E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #61
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Question about the back up camera. There are two pink wires labled back up camera that come off the wire harnees. Ome off the can bus adapter & one into the radio it self. Do tjese go together?

Where does the camera power & groind connect to??

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #62
haurelio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,040
My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
splice them together, and for the camera you can use the reverse wires..
__________________
Contact me if you need to unlock your phone.

Also can code your car
haurelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #63
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #64
daboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Croydon (UK)
Posts: 16
My Ride: 330ci M Sport
I'm getting some weird distortion randomly when driving, not sure if its just mp3's because I can't really get any radio signal at the moment (thats another issue). Seems to happen when I brake but only sometimes, happens about every five minutes or so. I really wish I had bought a Dynavin as this is not a unit for people who love their music, its really has a very poor UI. Infact I will probably sell it and buy a Dynavin once I have made some money from selling the OEM stuff.
daboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #65
mbadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 222
My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboy View Post
I'm getting some weird distortion randomly when driving, not sure if its just mp3's because I can't really get any radio signal at the moment (thats another issue). Seems to happen when I brake but only sometimes, happens about every five minutes or so. I really wish I had bought a Dynavin as this is not a unit for people who love their music, its really has a very poor UI. Infact I will probably sell it and buy a Dynavin once I have made some money from selling the OEM stuff.
Incorrectly installed perhaps? I love my music? This plays it all very well for me, and my radio signal is just as good ad my pen radio. If you have the $$ buy a Dynavin but have it professionally installed.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
mbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #66
daboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Croydon (UK)
Posts: 16
My Ride: 330ci M Sport
I don't have it incorrectly installed, I can fit these things with my eyes closed after 18 years of fitting stereos. its just a bit of hit and miss with the quality of these units.

So you are telling me that the mp3 player, that only shows you the first 10 letters of an album and randomly puts everything in a strange order is good. I have 80 albums all in genre folders but it just ignores that and gives me one long list, its not even alphabetical. If you think that this has a nice user interface then you must be mad.
daboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #67
mbadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 222
My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboy View Post
I don't have it incorrectly installed, I can fit these things with my eyes closed after 18 years of fitting stereos. its just a bit of hit and miss with the quality of these units.

So you are telling me that the mp3 player, that only shows you the first 10 letters of an album and randomly puts everything in a strange order is good. I have 80 albums all in genre folders but it just ignores that and gives me one long list, its not even alphabetical. If you think that this has a nice user interface then you must be mad.
1st thing, none of the own mp3 or iPod interfaces very well, 2nd it's better than not being able to play mp3s 3rd it has aux and Bluetooth music inputs so if it really bothered you that much you could use those. This is not a this vs that thread so go bash or promote somewhere else, next stop is mods to get this b.s. off the board.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
mbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #68
daboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Croydon (UK)
Posts: 16
My Ride: 330ci M Sport
WTF!! this is a thread about thoughts on this unit right?

I'm not promoting anything, just a bit disappointed with my unit and thought I would share my feelings and findings

maybe you are just having a bad day but thats no way to welcome a new forumite.
daboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #69
mbadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 222
My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboy View Post
WTF!! this is a thread about thoughts on this unit right?

I'm not promoting anything, just a bit disappointed with my unit and thought I would share my feelings and findings

maybe you are just having a bad day but thats no way to welcome a new forumite.
Ok, perhaps you are right..saw the one post and thought you were "trolling"...my bad...Maybe you got a bad unit. Arguably, they have limitations, but I can live with them for the many positive features offered over and above stock and for the budget conscious this is an alternative.
__________________
mbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #70
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Since this unit is wired to the canbus are there any hidden functions that this unit. Can preform like engine & system monitoring? If so any way to access it?

Sent by The Thomas J. using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #71
asdetail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brisbane australia
Posts: 269
My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
yes the eonon unit has its limitations,but having owned one for the last eight months,i find the positives far outweigh the negatives when taking into consideration the price and the functions this unit has compared with the oem bmw business cd that came with my car,it probably isn't as polished as the dynavin,however it is close to a third of the price.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #72
asdetail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brisbane australia
Posts: 269
My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Since this unit is wired to the canbus are there any hidden functions that this unit. Can preform like engine & system monitoring? If so any way to access it?

Sent by The Thomas J. using BimmerApp mobile app
No,not a feature of the firmware in the d5113,there are a couple of similar units out there that do have limited system monitoring through the canbus but I have not come across any write-ups from owners of these h/u's about the effectiveness of this.
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #73
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Re: Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Do you or anyone else thing we will get a firmware upgrade ever?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #74
asdetail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brisbane australia
Posts: 269
My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
in one word,no
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #75
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdetail View Post
in one word,no
Thank you for the direct answer. One can only hope that it will happen. But i'm a dreamer & my wishfull thinking will not make it so.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #76
The Thomas J
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 535
My Ride: 2002 325Cic
So I wanted to give my thoughts on this unit.

So far my experiance with it has been ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 factoring in ease of use, features & price I will give this unit a 6.

Price wise, it could be about $50 cheaper. I paid $428 for it. If it was $350-$375 I think it would be priced more in line for what it does.

Ease of use... The resitive screen can be a PIA. That alone should drop the price of this unit to the $300 range. You can swipe the screen from screen to screen mine is a little choppy & seems to lag a bit, nothing terrible but it's there. I tend to just use the home button anyway.

Bluetooth works fine, the unit itself boots up fine & within a reasonable time. The GPS is very good. It's has many options & features that I wasn't expecting. The screen is not an HD screen. The screen on Avic was much better & brighter. The screen on my Fathers 2007 Lexus es350 is better. This is another reason why I think this unit should be in the $300 range.

DVD/CD works fine. SD card works fine.

Canbus adapoter is a little buggy & doesn't always work when you sepress a button on the steering wheel. At the very least it lags. I haven't experianced any issues with car at all as some people have has since plugging this adaopter in. So if I have to live witha little lag but everything else works than so be it.

Back up cam is pulling a signal when I put it in reverse. I still have to install the camera. I went with a wireless camera so I'll give a review on that once it's 100% installed.

The aound qualitly is very good. My music never sounded very good with the stock radio. I was going to change the speakers, I don't have to now. It makes me wonder if somthing was wrong with my stock radio.

My biggest issue to date is the terrible phone & media interface. The phone pulls contacts & that's fine You can make phone calls, answer,reject, put on hold & hang up. But there is no way to punch numbers in on the key pad while during a call.

You can switch songs from the touch screen, channel knob, fast forward button on the radio & steering wheel controls. It would be nice if you could see what was playing, very poor interface. When in SD card mode the files do come up in proper order & you can see what is playing. Navigating though an SD card is annoying & I don't know many people myself inculded who use an SD card for media.

I would prefer some more canbus features like engine & system mointoring. There is a big black space on the Navi screen that when not in Navi mode just displays the time & signal. It's just begging to be made use of.

Final thoughts; I've never had an experiance with a Dynavin. I'm sure it's very nice, but not worth the money. The ENCO is a a much better viable option for someone on a budget that want's similar features of a Dynavin & a stock looking Navi. The e46 is an older car now & hasn't been in production since 2006. My car is 11 years old & yes & it's in great condition but dropping over a grand for a radio in an older car is just stupid. $428 just sounds better. That's my .2 I will update from time to time.
The Thomas J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #77
asdetail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brisbane australia
Posts: 269
My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
So I wanted to give my thoughts on this unit.

So far my experiance with it has been ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 factoring in ease of use, features & price I will give this unit a 6.

Price wise, it could be about $50 cheaper. I paid $428 for it. If it was $350-$375 I think it would be priced more in line for what it does.

Ease of use... The resitive screen can be a PIA. That alone should drop the price of this unit to the $300 range. You can swipe the screen from screen to screen mine is a little choppy & seems to lag a bit, nothing terrible but it's there. I tend to just use the home button anyway.

Bluetooth works fine, the unit itself boots up fine & within a reasonable time. The GPS is very good. It's has many options & features that I wasn't expecting. The screen is not an HD screen. The screen on Avic was much better & brighter. The screen on my Fathers 2007 Lexus es350 is better. This is another reason why I think this unit should be in the $300 range.

DVD/CD works fine. SD card works fine.

Canbus adapoter is a little buggy & doesn't always work when you sepress a button on the steering wheel. At the very least it lags. I haven't experianced any issues with car at all as some people have has since plugging this adaopter in. So if I have to live witha little lag but everything else works than so be it.

Back up cam is pulling a signal when I put it in reverse. I still have to install the camera. I went with a wireless camera so I'll give a review on that once it's 100% installed.

The aound qualitly is very good. My music never sounded very good with the stock radio. I was going to change the speakers, I don't have to now. It makes me wonder if somthing was wrong with my stock radio.

My biggest issue to date is the terrible phone & media interface. The phone pulls contacts & that's fine You can make phone calls, answer,reject, put on hold & hang up. But there is no way to punch numbers in on the key pad while during a call.

You can switch songs from the touch screen, channel knob, fast forward button on the radio & steering wheel controls. It would be nice if you could see what was playing, very poor interface. When in SD card mode the files do come up in proper order & you can see what is playing. Navigating though an SD card is annoying & I don't know many people myself inculded who use an SD card for media.

I would prefer some more canbus features like engine & system mointoring. There is a big black space on the Navi screen that when not in Navi mode just displays the time & signal. It's just begging to be made use of.

Final thoughts; I've never had an experiance with a Dynavin. I'm sure it's very nice, but not worth the money. The ENCO is a a much better viable option for someone on a budget that want's similar features of a Dynavin & a stock looking Navi. The e46 is an older car now & hasn't been in production since 2006.
Quote:
My car is 11 years old & yes & it's in great condition but dropping over a grand for a radio in an older car is just stupid. $428 just sounds better. That's my .2 I will update from time to time
.
Exactly correct,which is the reason I went for the eonon unit,it does most of what the dynavin does,and while the ui is not as polished it is almost half the price,i can live with that!
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #78
Degrees
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 54
My Ride: BMW 320i
Hey guys, I've got a D5113U due to arrive tomorrow. My car has the OEM monitor in dash so I immediately placed an order for the 5M extension harness designed for the Dynavin. Will the Eonon work with this harness? I notice a few people are reporting excess volume problems. Is this limited to HK systems or does standard audio have this same problem?
Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 AM   #79
asdetail
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brisbane australia
Posts: 269
My Ride: 2002 325ci coupe
[QUOTE=Degrees;15455144]Hey guys, I've got a D5113U due to arrive tomorrow. My car has the OEM monitor in dash so I immediately placed an order for the 5M extension harness designed for the Dynavin.
Quote:
Will the Eonon work with this harness?
yes it will.

Quote:
I notice a few people are reporting excess volume problems. Is this limited to HK systems or does standard audio have this same problem?[/
no real problem with the non-hk systems as long as you have the eq set to "jazz" in setup.(works for me)
asdetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #80
mbadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 222
My Ride: '02 325i '95 325ic
Eonon D5113U GPS DVD Player Installed - my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
So I wanted to give my thoughts on this unit.

So far my experiance with it has been ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 factoring in ease of use, features & price I will give this unit a 6.

Price wise, it could be about $50 cheaper. I paid $428 for it. If it was $350-$375 I think it would be priced more in line for what it does.

Ease of use... The resitive screen can be a PIA. That alone should drop the price of this unit to the $300 range. You can swipe the screen from screen to screen mine is a little choppy & seems to lag a bit, nothing terrible but it's there. I tend to just use the home button anyway.

Bluetooth works fine, the unit itself boots up fine & within a reasonable time. The GPS is very good. It's has many options & features that I wasn't expecting. The screen is not an HD screen. The screen on Avic was much better & brighter. The screen on my Fathers 2007 Lexus es350 is better. This is another reason why I think this unit should be in the $300 range.

DVD/CD works fine. SD card works fine.

Canbus adapoter is a little buggy & doesn't always work when you sepress a button on the steering wheel. At the very least it lags. I haven't experianced any issues with car at all as some people have has since plugging this adaopter in. So if I have to live witha little lag but everything else works than so be it.

Back up cam is pulling a signal when I put it in reverse. I still have to install the camera. I went with a wireless camera so I'll give a review on that once it's 100% installed.

The aound qualitly is very good. My music never sounded very good with the stock radio. I was going to change the speakers, I don't have to now. It makes me wonder if somthing was wrong with my stock radio.

My biggest issue to date is the terrible phone & media interface. The phone pulls contacts & that's fine You can make phone calls, answer,reject, put on hold & hang up. But there is no way to punch numbers in on the key pad while during a call.

You can switch songs from the touch screen, channel knob, fast forward button on the radio & steering wheel controls. It would be nice if you could see what was playing, very poor interface. When in SD card mode the files do come up in proper order & you can see what is playing. Navigating though an SD card is annoying & I don't know many people myself inculded who use an SD card for media.

I would prefer some more canbus features like engine & system mointoring. There is a big black space on the Navi screen that when not in Navi mode just displays the time & signal. It's just begging to be made use of.

Final thoughts; I've never had an experiance with a Dynavin. I'm sure it's very nice, but not worth the money. The ENCO is a a much better viable option for someone on a budget that want's similar features of a Dynavin & a stock looking Navi. The e46 is an older car now & hasn't been in production since 2006. My car is 11 years old & yes & it's in great condition but dropping over a grand for a radio in an older car is just stupid. $428 just sounds better. That's my .2 I will update from time to time.
Hey Thomas just wanted to add that there is an OSD button on the remote and the SD Menu that shows the now playing song, time, time left, time elapsed etc...good review of the unit too.

Interestingly my cousin has a single don WinCe unit in his e30 same interface 109.00 at Walmart so basically as e46 owners we are being fleeced because of this units oem form factor rather than it's technological aptitude



Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
mbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use