E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #61
TannerT

My Ride: E46
This thread was meerly made to inform potential buyers.. no need to blow it up.
TannerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #62
lcoleman

My Ride: '79 Massey Ferguson
That's intense. Don't act like you didn't start this thread to not get responses, lol

I can't say I would send someone to jail for that, but I can't say I wouldn't, either. I sold my turbo setup online (via Paypal) and luckily (knock on wood) there were no issues. Sucks you got screwed, but sucks even worse for him.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #63
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Your bank will refund you in full and you're asking the judge to have him refund the money as well?
mtnbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #64
TannerT

No, if I get refunded by the judge I will have to pay that back to the bank.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #65
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2014 Subaru XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerT View Post
This thread was meerly made to inform potential buyers.. no need to blow it up.
By all means, do blow it up! This should have never happened! There is nothing wrong with good honest justice. How could anyone justify not taking the steps you've taken. There is no excuse for what happened to you.
HacksawMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #66
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Wow, what a dutch bag.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #67
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Wow, this guy was honestly a good seller with me in the past.

Even seemed like a reasonable person over text. Genuinely surprised.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #68
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Wow, this guy was honestly a good seller with me in the past.

Even seemed like a reasonable person over text. Genuinely surprised.
Something must have happened to him or his family to cause him to do this. Doesn't excuse him from doing what he did. He deserves whatever happens to him.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #69
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Wow. If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me. I remember waaaay back when he posted a super duper blurry crappy photo of some ghetto looking e46 and was asking dumb questions. I had a bad feeling right away. Then the other day when he was saying he owned a shop but then when I looked at his post history, he did not know what a jack pad was.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #70
HacksawMark
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Wow. If this is true, it wouldn't surprise me. I remember waaaay back when he posted a super duper blurry crappy photo of some ghetto looking e46 and was asking dumb questions. I had a bad feeling right away. Then the other day when he was saying he owned a shop but then when I looked at his post history, he did not know what a jack pad was.
Probably before he discovered Google....:banghead:
Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #71
TannerT

He admitted to me that what he did was wrong and apologized. Basically he needed some cash fast but still does not forgive what he did.

Sent from my IdeaTab A2107A-F using Bimmer App
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #72
itscoo2pyopants

My Ride: E53 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to itscoo2pyopants
Can't wait to see u guys on judge Judy ... Glad u got your money back, sucks you had to to thru all that bs
Old 02-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #73
college46

My Ride: Alpine White
not one thing op has said on this forum was slander, thats all of us.

Being read your rights is pretty standard, ask me how i know?

The evidence is payments in paypal are provable.

Their was an implied transactional agreement.

He shipped him an empty box.

Judge Judy - would say "why are you wasting my time, Defendant is ordered fully refund this gentlemen's money."

He has the emails proving Bwallace530's intent then coming clean, seems pretty open and shut. I too can't wait to see this on tv.

GL
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #74
Cali330
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by college46 View Post
not one thing op has said on this forum was slander, thats all of us.

Being read your rights is pretty standard, ask me how i know?

The evidence is payments in paypal are provable.

Their was an implied transactional agreement.

He shipped him an empty box.

Judge Judy - would say "why are you wasting my time, Defendant is ordered fully refund this gentlemen's money."

He has the emails proving Bwallace530's intent then coming clean, seems pretty open and shut. I too can't wait to see this on tv.

GL
I asked if he was read his rights.

But he said payments were sent as a gift which in turn is not a binding agreement? If they were sent with Paypal gift was there a message wrote underneath each gift sent?

I can see a transaction with them talking but when reading threw the thread bwallave530 also posted a quote from tannert saying that he sent the payments on his own will and bwallace530 was not at fault.

From what I can see he sent a gift payment with nothing attached. Bwallace530 in turn sent a gift box to tannert.

But from the point of looking where the money came from and how it was paid. It was paid as a gift not as a transaction meaning when he sent a gift payment to bwallace530 there was nothing attached to that from a legal point of view no matter how hard we try a gift payment is not a binding contract at all in any shape.

