E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
nawewawe

My Ride: 03 M3 Hardtop/Vert
Need your opinion

I have a M3 vert and looking to add some new rims to my car. Im interested in purchasing a set of VMR v718 with a drop. My wheel specs i chose are R-19x9.5 F-19x8.5, since thats the biggest size these wheels are made, would have loved 19x10 in the back and 19x9.5 fronts any how, im really confused about the offsets. I tried to research it but, im still confused. This is where u guys come in. Basically i want my tires to sit flush at the fender with my fenders rolled of course with a clean drop. what would be the max offset that the wheel stick out without any rub?

Last edited by nawewawe; 01-26-2013 at 02:57 AM.
nawewawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
nofar

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP 6 SPEED
You need to provide the offsets. The offsets will determine how far inboard/outboard the face of the wheel will sit relative to the fender. Honestly, there's no one perfect combination. You should search intensively and you'll find the information you require.

If you already have the wheels on the car and are looking for spacers, then you need to measure the gap between the wheel and the fender and that will tell you what spacers to get (assuming you live some room left over too).
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
One of our sponsors will come in and help you. Call Modbargains. They can help you.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
Ntrb8s4

My Ride: X5 / B8 S4
Talk to Elliot at mod bargains. He's the man! I'm ordering my wheels from him tomm!
Ntrb8s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
That's a difficult question to answer cause:
- Rolling fenders isn't an exact science, you could roll them mildly, or you could even push them out.
- You could as some people do here, run wide wheels with stretched tires. It gives you that "flush" look, yet only if you ignore the tires are stretched to hell.
- What's a "clean drop"?

Contact a vendor, you're probably going to have to pay extra for custom offsets, which then you may rethink your choice.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
nawewawe

sounds good. i dont live to far from mob bargains also i can save money on shipment. so ill just roll up there and check them out. One more question how much does stock premium 19 inch rims weigh at comparing to some vmr v718
Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
nawewawe

I Basically want my car to look and sit like this car but with v718 instead of vb3. PS I have a hardtop aswell. here are his specs:

VMR VB3
19x9.5 +22 235.35.19 60%
19x10 +25 245.35.19 brand new
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9698.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	488428  

Tags
vmr v718 m3 vert