E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Quote:
You can definitely browse the phone book via Bluetooth and the functionality is really good for any phone conversation I've had. I've played music via Bluetooth and that works very well also. Radio reception is just as good as any radio out there no complaints. Can't verify steering wheel scenario because I have the controls on mine.

I rip YouTube vids to avi and go between mp3 and video on the sd card (32gb). Definitely miles more advanced than my factory head unit which I do not miss in the least.

If you have the $$$ I guess you could do Dynavin, I feel this is excellent if you do not want to spend that kind of cash on a head unit with all the same functionality.
agree, as per the steering control, you wont lose them. they all work like they did before.

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #42
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadger View Post
You can definitely browse the phone book via Bluetooth and the functionality is really good for any phone conversation I've had. I've played music via Bluetooth and that works very well also. Radio reception is just as good as any radio out there no complaints. Can't verify steering wheel scenario because I have the controls on mine.

I rip YouTube vids to avi and go between mp3 and video on the sd card (32gb). Definitely miles more advanced than my factory head unit which I do not miss in the least.

If you have the $$$ I guess you could do Dynavin, I feel this is excellent if you do not want to spend that kind of cash on a head unit with all the same functionality.
I have a d5113 too so I endorse these comments 100%
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #43
eljay

My Ride: ///M
Thank you for the replies. After more reading on this unit, I think I'm convinced that I'll get this and save cash for other things.
I hope that I will not have to deal with the random startup screen issue as I will not be connecting the canbus module because I don't have steering wheel controls on my car anyway (it's a Competition Package with M button).

Now, I just have to find a decent rearview camera to fit with this as well.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #44
Barthanes

My Ride: BMW
Hi Mbadger

I've got a question which you can help with!

How does the bluetooth music and sat nav work? Can you listen to music via bluetooth with the sat nav on top without any issues? Can you still control the music and change songs via the steering wheel whilst in sat nav mode?

Cheers
Barthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #45
mbadger

My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthanes View Post
Hi Mbadger

I've got a question which you can help with!

How does the bluetooth music and sat nav work? Can you listen to music via bluetooth with the sat nav on top without any issues? Can you still control the music and change songs via the steering wheel whilst in sat nav mode?

Cheers
I haven't tested that exact scenario, but I can say this much, whenever the Nav has something to say, it mutes the music source and then when it's done the music resumes. Will have to try that.

On the second point I'm pretty sure you can because the NAVI side works with the music playing in a Picture in Picture mode where you can navigate the song list and change directories etc whilst the navi screen remains in the background.

You can also resize the PIP and move it wherever you prefer on the screen while on the NAVI screen.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #46
Barthanes

I've currently got the Dynavin E46 v5 unit and it cuts out bluetooth music when the nav has something to say then plays the radio instead, it also does this when trying to change the volume in the sat nav.

If you get a chance to try it out sometime let me know!

Cheers
Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #47
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthanes View Post
I've currently got the Dynavin E46 v5 unit and it cuts out bluetooth music when the nav has something to say then plays the radio instead, it also does this when trying to change the volume in the sat nav.

If you get a chance to try it out sometime let me know!

Cheers
Will do as soon as the wife returns my ride...I've been having too much fun with the e36 vert beater I just snagged
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #48
Barthanes

Thanks bud!

I recently got a 320D 2.0l Turbo Diesel! (when i say recently, only two days ago!) and loving it. Great car.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #49
haurelio

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
this unit plays bluetooth music while navigation on, it lowers its volume when gps needs to say something and it goes back to playing the same song. If a call is received or you making a call , gps Window will close, but you can still hear it when it needs to say anything.

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #50
DiPone

My Ride: E46 320d
Hi all I am getting a D5113 soon but I have a couple of questions. My car has the satnav/cassette in now, will I need to get the 5m extension cable. Also I have read on forums to put igo primo on it but for what OS do I get and any ideas where to get it from. Lastly who has this unit working with the steering wheel controls, I have heard a lot don't work?
Thanks
DiPone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #51
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPone View Post
Hi all I am getting a D5113 soon but I have a couple of questions. My car has the satnav/cassette in now, will I need to get the 5m extension cable. Also I have read on forums to put igo primo on it but for what OS do I get and any ideas where to get it from. Lastly who has this unit working with the steering wheel controls, I have heard a lot don't work?
Thanks
Yes you will need the cable, igo primo runs on the same OS the NAVI side uses now with the Sygic (windows ce). I think you can get it here: http://dynavin.freeforums.org/igo-pr...ion-t1101.html

The steering wheel controls absolutely work. I've had no issues with them whatsoever.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #52
DiPone

My Ride: E46 320d
thanks for the quick reply
the usb extension you installed by the cup holder is this connected behind the head unit or in the front connections.
DiPone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #53
mbadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiPone View Post
thanks for the quick reply
the usb extension you installed by the cup holder is this connected behind the head unit or in the front connections.
No prob, it's connected behind the head unit.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #54
Mircea's M3

My Ride: Bmw M3 2001
do you guys know how to adjust the screen? when im in navigation and im trying to type the address, its too high up and hard to see as if its zoomed in a bit or screen is a bit high...thank you in advance
Mircea's M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #55
Bez9001

My Ride: 2003 E46 325 coupe
You have to leave nav screen to make or receive a call

I have just bought a D5113e and fitted it myself. It looks great and was easy to install.
The sat nav is great with full uk postcodes,
The Bluetooth works great too.
However you need to leave sat nav screen when a phone call comes in.
Is their away of using Bluetooth phone calls at the same time as sat nav as this is essential to me. As I use the phone for work and need the nav to find my way.
Bez9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #56
buddyn2007

My Ride: 2001 330ci Coupe
I was able to install my eonon d5113 also to my 2001 330ci. Everything worked perfectly except that after I left from the place of the installer, my side view mirror stopped working. A day later, my signal flashers stopped working as well. Then a day after that, my airconditioner stopped cooling and my power windows no longer functioned. I brought the car to the bmw service centre and they told me that based on the computer diagnosis, the fault was in the d5113 and I had to install the old radio back.

After they installed the old radio back, the functions which stopped working in the car started working again.

Did I miss out anything during the wiring process that could have caused the problem? I used the adapters which came with it. I did not remove the battery cable during the install. I did the reset of the d5113 after the install. Did I miss any step that could have cause the fault problem during the install. Thank you!
buddyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #57
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Wow dude thats crazy. The only thing that I can think of is that something went wacky with the canbus adopter. Did use the adapter that came with the radio?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #58
buddyn2007

My Ride: 2001 330ci Coupe
Yes I did. It came with 2 adapters. I used the one which fit to the adapter which was the same as what I had on my old radio. Should i have removed the power cable from the car battery first before installing? Did you do that when you installed yours?
buddyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #59
The Thomas J

My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

They recommended removing the battery cable. No one does this. Try using ur old canbus adapter. Im not sure if it will work with this unit. But its worth a shot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #60
asdetail

My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyn2007 View Post
I was able to install my eonon d5113 also to my 2001 330ci. Everything worked perfectly except that after I left from the place of the installer, my side view mirror stopped working. A day later, my signal flashers stopped working as well. Then a day after that, my airconditioner stopped cooling and my power windows no longer functioned. I brought the car to the bmw service centre and they told me that based on the computer diagnosis, the fault was in the d5113 and I had to install the old radio back.

After they installed the old radio back, the functions which stopped working in the car started working again.

Did I miss out anything during the wiring process that could have caused the problem? I used the adapters which came with it. I did not remove the battery cable during the install. I did the reset of the d5113 after the install. Did I miss any step that could have cause the fault problem during the install. Thank you!
your little canbus box is faulty,try installing h/u without canbus decoder box,it is screwing up vehicle canbus messages
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote