E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #461
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Saw that a couple of minutes ago. No COD stated yet, but apparently the authorities think it was natural.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #462
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
RIP Maria de Villota
Just saw this RIP
Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #463
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Seb no low fuel run in FP3 KERS issue. Yay!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #464
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Quali gon be good.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #465
oofie

My Ride: 07 Fit
Send a message via AIM to oofie
Quote:
rip maria de villota
rip
Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #466
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Quali gon be good.
I'm ready. Got my drink on.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #467
mcr_driver

I should've bet on kimi to win when I was at vegas...he was 8 to 1 odds... alonso is 7 to 1 and vettel is -300
Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #468
Lair
E46Fanatic

Japan is "teammate redemption" weekend. Most of the number twos beat the number ones in qualifying.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #469
adame46man

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Re: ----> 2013 Formula 1 Season Thread <----

Here's hoping for a decent start for Webber! Hamilton follow him for p2!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app

Bimmerbrakes Headers, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Rogue Power Pulleys,Active Autowerke Software, Clear corners, side and tail lights, APEX ARC-8 wheels
adame46man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #470
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Pretty crazy race, frantic at points in the midfield. Thanks Danno for letting RBR only concentrate on a 3 horse race up front, his long first stint killed so many races

RBR strategy from the get go was to screw Mark, move Vettel up. Should expect no less. Was hoping he would buck the teams strategy and put himself in better position.

Nice drive from RoGro. Earning his spot next year.

Lol @ LH.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #471
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
yeah it was a good race despite the results. RBR dominance without a doubt. crazy strategy and all haha

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #472
unevolved

My Ride: 2003 325i
Would have been pretty badass if Webber had said "**** your strategy, I'm staying out!" and tried to push through those last 13 laps or so. Don't get me wrong, Vettel is where he is for a good reason (amazing car with an extremely dedicated driver), but team orders always seem unfair/unsportsmanlike. Just like with the tires being the limiting factor, just let the drivers race.
unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #473
t.bird

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP
Ugh, I just switched to u-verse and decided to watch this race on NBC SN instead of downloading the BBC or sky coverage....it was AWFUL. The comentators were terrible, they miss huge things, make mistakes and spend half of the time talking about stupid ****. I have no clue how Vettle won, the wife and I looked at eachother in confusion when he somehow ended up in 1st from 15 seconds back. Never again...

Last edited by t.bird; 10-13-2013 at 08:05 PM.
t.bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #474
mcr_driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by unevolved View Post
Would have been pretty badass if Webber had said "**** your strategy, I'm staying out!" and tried to push through those last 13 laps or so. Don't get me wrong, Vettel is where he is for a good reason (amazing car with an extremely dedicated driver), but team orders always seem unfair/unsportsmanlike. Just like with the tires being the limiting factor, just let the drivers race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.bird View Post
Ugh, I just switched to u-verse and decided to watch this race on NBC SN instead of downloading the BBC or sky coverage....it was AWFUL. The comentators were terrible, they miss huge things, make mistakes and spend half of the time talking about stupid ****. I have no clue how Vettle won, the wife and I looked at eachother in confusion when he somehow ended up in 1st from 15 seconds back. Never again...
refer to above pos, had webber stayed out it's possible vettel would've had a tougher time or a closer margin to win today..but since webber pitted it gave vettel an easy win as they knew grosjean would've been a pita to pass.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #475
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Fantastic drive from Sebastian .

Worst performance of the day goes to @SchecoPerez

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #476
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3

Today Honda has released a recording of its new F1 engine which was recently fired for the first time. The engine is being developed for the 2015 season where Honda will participate under a joint project with McLaren. Manabu Nishimae, President of Honda Motor Europe Ltd, commented, "It is exciting to hear the cry of our new born Formula One engine for the first time. Our engineers are working hard to develop the engine and we are all looking forward to the start of the 2015 season."

Honda will be in charge of the development, manufacture and supply of the power unit, including the engine and energy recovery system, while McLaren will be in charge of the development and manufacture of the chassis, as well as the management of the new team, McLaren Honda. Honda will base its European racing operation in Milton Keynes from June 2014.

From 2014, new F1 regulations require the introduction of a 1.6 litre direct injection turbocharged V6 engine with energy recovery systems. The opportunity to further develop these powertrain technologies through the challenge of racing is central to Honda's decision to participate in F1. Throughout its history, Honda has passionately pursued improvements in the efficiency of the internal combustion engine and in more recent years, the development of pioneering energy management technologies such as hybrid systems. Participation in Formula 1 under these new regulations will encourage even further technological progress in both these areas. Furthermore, a new generation of Honda engineers can experience the challenges and the thrills of operating at the pinnacle of motorsport.

Sounds good to me. I think the concerns over the sound of the turbo engines was overblown.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #477
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Turbo engine sound concern was overblown? Iseewhatyoudidthere.

I do think it sounds good. ERS units are going to be really interesting as well.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #478
WerksM3

My Ride: 2002 M3
I'm very interested in the motor that pre-spools the turbo. It must have a one-way type of connection so the motor does not drag on the impeller speed when the exhaust gas takes over.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #479
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerksM3 View Post
I'm very interested in the motor that pre-spools the turbo. It must have a one-way type of connection so the motor does not drag on the impeller speed when the exhaust gas takes over.
Unless they are playing with variable degrees of ERS drag to simulate traction control...
Old 10-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #480
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

WTF, no da Costa...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/2...rive-for-2014/