E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #21
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
You know I would really like to drop in an M70 with like 2 1/2 turbos. And to make sure my sub frame does not fail on me, I am going to use an entire rear sub frame assembly from a Ram 1500 pick up truck. Anyone done this before? I need a DIY write up like now.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbound View Post
Not accurate. Several others have done complete sedan-S54 builds - of note, MITE46 and Cyberkaa. Rogue also did a touring-S54 build.
Are you saying that my post was not accurate? MITE46 was a sick build as well, however it wasn't a completely OEM like transformation. He had a facelift coupe front end, and with all due respect to him, the conversion that JeppeJ is 2nd to none, not even close...
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Are you saying that my post was not accurate? MITE46 was a sick build as well, however it wasn't a completely OEM like transformation. He had a facelift coupe front end, and with all due respect to him, the conversion that JeppeJ is 2nd to none, not even close...
Agreed! JeppeJ's build is pretty much what I would have envisioned coming out from the BMW factory.....I haven't seen anyone's come as close to his but there have been other very good builds though.
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 01-23-2013 at 05:10 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #24
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
There are two types of people who want to do M3 conversions:
1) Capable people who want something that doesn't exist like an E46 M3 sedan or wagon.
2) People whose parents bought them a 323, but what they really want is an M3 because it's totally bad arse and all the kids at high school will be like damn yo is that an m3 you must be balling lol yolo
oh really, is that your expert opinion on this topic having been on the forum for a few years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
Please, MITE46 was one of the first of this project. Add that he didn't own a shop and did this himself makes him a pioneer. To top it off, it was done some 4 years before JeppeJ. Not saying JeppeJ's conversion wasn't great. Just the way had been paved already and issues and unknowns disclosed and documented in steps.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #25
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeamer00 View Post
I want to convert my 323i sedan to an m3 and i want to know all the steps and things i need to do. I would really appreciatr it if somebody could get me answers. And the price for total thank you
If you were real serious you could ship car out to Impressive Auto in NY. They do the full M3 engine and transmissions swaps.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #26
metal massager

My Ride: frankenbi///Mmer
I'm in my one of a kind touring for about $14000 total. Followed JeppeJ thread closely to make it look like a bone stock ///M3t (with wheels and a drop)(no m logos). I still havent swapped motor/ trans and havent started interior yet. To be done is m seats, steering wheel, alcantara headliner and door inserts. I scored DEALS on the OEM m3 parts, did all the fab myself with the help of a few friends, and called in big favors for body and paintwork paint. I do have a flawless one of a kind car that I will keep and love much longer than i would an ///M3 because it is so different.

FYI, it appears I'm type 1. Haha

Last edited by metal massager; 01-24-2013 at 12:41 AM.
metal massager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #27
cvx5832

My Ride: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300
My experience on this board is that about 1% actually deliver on an M3 conversion, if that. Kudos to the ones who do. And the ones who make/complete the journey immerse themselves in the project way before they fire off their first questions, as opposed to a clueless approach of "where do I begin?" or "is there a DIY for this?". No offense OP, and I will be the first to eat humble pie if you prove me wrong.

I followed Cyberkaa's and MITE46's builds. And my memory might be foggy, but I think it was MITE46 who did the project while going to school? Impressive if I am remembering that correctly.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #28
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
it's always a 323
You beat me to it.

While we are on the subject of delusional 323 owners:
What ever happened to the guy from NYC that was bragging about doing this a few months ago? I don't recall seeing him on here lately. I seem to remember that he was going to "show all the haters how it is done".

There was also the 323 owner who decided that everyone who added a turbo to their 323 was doing it wrong, and that he was going to get into the code, and crank out 500-600 HP from his. He just needed someone to explain the code to him. I believe he also went off on a tangent about building a titanium block, head, and pistons. I guess he has been busy in the machine shop.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:05 AM   #29
MJLavelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
My experience on this board is that about 1% actually deliver on an M3 conversion, if that. Kudos to the ones who do. And the ones who make/complete the journey immerse themselves in the project way before they fire off their first questions, as opposed to a clueless approach of "where do I begin?" or "is there a DIY for this?". No offense OP, and I will be the first to eat humble pie if you prove me wrong.

I followed Cyberkaa's and MITE46's builds. And my memory might be foggy, but I think it was MITE46 who did the project while going to school? Impressive if I am remembering that correctly.
I saw his web site. That guy was a genius though. And he was not just going to school, he was going to MIT. I believe his build website is still up.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #30
MJLavelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeamer00 View Post
I want to convert my 323i sedan to an m3 and i want to know all the steps and things i need to do. I would really appreciatr it if somebody could get me answers. And the price for total thank you
You want us to place all the orders for the parts, and come give you a kick in the a$$ to get you moving every morning too?
Try at least looking up some of this on your own. Why should we do all the work for your delusions? We don't get paid to do this, you know. It is more like we try to help those who have actually tried to do something, and get stuck.
I can predict how this will end too. You will tell us how you are going to show all us haters how wrong we were, and then disappear.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #31
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
it is scary expensive even doing 90% of the work yourself
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #32
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
it is scary expensive even doing 90% of the work yourself
This and will take time and lots of money!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #33
erod225

My Ride: 2003 M3XI
I will advise & share my experience to my swap, do what makes you feel happy. Having an E46 m3 sedan is truly far and few, stay away from impressive. Pm me for more info...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal massager View Post
I'm in my one of a kind touring for about $14000 total. Followed JeppeJ thread closely to make it look like a bone stock ///M3t (with wheels and a drop)(no m logos). I still havent swapped motor/ trans and havent started interior yet. To be done is m seats, steering wheel, alcantara headliner and door inserts. I scored DEALS on the OEM m3 parts, did all the fab myself with the help of a few friends, and called in big favors for body and paintwork paint. I do have a flawless one of a kind car that I will keep and love much longer than i would an ///M3 because it is so different.

FYI, it appears I'm type 1. Haha
Yes you are. And your car looks awesome. Those capable both financially and knowledge wise don't start off by asking for a DIY. They just do it.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #35
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post

Please, MITE46 was one of the first of this project. Add that he didn't own a shop and did this himself makes him a pioneer. To top it off, it was done some 4 years before JeppeJ. Not saying JeppeJ's conversion wasn't great. Just the way had been paved already and issues and unknowns disclosed and documented in steps.
watch your mouth young man...

MITE46's conversion was amazing, i will say that, but i was speaking in regards to how "OEM" the conversion is... JeppeJ is pretty much an OEM sedan
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #36
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #37
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
As my Mother would say, "Just put it up on a lift and drive a new one underneath it".
tcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
325xiSLEEPER

My Ride: BMW 325xi
instead of hating on someone guide him threw it. where all e46 fans the hatings gotta stop. its rediculous
325xiSLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
I wanna hit you so hard right now...
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #40
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xiSLEEPER View Post
instead of hating on someone guide him threw it. where all e46 fans the hatings gotta stop. its rediculous
Says the new guy on the playground....

Tags
m3