E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
jKINGv

My Ride: 2001 325i
////Official JkingV build thread. "Sedan Squad"

Hey whatsup guys, I have been on BF for a bit and I thought what better way to introduce myself for the people who dont know me than a little build thread of what ive done so far on my 2001 325i. I'm starting this build thread because within these past and future months I will be and have been modding and upgrading and tuning quite a bit. Here's the deal. Most of you will look at what I have done as an easier task so far but I am 16 years old and my Bimmer is my pride and joy and I am one of the only kids in my area who buy there own parts and enjoy working on their cars and not get everything handed to them. I have done every thing to it by myself with no help (besides tint and rims) so I am very proud of what i accomplished and the plans I have for my car is a deep deep list. I will keep up to date on every thing I do to my car and keep the pictures and this thread moving so you and I can all see the progress as I move forward. Thanks for checking it out and if you have tips please do not be afraid to tell me. Constructive criticism is something I take very well. ENJOY

When I first Picked her up. With 120k miles on it for $6,000.

Bought a new lense setup to get rid of the oxidized old ones. I tried to sand them out and everything but it was bad and there was deeper problems with them.

Let my car sit for a bit as I used my money from my work all on maintenance. I did not want to be one of the kids with a car that looked good but was breaking down every second..

This took a while as I ended up replacing:
-Radiator
-Ignition Coils
-Fan Belt/ Pulleys
-Camshaft sensor
-Oil Gasket
-Power steering hose(s)

After all this I finally pulled the trigger on DDM Tuning Ae's and smoked corners/side lights and just plastidipped my grill for a bit of a more aggresive look.

HERE COME THE WHEELS!!
Picked up some 313 reps (Miro 942's 18x9.5 square) running a staggered set of 255/35 and 245/40 ( i will get new tires soon but these will do for now).
Also pulled went ahead a week before and got my window tint done. 20% on the back windows and back windshield with a 35% in the front. perfect for me
Guys at 714 Tires in Westminster really helped me out and did some great work.

that concave vvvvvv

Just a tad poke, i enjoy it quite a bit

20% back 35% front

Went ahead and plastidipped to black. I needed a darker color to fit with my orient blue, turned out awesome/// I will take some real camera shots tomorrow.

I also did a complete dice Ipod unit setup which was a fun installation experience(Ae's were worse but still) did small fixes like windshield wipers and De-badging my 325i on the trunk lid. This is all I have for now but my plans are endless. Stay tuned for:

-H&R Sport Cup Kit ( or possible racelands in a month or two)
-Mtech Front bumper
-Led Smoked Tails( this week)
-Interior Changes
-Exhaust setup

And pretty much anything you guys give me ideas on.
Thanks for stopping by everyone.
jKINGv is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
First!

Awesome start. Don't go with the cup kit though. Just get some adjustable coilovers and slam it Also, no Mtech.... IMHO mtech II belongs to facelifts. Go with the M3 bumper for more aggressive and a lower look.

Last edited by Barbaros; 01-27-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
J-king

My Ride: 2002 bmw 325xi
Nice car & nice name man
J-king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
First!

