E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Anyone have experience w/ Pagid S Brake Pads?

I've looked around and haven't seen any reviews for the Pagid S/Blue brake pads on the e46. I read a few Porsche guys have them and like them but the reviews didn't say much beyond that.

I had Pagid Reds from BavAuto on the front for a bit, but they were garbage - faded far too easily and squealed so I'm hesitant to try anything Pagid again. These, if I chose to get them, would go on the rear. I'm getting StopTech ST40s on the front in a little bit, so I want something a bit more aggressive, yet streetable on the rear to help balance out to the brake bias.

Last edited by briangl92; 11-14-2013 at 08:47 PM.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Tangent_

My Ride: '01 330i
Re: Anyone have experience w/ Pagid S Brake Pads?

All I know about Pagid is that when I talked to somebody at Turner Motorsport about brake pads he mentioned that Pagids tend to outgas and work better with slotted rotors... He recommended the Stoptech for street and some track use.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
briangl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent_ View Post
All I know about Pagid is that when I talked to somebody at Turner Motorsport about brake pads he mentioned that Pagids tend to outgas and work better with slotted rotors... He recommended the Stoptech for street and some track use.

Interesting...do you know if that's for these pads or for Pagid in general? I was looking on TMS' site and they recommend them for street with very mild tracking.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Tangent_

My Ride: '01 330i
Re: Anyone have experience w/ Pagid S Brake Pads?

It seemed to be a Pagid thing, but I really don't know for sure if he just meant the ones they listed or all of them in general...

Old 11-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
briangl92

Anyone have experience w/ Pagid S Brake Pads?

I think I'm going to go with Stoptech Street Performance. We already use Centric Fleet Performance pads on our Sequoia, which I've been told by a friend that works for Centric, is the same compound. They're less than half the price and will match the pads for the ST40s.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by briangl92; 11-15-2013 at 08:47 PM.