I went threw something like this before with Paypal gift. When it actually comes down to the courts a gift payment is not a binding transaction if when it was sent had nothing attaching it too it. Which I don't think it did.

I think they filled charges cops in his home town had to follow threw because it was from another state. They arrested him. I'm interested too see where he was arrested for we can see the booking on him.

Seems like tannert after he got arrested talked so either his town or state didn't think there was enough evidence to hold him or something.

Just the whole gift payment is where I think all this is going to fall apart. Paypal says its not covered its not a transaction it's a gift.
Cali330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #75
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali330 View Post
How can he admit and apologize but then not forgive what he did?

So is he in jail? If so what jail I would like to go see the bookings.

What were the charges? How was he charged? Was he read his rights before the cops starting asking questions concerning the case. Trust me this is a big no no. If they got anything out of him when they were talking or if he was not free to go at any time. Then he was under arrest and they have to read him his rights or it will be thrown out of court.

At any point did he discuss trying to give the money back and at any point in time did you give him a certain time frame?

Lots of questions I know. Just saw this thread and I'm really surprised that there is no really evidence only from what you have said. Seems to be alot of slander on your behalf of him which in turn is not going to help if this goes to trial.

Just trying to get a clear picture of things.
OP is not the arresting officer. If you want the details, you probably need to go talk to them.

Are you lining up for the defense team?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #76
college46

@cali330

Interesting,

I would assume that with the emails that tannert sent to bwallace would be enough proving that there was implied agreement and that the payment was legitimate.

he was likely arrested, questioned, released on pta.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #77
DHK

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
I asked if he was read his rights.

But he said payments were sent as a gift which in turn is not a binding agreement? If they were sent with Paypal gift was there a message wrote underneath each gift sent?

From what I can see he sent a gift payment with nothing attached. Bwallace530 in turn sent a gift box to tannert.

But from the point of looking where the money came from and how it was paid. It was paid as a gift not as a transaction meaning when he sent a gift payment to bwallace530 there was nothing attached to that from a legal point of view no matter how hard we try a gift payment is not a binding contract at all in any shape.
Actually... from a "legal perspective" intent is what matters. If you sell something via any means with the Intent to defraud someone that is theft.

How the money is exchanged is irrelevant. What you are saying is only valid if intent can not be proven. The paypal transactions alone do not speak to intent since they are "gifts" however the emails can prove intent.

Why do you really care anyway? You hoping to catch on has his defense lawyer?
DHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #78
Cali330
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by college46 View Post
@cali330

Interesting,

I would assume that with the emails that tannert sent to bwallace would be enough proving that there was implied agreement and that the payment was legitimate.

he was likely arrested, questioned, released on pta.
Understand what your saying. What I was trying to just get by was the payment as a "GIFT" and I saw in the other thread that he wanted the money back. What was the date when money was suppose to be returned.

Not trying to make any case. It's on a open forum and I found this thread pretty interesting.

And no not trying to be a lawyer. Just seems like the defense has a case also. You can't have theft if the money was sent willingly as a gift. That does not make any sense at all.

Last edited by Cali330; 02-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Cali330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #79
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
:popcorn:

Odd that if was arrested for a felony, that he hasn't been booked into Deschutes County Jail in the past 30 days: http://www.deschutescountyjail.org/I...nmatelist.html
mtnbound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #80
college46

Quote:
Understand what your saying. What I was trying to just get by was the payment as a "GIFT" and I saw in the other thread that he wanted the money back. What was the date when money was suppose to be returned.

Not trying to make any case. It's on a open forum and I found this thread pretty interesting.
I dont care why your interested like everyone else lol, its an open forum.

That is a good point, there is a reasonable expectation that the money had not been spent and it was easily refundable, however in the other thread he claims bwallace530 withdrew the funds. So how could a refund be possible in the future? This was likely his thinking to take this to the police.

Also that is the current inmate list i think.

Last edited by college46; 02-09-2013 at 09:53 AM.
college46 is offline   Reply With Quote