E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
Website Developers/Builders, Graphic Designers: Does this pricing sound right?

I hired an acquaintance of mine and her company to work on building my website, designing graphic/logo, implementing a blog, and all related social media outlets.

Does this pricing sound fair to you? A little more than I was looking to spend, just confirming with sources in-the-know, that the pricing is accurate and fair.

Thanks!!
Geo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	488385  
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
ROOFLESS

My Ride: has a 3.2L bag now
You get what you pay for in this business. At that price you shouldnt accept anything less than perfect.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
veeco

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Seems about right assuming it's quality work. The third item I would think would be part of the design but that depends on what it entails. The last $500 item seems a bit high, depending on the how complicated the hosting environment is, but based on the price of the site I would assume a basic setup on a managed server. That last item has 'web hosting' thrown in there. Is that hosting for a year, what type of hosting, etc?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Gtfo..... 4k?!

I can just out source it to my guys in india, pay them 85 bucks, and 100% be better than whatever you would of gotten.

Theres no way in hell you should be paying 4k, I would understand 800, but not anything more than that at all man
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
veeco

My Ride: 2002 325ci
LOL India... Can't tell you how many POS projects I've had to fix from incompetent Indian programmers. Yeah you can outsource, pull your hair out trying to explain things to them, end up with a site written in spaghetti code, ripe with security holes. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
you should take that quote to 2 other places to see if they can beat it in half.

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to praise you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
dualbob103

My Ride: Mums
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeco View Post
LOL India... Can't tell you how many POS projects I've had to fix from incompetent Indian programmers. Yeah you can outsource, pull your hair out trying to explain things to them, end up with a site written in spaghetti code, ripe with security holes. You get what you pay for.
Sorry man but you found the wrong ones.

Top companies outsource there work to india everyday, find the right ones and it's like a gold.

And you said "you get what you pay for"...hahaaahaaa, what world are you living in

Back on topic, go searh around for a better quote, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to do a quarter or Atleast half.

Last edited by dualbob103; 01-29-2013 at 01:35 PM.
dualbob103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #8
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
$4k... not a bad payout for that company for what's probably a weeks worth of work (unless there were a ton of brand new graphic designs needed or they were exceptionally complex)...
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
$400 for business card design????
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
m1r

My Ride: 13 TL
Arent there 1,000s of free wordpress themes out there?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeco View Post
A good portion of my business comes from fixing India's shoddy work. I'm sure there are good options there...but they are few and far between.

Last edited by morningisbad; 01-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.
morningisbad is online now   Reply With Quote