #31
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Fair enough. So what you just said is that your "dialed in car" can run better than 10.56 correct? Also, you have said that if Marcus takes his car back out, after the changes that have been made, it will also run quicker than a 10.56 correct?
What I said is what I said. I do not have my car setup for drag racing nor should anyone expect it to. I have far too much fun on the road course.

And I'm sure now that FSR properly setup the fuel tables to take advantage of higher ethanol content that it probably could do better than a 10.56 in full drag form...that being said his car is offline again because of an unknown issue possibly related to flywheel/crank. To be determined but hopefully nothing serious.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #32
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
My car was set in low octane mode and blending was turned off. My traction control was not on in vegas, ask Dallas's windshield when I lit those slicks up at 120mph on hiway 5 for a good 100ft. My tracition control was not dialed in for my tires, not a tune issue.. My boost by gear was not on. It was flat lined, we dialed in the boost by gear and with each pass we got better and better times, best 60-130 was about 5.6s our "as it left proefi" best was about 7.2. The car just simply needed some more road tuning. You should know saad (for the same reason you wouldn't take your 8s supra out for 'roll on racing') that my car as it left proefi was setup for drag.. Not a problem, that's something I planned on doing with it. We just needed to pull more OUT of it and enable the ethanol blending to get her to hook and wake up.

Ian was instrumental in assisting with that and spend a good few hours with me dialing it in. Kentons car makes 800rwhp, and it is fast. I've driven it, I've watched it run at the strip, at the track.. Sure it wasn't dialed in for dragging but the car makes the power and his 'traction control' when all variables are perfect (like on a runway) does well. Its not really traction control, we know that.. Its rate of accell.. But its dialed in well for his setup. I watched him take 800rwhp supras, vettes, gtrs, EVERYTHING to the cleaners at that airstrip. The only car that beat him was me and a twin turbo (I believe) ford gt and ME (once after we dialed it in).

I'm not biased, period.. I can't be bought and I'm in noones pocket. I get that pisses people off but you can always expect me to be straight forward and honest. And honestly.. And trust me.. I don't like chris/hpf after what happened.. But Kenton's car performs incredibly well. Period. I personally like my setup and enjoy the flex fuel and my motors an ox, no doubt.. But I'm not going to dismiss Kentons car.. Friends or not.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #33
Commanderwiggin

^ Couldn't have said it better myself...and once your beast gets more road tuning it will be even faster! Gotta give mad props to FSR...they were awesome to help dial it in with you. I can't wait to pull the trigger on a new ems and fuel system. Who knows mabe FSR will impress me when I go for a visit next month.

Now back on topic...diff braces...get your diff braces!

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 01-21-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Yes and no, its solid but the factory mounts are still helping to hold the rear in place. What make it so strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len013091 View Post
So, what it looks like to me, is that this brace attaches to the diff, which then attaches to the factory sway bar mounting points? And this piece is solid, so it looks like to me that the mounts on the rear cover no longer have any function at all, correct?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
My car when I received it from Jason was setup to run the 1/4 mile (which obviously it was very good at). It was not setup to be enjoyable on the streets. After Garth made adjustments and retuned it, it was a whole new car. Before I sold it, I ran a 5.61 60-130 and that was honestly without even trying. (If I had balls as big as Jake I would have done more runs, but I don't... so I didn't. )

No one is saying that you don't make quality parts or turn out fast cars, just that each person has different desires for their cars. Different strokes, different folks. Just like with the logos. First thing, I did when I received Jason's car was remove your logos. No offense but I wanted that car completely sleeper. It is nice to see you guys really out there pushing your product, but maybe back down the ego a notch and realize that you are dealing with many different individuals all with varying wants.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #36
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Not sure would depend on the rear end. I would think it would fit with some modification and you could upgrade to a M3 sway bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Well... this thread went south quickly...

Will the kit fit non-Ms? (besides the sway bar bushings obviously).
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
My car was set in low octane mode and blending was turned off. My traction control was not on in vegas, ask Dallas's windshield when I lit those slicks up at 120mph on hiway 5 for a good 100ft. My tracition control was not dialed in for my tires, not a tune issue.. My boost by gear was not on. It was flat lined, we dialed in the boost by gear and with each pass we got better and better times, best 60-130 was about 5.6s our "as it left proefi" best was about 7.2. The car just simply needed some more road tuning. You should know saad (for the same reason you wouldn't take your 8s supra out for 'roll on racing') that my car as it left proefi was setup for drag.. Not a problem, that's something I planned on doing with it. We just needed to pull more OUT of it and enable the ethanol blending to get her to hook and wake up.

Ian was instrumental in assisting with that and spend a good few hours with me dialing it in. Kentons car makes 800rwhp, and it is fast. I've driven it, I've watched it run at the strip, at the track.. Sure it wasn't dialed in for dragging but the car makes the power and his 'traction control' when all variables are perfect (like on a runway) does well. Its not really traction control, we know that.. Its rate of accell.. But its dialed in well for his setup. I watched him take 800rwhp supras, vettes, gtrs, EVERYTHING to the cleaners at that airstrip. The only car that beat him was me and a twin turbo (I believe) ford gt and ME (once after we dialed it in).