Awesome start. Don't go with the cup kit though. Just get some adjustable coilovers and slam it Also, no Mtech.... IMHO mtech II belongs to facelifts. Go with the M3 bumper for more aggressive and a lower look.
Yah ill probably end up with racelands! and thanks man m3 bumpers look way aggresive!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-king View Post
Nice car & nice name man
Ohh no! ahah my initials are JV and i didnt even test your name. this is the name i have on BF so i just kept it. My bad dude and thanks
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jKINGv View Post
Yah ill probably end up with racelands! and thanks man m3 bumpers look way aggresive!!
Lol no racelands. But a M3 rep bumper will be look good. As already said, mtech is better looking on facelift. You should not put an OEM M3 bumper because your fenders are not as wide as M3 fenders and the bumper will stick out. So go with a rep from one of our vendors. If you want a budget coilover kit check out ST's or street edge. There's a thread about those street edge coils and it seems a lot of people like them. Don't go with ricelands. A lot of my friends that got them regretted it after a few months. If you want to go super low, look into BC Racing. You can get an extreme drop kit which will basically let your car lay frame, and you can also choose your spring rates.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Lol no racelands. But a M3 rep bumper will be look good. As already said, mtech is better looking on facelift. You should not put an OEM M3 bumper because your fenders are not as wide as M3 fenders and the bumper will stick out. So go with a rep from one of our vendors. If you want a budget coilover kit check out ST's or street edge. There's a thread about those street edge coils and it seems a lot of people like them. Don't go with ricelands. A lot of my friends that got them regretted it after a few months. If you want to go super low, look into BC Racing. You can get an extreme drop kit which will basically let your car lay frame, and you can also choose your spring rates.
Im getting an M3 rep not a oem m3 bumper if i do and thats what i hear but racelands have a lifetime warranty so i was assuming it couldnt be a bad choice. I dont plan on dumping my car, i just want it a little lower angled front down . I want coils so i need some adjustables
Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
jmanfredonia

My Ride: 325i
pretty nice start, you should've just bought black wheels though, the plastidip eventually gets pretty gross looking
Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanfredonia View Post
pretty nice start, you should've just bought black wheels though, the plastidip eventually gets pretty gross looking
Well the deal was i have been always looking for 313 reps, and the Miro 942's were about to be discontinued. I found a guy local to me who was selling his for a really good price. Im 16 and i only make so much money so i went ahead and bought them. I will probably eventually get them powder coated but for now the plasti will do. Thanks man
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #10
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Nice start man! I disagree and say that the mtech II flows better with the lines of the sedan since it has the rubbing strips, if you get m3 front you should get the rear as well
Old 01-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #11
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
There is NOTHING good about those wheels - they do not fit and the black on a dark car looks like a55
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Cut the kid some slack.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #13
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
ok - so are you saying I shouldnt give an opinion?

Folks been giving me opinions on E46 for almost 8 years
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #14
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
ok - so are you saying I shouldnt give an opinion?

Folks been giving me opinions on E46 for almost 8 years
He might not have the best taste (..which is subjective anyway ), but he seems to be attempting to pay his own way, which is more than I can say about many of the youngsters on this site. Let's attempt to be constructive given the totality of the circumstances. There is a huge difference between "I don't really like the black-on-black look" and "Your car looks like a$$".

Last edited by M3Inline6; 01-28-2013 at 02:02 AM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #15
2002GreenBMW

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Beautiful car in that OB! I have done alot of the same things you have with my 2001 OB sedan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1359361463.138004.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	488151  
2002GreenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #16
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
great start, but get the tires sorted so they are all the same. hit the rims up with some Silver paint. definitely need to bring it back down to earth to pull off 9.5s front and rear.

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square

Last edited by wdeerfield; 01-28-2013 at 08:06 AM.
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
I hate OB...

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
great start, but get the tires sorted so they are all the same. hit the rims up with some Silver paint. definitely need to bring it back down to earth to pull off 9.5s front and rear.
Yah that tire setup is for the time being, I will get new tires in the next few months after I find what coils I will be running
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
jKINGv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
There is NOTHING good about those wheels - they do not fit and the black on a dark car looks like a55
Thanks for the criticism . Now anything you want to say in order to fix it or make it better or just tell me they look like ****? What's your opinion. I'm good with constructive criticism that's why I posted it on here in the first place. What do you think?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
diM3tri

My Ride: 330ci + stg2 Scoobie
I'm 16 with an orient blue 330ci as well! Car looks good. Id go with silver wheels though. The black against OB doesn't look that good in my opinion. Nice car though ! Is it an auto or 5 speed?

Current Cars:
'99 Big Turbo B5 A4 (the red one) ^^^
'13 GLI
'91 Ford F150 v8 5spd

Previous Cars:
'05 stg 2 scoobie wagon
'82 VW rabbit vert
'01 330ci
'84 633csi
diM3tri is offline   Reply With Quote