E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
mintimperial

My Ride: 2003 530i Sport
Yep, /mnt/sdcard is showing empty and non read/write.... I can write fine to mnt/ext_sd/

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Ill try the same thing on the other units i have.
mintimperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #42
mintimperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintimperial View Post
Yep, /mnt/sdcard is showing empty and non read/write.... I can write fine to mnt/ext_sd/

Is this a hardware or software issue?

Ill try the same thing on the other units i have.
Yup, it was just that one unit....the internal sdcard will not mount.

other units are fine and what a surprise, tomtom works great.

any way i can reformat /mnt/sdcard/ without it being mounted. Even a system default reset wont wipe it as it compins about "unknown state" of the internal sd.

Last edited by mintimperial; 01-29-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #43
PainBreak

My Ride: 2004 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintimperial View Post
Yup, it was just that one unit....the internal sdcard will not mount.

other units are fine and what a surprise, tomtom works great.
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to grab any screenshots of my filesystem yesterday, but I'll do that on my lunch break and get them to you. I do think it can be fixed, I think it's just a screwed partition that needs to be formatted manually.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #44
mintimperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to grab any screenshots of my filesystem yesterday, but I'll do that on my lunch break and get them to you. I do think it can be fixed, I think it's just a screwed partition that needs to be formatted manually.
Agreed, dont worry about the screenshot, i have 4 of these still here and just booted another one to see. /mnt/sdcard shows up and reads fine on the second one ive tried...it seems to be corrupted on the first unit.

Last edited by mintimperial; 01-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #45
HighxTech

My Ride: 2002 330i
How do you wire the backup camera so it switches automatically? Mine is wired to reverse lights and plugged into aux in
HighxTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #46
PainBreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighxTech View Post
How do you wire the backup camera so it switches automatically? Mine is wired to reverse lights and plugged into aux in
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gbz8v4#t=2m40s
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #47
HighxTech

Hm.. i spliced the two pinks together and still get nothing... Does the rca go into the brown connector or the aux in?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #48
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD
Hello all,

One remaining annoying issue is that Igo does not save the settings, I had read some time ago that the sdcard would not allow write but only read, with the root can we solve this ?

Also what can we do so that ALL apps are allowed to be installed and that we don't have the "your device is not compatible" message, one good exampole is dropbox which cannot be installed.

Thanks
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #49
PainBreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchuillier View Post
Hello all,

One remaining annoying issue is that Igo does not save the settings, I had read some time ago that the sdcard would not allow write but only read, with the root can we solve this ?

Also what can we do so that ALL apps are allowed to be installed and that we don't have the "your device is not compatible" message, one good exampole is dropbox which cannot be installed.

Thanks
Issue #1, I would recommend a reinstall of iGo. Mine has always saved the settings just fine. Just that, after saving the settings for the first time, if your DPI isn't set to 145, it refuses to run. There has to be an issue with your installation, I think.

Issue #2, that's something that needs ironed out. It's a simple change in the build.prop file, so that your device looks like something more popular to the Google Play store. To get around it, I just find the actual .apk files (I pull them off of my phone), and install them. After that, they update just fine on the radio.

You could try Market Enabler: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/

I haven't tried that yet.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #50
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Hm.. i spliced the two pinks together and still get nothing... Does the rca go into the brown connector or the aux in?
dont splice the two pink wires,just use the one coming out of the radio side of the harness and use the brown rca input, they call it "back sight in" in chinglish,this is working for me and should work for you if everything else is wired correctly
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #51
HighxTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
dont splice the two pink wires,just use the one coming out of the radio side of the harness and use the brown rca input, they call it "back sight in" in chinglish,this is working for me and should work for you if everything else is wired correctly
Where does the pink wire go to?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #52
jchuillier

My Ride: 330CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainBreak View Post
Issue #1, I would recommend a reinstall of iGo. Mine has always saved the settings just fine. Just that, after saving the settings for the first time, if your DPI isn't set to 145, it refuses to run. There has to be an issue with your installation, I think.

Issue #2, that's something that needs ironed out. It's a simple change in the build.prop file, so that your device looks like something more popular to the Google Play store. To get around it, I just find the actual .apk files (I pull them off of my phone), and install them. After that, they update just fine on the radio.

You could try Market Enabler: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/

I haven't tried that yet.
I'll try the reinstall of Igo but it came installed on enco's card....I've switched to 120DPI because in 145 the apps in the top row of the screen were halfway off the screen, I have to change the launcher anyway

Thanks for the tip on the apk's I have a workaround for that

Dropbox cannot be installed on the phone BUT in Es explorer you can configure a dropbox network mount, so i'll find the apk's on the phone, send them to dropbox and then get them on the enco with Es explorer and install them from there...

I have a little problem with superuser which is working but not all the time, I'll try to reinstall or perhaps try SUmanager....
jchuillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #53
asdetail

Quote:
Where does the pink wire go to?
canbus
Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #54
HighxTech

Quote:
canbus
What?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #55
asdetail

check out this:Click image for larger version

Name:	canbus (711x1280) (2).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	489045 note the two wires marked "3",i only used the pink wire that comes from the h/u,not the one that goes to the canbus adaptor harness
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #56
HighxTech

Quote:
check out this:Attachment 489045 note the two wires marked "3",i only used the pink wire that comes from the h/u,not the one that goes to the canbus adaptor harness
So where on the can bus does that wire go to? And I assume the yellow rca goes to the brown connector
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #57
Kripas

My Ride: 04 325ci convertible
Quote:
So where on the can bus does that wire go to? And I assume the yellow rca goes to the brown connector
I would follow what his talking about before asking again.
Kripas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #58
HighxTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kripas View Post
I would follow what his talking about before asking again.
Sorry not the can bus. Basically you use the hu pink white but what does it connect to specifically? Sorry for asking so much this stuff cokes naturally to me I'm surprised I haven't got this yet
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #59
HighxTech

OK sorry for all the posts, I figured it out.

The yellow rca goes to the brown input. I wired all the wires (including the license plate light cause I was dumb) to the reverse lights. So the led and the camera only come on when Im in reverse

I spliced the two pinks together (which didn't do anything) so I added a wire that goes from the pink (after they're spliced together) to a blue with yellow stripe I located behind the fuse box in the glove compartment. All is good now. Thanks for the support and patience
Old 02-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
Kripas

My Ride: 04 325ci convertible
Quote:
OK sorry for all the posts, I figured it out.

The yellow rca goes to the brown input. I wired all the wires (including the license plate light cause I was dumb) to the reverse lights. So the led and the camera only come on when Im in reverse

I spliced the two pinks together (which didn't do anything) so I added a wire that goes from the pink (after they're spliced together) to a blue with yellow stripe I located behind the fuse box in the glove compartment. All is good now. Thanks for the support and patience
Glad your able to resolved your camera issue.
Kripas is offline   Reply With Quote