I'm not biased, period.. I can't be bought and I'm in noones pocket. I get that pisses people off but you can always expect me to be straight forward and honest. And honestly.. And trust me.. I don't like chris/hpf after what happened.. But Kenton's car performs incredibly well. Period. I personally like my setup and enjoy the flex fuel and my motors an ox, no doubt.. But I'm not going to dismiss Kentons car.. Friends or not.

Marcus,

you have an extraordinary / individual E46 M3.

keep up the good work.

E46 M3 Coupe Turbo 60-130 mph 4,2 seconds (2011)
Twin_Turbo_S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #38
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
What I said is what I said. I do not have my car setup for drag racing nor should anyone expect it to. I have far too much fun on the road course.

And I'm sure now that FSR properly setup the fuel tables to take advantage of higher ethanol content that it probably could do better than a 10.56 in full drag form...that being said his car is offline again because of an unknown issue possibly related to flywheel/crank. To be determined but hopefully nothing serious.
From Jason ....

"FSR helped with Marcus's car while they were ON THE PHONE with me! When using flex fuel on the ProEFI...there are a few ways to handle timing. You can put the timing numbers all in one table, and not use blending, or you can put pump gas numbers in the low octane mode, put high octane numbers in the high octane map, and have it automatically blend between the two. When using blending...the Octane State will ALWAYS say LOW Octane. That doesn't mean it has low octane timing numbers though, and it has NOTHING to do with fueling. If the fueling was wrong, the car wouldn't have run. They work together. I worked with Ian over the phone to get the boost to roll in (things that were not needed at the drag strip because we were using traction control and Mickey Thompson Dr's in it's place), and I helped him fine tune the TC for the street tires. The only reason Marcus's car wasn't faster from the first hit is because it was making too much power everywhere....we had to pull out a GRIP of it to get the tires to hook! Once enough power was pulled from the car, it went faster than Kenton's car."

Do you really think that Jason doesn't know what he is doing?? Can we move on to the original topic PLEASE?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #39
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
From Jason ....
Do you really think that Jason doesn't know what he is doing?? Can we move on to the original topic PLEASE?
I think this is a SAAD day for your reading comprehension...read my last post in regards to moving on to the original topic...and then read what Charlie and Marcus wrote...says everything. And I'm glad Jason works with his customers/vendors to set their cars up properly...it's his job. Not sure why you keep getting so hot under the collar...I asked Jim a simple question, if I could get a diff brace without a logo...and I got the answer and now you are taking this too far so stop it.

What respect I had for you as a racer has pretty much gone out the door from the way you've carried yourself in here...you're no better than the keyboard trolls you've come to hate over the years. We ate dinner, we laughed, we talked...and now you're acting like a crybaby on the forums...(mommy someone doesn't like my logo)...grow up and make some fast cars.

Jim you're still a great guy, thank you for answering my question accordingly like a professional.

Now again...lets get back to diff braces for the love of Jesus!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #40
MarcusLSB

My Ride: X5, CT200h, CLK63 BS
Quote:
From Jason ....

"FSR helped with Marcus's car while they were ON THE PHONE with me! When using flex fuel on the ProEFI...there are a few ways to handle timing. You can put the timing numbers all in one table, and not use blending, or you can put pump gas numbers in the low octane mode, put high octane numbers in the high octane map, and have it automatically blend between the two. When using blending...the Octane State will ALWAYS say LOW Octane. That doesn't mean it has low octane timing numbers though, and it has NOTHING to do with fueling. If the fueling was wrong, the car wouldn't have run. They work together. I worked with Ian over the phone to get the boost to roll in (things that were not needed at the drag strip because we were using traction control and Mickey Thompson Dr's in it's place), and I helped him fine tune the TC for the street tires. The only reason Marcus's car wasn't faster from the first hit is because it was making too much power everywhere....we had to pull out a GRIP of it to get the tires to hook! Once enough power was pulled from the car, it went faster than Kenton's car."

That's exactly what I said. Kentons car was faster until we dialed it in. When I say dialed it in I'm speaking broadly.. We dialed it in, shaved 2 seconds off the 60-130 and in the end we were faster than Kenton. My car makes more power than Kentons, there is no denying that and neither Kenton nor myself said otherwise.

I knew Ian was on the phone w/Jason. We were standing together or in the car together while he was discussing it. Kenton was also standing right next to me.

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Everyone calm down!

On topic:
Now the bracket works, my car has always been on the stock/original two piece driveshaft (up until know when I replaced it after trying to diagnose a different issue). However if you have a aftermarket sway bar you may find that if its a larger one like my ground control it might squeek and bind a bit. But removing and installing the bracket only takes a few minutes.
MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote