E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #41
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Oh and I would just like to say as a responsible gun owner all of my firearms are locked away in a steel gun cabinet not loosely stored throughout the house.
Responsible Gun Owner doesn't have to equal "locked up"

and steel safe? I could cut through that in 1 min. Responsible... psssh

We call "steel" safes.... "steal" safes
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #42
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Responsible Gun Owner doesn't have to equal "locked up"

and steel safe? I could cut through that in 1 min. Responsible... psssh

We call "steel" safes.... "steal" safes
It's a deterrent not a fail-safe solution. Besides all my guns have trigger locks on them as well with some having cable locks through the chambers in addition. The keys as well as the ammunition are stored in a thicker hard to cut through safe. I'd like to see you cut through a safe in less than a minute for sh!ts and giggles. The steel is not the flimsy or thin gauge you're probably thinking of. It can be broken into but it would take some time to go through all the safety mechanisms in place.
__________________
Quote:
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
GreekLSBm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 1,053
My Ride: drops panties
Send a message via AIM to GreekLSBm3
jon jon, the master of devils advocate <3
__________________
360 Gamertag - GreekM3
GreekLSBm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #44
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
It's a deterrent not a fail-safe solution. Besides all my guns have trigger locks on them as well with some having cable locks through the chambers in addition. The keys as well as the ammunition are stored in a thicker hard to cut through safe. I'd like to see you cut through a safe in less than a minute for sh!ts and giggles. The steel is not the flimsy or thin gauge you're probably thinking of. It can be broken into but it would take some time to go through all the safety mechanisms in place.
Why not just bury them in concrete? I'm going to assume you don't own firearms for self defense, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekLSBm3 View Post
jon jon, the master of devils advocate <3
If you're only looking at something from one side, you're doing it wrong
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #45
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 526
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
If you're only looking at something from one side, you're doing it wrong
how often have you tried to see the other side?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #46
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
how often have you tried to see the other side?
I'm open to all of them, just usually am not presented with a good enough argument to change my position
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #47
serdar255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,188
My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
kill him... bottom line if you have a gun you should have a safe.
__________________

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #48
GreekLSBm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 1,053
My Ride: drops panties
Send a message via AIM to GreekLSBm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I'm open to all of them, just usually am not presented with a good enough argument to change my position
i love playing the role of devils advocate, makes for good discussion.
__________________
360 Gamertag - GreekM3
GreekLSBm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #49
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 525
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
kill him... bottom line if you have a gun and have kids you should have a safe.
I fixed it for you
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
serdar255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,188
My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
I fixed it for you
I see what you mean, but if someone broke in and you were not around you wouldn't want them with your guns.
__________________

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #51
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 525
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
I see what you mean, but if someone broke in and you were not around you wouldn't want them with your guns.
god that would be awful
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #52
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar255 View Post
I see what you mean, but if someone broke in and you were not around you wouldn't want them with your guns.
I'd sleep perfectly fine at night if it were me.
I don't absorb guilt for other people's criminal actions

I either wear them or store them securely but if someone wants it, they're gonna get it.
I don't put fault on those that choose not to secure them if their handling is otherwise safe.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #53
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 525
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I'd sleep perfectly fine at night if it were me.
I don't absorb guilt for other people's criminal actions

I either wear them or store them securely but if someone wants it, they're gonna get it.
I don't put fault on those that choose not to secure them if their handling is otherwise safe.
You would sleep perfectly knowing some criminal is selling your firearms to other criminals and doing god knows what with them. I am not comfortable with that idea.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 01-22-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #54
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
You would sleep perfectly knowing some criminal is selling your firearms to other criminals and doing god knows what with them. I am not comfortable with that idea.
Like a baby. I don't blame victims
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 525
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Like a baby. I don't blame victims
you don't make any sense
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 01-22-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #56
serdar255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,188
My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Idk I'd feel like awful hearing about someone getting shot and thinking that it may have been my gun.
__________________

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #57
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,478
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
you don't make any sense
If you locked your gun up in a safe and someone drilled out the bolts like Oceans 11, stole the gun, would you feel better about it?

My home is my home, everything in it is mine. Whether I lock it in 10 safes or leave it on my kitchen table, someone breaking into my house and getting it consumes no guilt of mine

If theres 3rd party guilt to be felt, give it to parole boards for releasing repeat offenders into society or prosecutors for giving deals to animals
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-22-2013 at 05:11 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #58
tks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Online
Posts: 804
My Ride: slower than yours
They should just do what Chris Rock said and make bullets cost $5,000 each.
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #59
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 525
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
If you locked your gun up in a safe and someone drilled out the bolts like Oceans 11, stole the gun, would you feel better about it?

My home is my home, everything in it is mine. Whether I lock it in 10 safes or leave it on my kitchen table, someone breaking into my house and getting it consumes no guilt of mine

If theres 3rd party guilt to be felt, give it to parole boards for releasing repeat offenders into society or prosecutors for giving deals to animals
you don't get it. Never mind.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #60
nardog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sacramento/Bay area, Ca
Posts: 60
My Ride: e34, totaled e46
The gun made him do it. Those manipulative fvcks..
__________________
nardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use