E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
The official who have you trained with thread

Like it says, who have you/do you train with? It doesn't need to be an a list celebrity, but lets keep your random uncle Jerry outta this . Sport doesn't matter. Post up pics too.

As some of you know, i usually train with Brock Cunico once or twice a week. He's the main poster boy for optimum nutrition and kind of a legend to the meatheads around here (the first time you see this guy at the gym, you're basically speechless, at least i was). He's a great guy. We don't exactly "train together" but we'll bs in the locker room before we hit the floor and bs a bit when we're both taking a break on sets.

Possibly why i feel small and outta shape lol. He's a really encouraging, relaxed guy though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1387648794644.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	539546   Click image for larger version

Name:	1387648819145.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	539547   Click image for larger version

Name:	1387648834758.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	539548   Click image for larger version

Name:	1387648856763.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	539549  

Last edited by Trashcan; 12-21-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
I trained with Melvin Anthony back when I was a personal trainer at 24HR Fitness. His brother Steven and I worked together, so Melvin would come in from time to time. I've also trained with Erik Bui on occasion (..he dated a friend of mine back in my trainer days).

....Now I train with hungry teenagers and young twenty-somethings who need motivation to get bigger. On most days I prefer to train alone though.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
DylloS

My Ride: nothing

Soooo he's your source. Haha I'm jk. I train with no one exciting.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I'm a lone wolf in the gym. Would rather keep it that way, except for chest days it's nice to have a spotter.
z00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Trashcan

Re: The official who have you trained with thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Soooo he's your source. Haha I'm jk. I train with no one exciting.

Lol! He claims to be all natural and lifetime drug free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I'm a lone wolf in the gym. Would rather keep it that way, except for chest days it's nice to have a spotter.
80% of the time i train alone. I normally prefer that, but i spend so much time in the gym it's refreshing to occasionally have someone to bs with there on my down time.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: ...a stairclimber!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Lol! He claims to be all natural and lifetime drug free.

All of those pros claim that, and all of them are lying through their teeth.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i

No one that would interest anyone here (lots and lots of UFC/ex UFC fighters). A couple lower tier NFL players. But, professional athletes none the less. I'm a firm believer in if you train with average people you'll gain average results.
Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Never trained with him, but I've been around Evan Centopani at my gym a few times before... Dude is just massive.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
Trashcan

Re: The official who have you trained with thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
No one that would interest anyone here (lots and lots of UFC/ex UFC fighters). A couple lower tier NFL players. But, professional athletes none the less. I'm a firm believer in if you train with average people you'll gain average results.
I don't agree with that. I think for the average person that can be true, but if you want to be great you need to be able to find the motivation inside yourself no matter the circumstance.

Example: 5 days a week i train by myself at a ymca that's 90% retired elderly people that slowly pedal on bikes in hopes of not dying tomorrow night while they sleep. I'm looked at very strangely by the vast majority of people there and i think they're starting to get annoyed of my weight clanging and grunting lol. But i still find it inside myself every day to give it everything and lift heavy before i go work my 13 hour shift. But as we know I'm kinda a freak
Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I don't agree with that. I think for the average person that can be true, but if you want to be great you need to be able to find the motivation inside yourself no matter the circumstance.

Example: 5 days a week i train by myself at a ymca that's 90% retired elderly people that slowly pedal on bikes in hopes of not dying tomorrow night while they sleep. I'm looked at very strangely by the vast majority of people there and i think they're starting to get annoyed of my weight clanging and grunting lol. But i still find it inside myself every day to give it everything and lift heavy before i go work my 13 hour shift. But as we know I'm kinda a freak
You're still a newb... So ya, of course you're gonna still be highly motivated and making great gains. Trust me dude, I've been there. I've put on 20-30lbs in a year and done it for several years in a row. I did it by myself. Things WILL slow down. Ask any experienced bodybuilder or strength athlete. They consider it a good year if they add 3-4lbs of muscle or add a few lbs to their main lifts. Once you get to that point, you must train with ppl that are better then you. Otherwise you're a big fish in a small pond.

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
ive helped a couple pro baseball guys get in shape. They asked for my help right before/after they were drafted. so not usually a month before spring training they come back and go hard for 4-6 weeks. Should have a couple starting this week/next
Old 12-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
i'm interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote