E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
bmoss234

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328CI
Horrible Khoalty Experience

Just about a week ago i had place a $325 order from khoalty. This included kidney grills, front led corner lights, led sidemarkers, led tail lights. Everything was great expect for the corner lights. I had installed them as per the instructions provided and then just yesterday both of the fell out on the
freeway.

So i decided to see if they would work with me a little maybe even just a partial refund or a discount on the next set i was going to purchase from them since all i needed was the lens and the light socket, didnt need ballasts or wiring.

So first i emailed them through there website and get this response from kevin "We can't refund your give you another pair since they were delivered and you had them in your hands. When you install them and what happens after that isn't our responsibility." I understand that they have no way of telling the installation process, but i had replied back to this email explaining they were installed correctly and i had checked to make sure there was no obstruction and that the guides were lined up correctly. So a few hours a later i get this response which i found to be very condescending and disrespectful "How is it our fault that the corners fell out? I don't understand how that is our fault when we didn't install them for you or did anything to touch you car."

So then i went back on there website and had notice that the live chat option was available, so i thought that would be the best and fastest way of getting my issue resolved. I had chatted with dean and explained this issue at hand. He said that since i had installed it on my car there was nothing they could do and that they have never had this issue before. Since i have experience in a BMW dealership i thought i would relate the issue to something that you might see in a dealership. So i had replied that "if a customer comes in with a car and it is a problem that nobody in your dealership has ever seen, you dont just say we cant fix it sorry".

He shunned off that analogy and moved on to that if a bumper is bought and it falls off after installation and they have never had that issue then the only thing that could be at fault is installation. Which could be true but when you throw out statements like that you dig yourself into a whole, clips and fasteners can become brittle and brake. Which i believe is what happened in my situation.

So then i had brought up if a new bmw comes into a dealership with a headlight that fell out, that headlight is replaced with no questions asked because it is BMWs best interest to keep customers for long periods of time and keep them happy. I had shared that i would hope that a BMW aftermarket parts supplier would hold to that same philosophy.

After that i had asked if i could get a discount for a replacement set since i didnt need all the components. To which he replied that that could not happen because they already sell them for the cheapest price. I had said that was untrue and proved him wrong by showing him vendors on ebay. Granted they are not on the same level but they are vendors none the less. To which he replied "well brandon it looks like there are great deals for you out on ebay." "next time you go to install corner lights make sure they are properly installed by pressing on them."

After that comment i was pretty much done i felt very disrespected and i felt that the conversation no longer needed to go on. I had told him that he has now lost a customer for life and i will no longer buy from Khoalty again.

So that is my story i meant to get pictures of the chat window but i had closed the chat window and right after that i had mentally kicked myself for doing so. Thats my rant, i hope you guys never have to go through this sort of experience but i thought it should be known.

Thanks,
Brandon

Last edited by bmoss234; 01-21-2013 at 01:23 AM.
bmoss234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Brandon,

As I stated, I am sorry for the way this situation ended up for you, but I can assure you that there had to have been a mistake while installing. If you would have noticed any issues with the corner lights before you installed them such as a crack, or they are not the right ones for your car, or they weren't locking into place as they should (or screwing in for screw-in types), we would have swapped them out no questions asked, but once products are installed there really isn't much we can do in most cases. For example, if a customer installs tail lights but over torques a nut or two, and ends up cracking something or the mounting point breaks due to this, we can't swap them out. But if a customer receives the tails, notices the mounting point is damaged in any way, we would swap them out as that is not the product we promised they would receive on the site.

We stand behind our products, we offer warrantys and ship replacements and ballasts out to people when needed, we ship out products free of charge if we make warehouse mistakes, we send bulb replacements if the arrive DOA or fail in a year, but we can't replace corner lights that had 'fallen out' when it's never happened before. Now, if DEPO LED corners had a known issue, where they were falling out left and right for customers, we would replace them and also remove them from our site until DEPO had resolved the issue, as we did with our previous generation angel eyes. Your BMW comparison isn't really too close to this situation, although I do understand what you're trying to say. If installed properly, the corner lights don't just fall out, especially after a day of being installed.

You brought pricing up in the chat, which we don't part out sets of items so can't really discount, and looking at all the supporting vendors of this forum, we have the best price. Then you brought up ebay and found resellers there, which we don't price match, into the conversation. I didn't really understand what this had to do with the situation we were discussing, but if you found a better deal elsewhere and trust eBay sellers, I have no issues with that, which is why I said hey, if you found a good deal take it, I didn't think this would upset you as I didn't understand what point you were trying to make in regards to price. We can't part out pieces for a discount as they are bought from DEPO directly as a set and sold as a set, same with tails, corners, grilles, and anything else sold as a pair or complete set.

Figuring you were going to buy another pair, and from an ebay reseller, I recommended to verify your install this time around, and to push on them once installed from the front and make sure they are fully secured and are not loose or shake when pushing on them. If they aren't secured properly, they will eventually fall out, and in all honesty I'd rather not have you go through that again, no matter what you end up buying or from who. You seem upset by this, which isn't my intention at all.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote