E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #61
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier7 View Post
Especially the casino
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #62
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,523
My Ride: JDM
Just a question, I honestly don't know. What do they do if you're caught as an illegal alien in Mexico.
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #63
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Just a question, I honestly don't know. What do they do if you're caught as an illegal alien in Mexico.
If you get caught trying to cross the southern border, they kill you. If you are caught there, you go to jail.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...onas/?page=all

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents.

- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

- Law enforcement officials at all levels - by national mandate - must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

But under the Mexican constitution, such political speech by foreigners is banned. Noncitizens cannot "in any way participate in the political affairs of the country." In fact, a plethora of Mexican statutes enacted by its congress limit the participation of foreign nationals and companies in everything from investment, education, mining and civil aviation to electric energy and firearms. Foreigners have severely limited private property and employment rights (if any).

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/28...llegal-aliens/
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 01-31-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #64
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,523
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
If you get caught trying to cross the southern border, they kill you. If you are caught there, you go to jail.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...onas/?page=all

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," violate Mexican law, are not "physically or mentally healthy" or lack the "necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents.

- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?
Figured it was something like that. So, since we're being more "compassionate" about our side of the border, which Mexico applauds, what are they going to do about their side?
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #65
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Figured it was something like that. So, since we're being more "compassionate" about our side of the border, which Mexico applauds, what are they going to do about their side?
Not a thing, which is why this is so incredibly ridiculous. Remittances are something like the 10th most important thing to the Mexican economy, billions of dollars (I think 2008 was over 20 billion). They want their people to come here and send money back. That's the plan.

The fact that we let such a corrupt country that so freely tramples on what we have decided were "civil rights" tell US what to do shows how long gone this country is.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."

Last edited by Act of God; 01-31-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #66
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
But hey, that's 6.8 million potential voters, too, for whichever party greases the wheel.
Or treats them with respect and basic human decency, which one party seems to be doing far more effectively and reaping the electoral awards.

Other party seems to be slowly awakening, if haltingly, to this basic equation for future political relevancy.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #67
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Or treats them with respect and basic human decency, which one party seems to be doing far more effectively and reaping the electoral awards.

Other party seems to be slowly awakening, if haltingly, to this basic equation for future political relevancy.
I have already shown that it has nothing to do with that. Stop posting talking points that have no basis in reality.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #68
Lair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I have already shown that it has nothing to do with that. Stop posting talking points that have no basis in reality.
I agree with AOG. The way the GOP treats illegals has nothing to do with the GOP's failure to win Latino votes.













*snicker*
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #69
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I agree with AOG. The way the GOP treats illegals has nothing to do with the GOP's failure to win Latino votes.
How stupid are you? GOP amnestied illegals and pushed for comprehensive reform just like the dream act. They still didn't get the vote. The vote is going to those that stand for entitlements.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #70
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,523
My Ride: JDM
So the way to win the Latino vote is to show amnesty for those who have broken the law and are, for all intents and purposes, criminals?
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 01-31-2013 at 11:13 AM.
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #71
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
So the way to win the Latino vote is to show amnesty for those who have broken the law and are, for all intents and purposes, criminals?
No, the GOP already tried that. They don't really care about amnesty since we're not enforcing laws to begin with. They can already get benefits here, so citizenship (while nice) doesn't really change much.

They care about entitlements.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #72
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Here's something to think about...

What happens when the millions of illegals become citizens? You can't pay them below minimum wage and you have to provide them health care coverage. How do you think this will affect their employment status? Gee, I don't know
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #73
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 561
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Here's something to think about...

What happens when the millions of illegals become citizens? You can't pay them below minimum wage and you have to provide them health care coverage. How do you think this will affect their employment status? Gee, I don't know
Great reasons to treat them as second class human beings.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #74
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Soooo, Latinos are simply just another subset of that lazy, rapacious 47% Romney spoke so eloquently and effectively about, a bunch of indolent "takers" coveting other people's ("makers") money, caring only about entitlements and being easily bought off by such. Thus, the GOP should continue to essentially write off, ignore and disparage this large and growing segment of the electorate so that they can continue to win elections into the future just as they did in 2012.

Now there's a sound election strategy for the future that really must keep Democrats up at night.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #75
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Great reasons to treat them as second class human beings.
How is that treating them like second class human beings? They aren't United States citizens. They are intentionally and continually breaking the law. Why do you feel like you can be the arbitor of which laws we should enforce and which laws we should ignore?

Why can't we treat them with the same respect and dignity their home country would treat us?

Also, why import 11-20 million people that will likely be out of a job
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #76
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Soooo, Latinos are simply just another subset of that lazy, rapacious 47% Romney spoke so eloquently and effectively about, a bunch of indolent "takers" coveting other people's ("makers") money, caring only about entitlements and being easily bought off by such. Thus, the GOP should continue to essentially write off, ignore and disparage this large and growing segment of the electorate so that they can continue to win elections into the future just as they did in 2012.

Now there's a sound election strategy for the future that really must keep Democrats up at night.
Nice strawman you dolt. I'm not saying they don't want to work. I'm saying they wont be able to get jobs. There aren't enough jobs for Americans here now, the reason illegals get work is that since they aren't citizens you can pay them under the table. Once you put them on par with the rest of Americans they will face the same issues current Americans are facing in the job market. You will effectively erase their niche.

How's that unemployment rate going, by the way? How many people are out of the workforce now compared to 4 years ago?

Also, who's disparaging who? WTF are you talking about
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #77
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Here's something to think about...

What happens when the millions of illegals become citizens? You can't pay them below minimum wage and you have to provide them health care coverage. How do you think this will affect their employment status? Gee, I don't know
Hmmm, employers might have to start paying them, and thus all lower wage Americans, higher wages since they won't be able to poach off of illegal workers with substandard under-the-table wages any more. They might even be forced to, gasp, offer health care benefits too. Without that vast pool of illegals to exploit, they might be forced to hire them as legal above-board employees.

This is too terrible to conceive!

How are these CEO/plutocrat worthies supposed to afford their next yacht if they have to more equitably share the profits?

What's to become of our neo Gilded Age that these worthies have struggled to mightily to create?

Workers making more than subsistence wages nor simply left to ERs or to die in the streets should they exhibit such indolence as to take ill? Pshaw my good man!
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #78
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 334
My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
Hmmm, employers might have to start paying them, and thus all lower wage Americans, higher wages since they won't be able to poach off of illegal workers with substandard under-the-table wages any more. They might even be forced to, gasp, offer health care benefits too. Without that vast pool of illegals to exploit, they might be forced to hire them as legal above-board employees.

This is too terrible to conceive!

How are these CEO/plutocrat worthies supposed to afford their next yacht if they have to more equitably share the profits?

What's to become of our neo Gilded Age that these worthies have struggled to mightily to create?

Workers making more than subsistence wages nor simply left to ERs or to die in the streets should they exhibit such indolence as to take ill? Pshaw my good man!
lol good to see you outself as an idiot incapable of rational thought.
__________________
“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #79
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 108
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Also, who's disparaging who? WTF are you talking about?
"They want their people to come here and send money back. That's the plan."

"They care about entitlements."

"The vote is going to those that stand for entitlements."

Perhaps the Latinos simply have misconstrued the caring and welcoming policies, rhetoric and tone of the GOP. Silly Latinos. Maybe when the conveniently self-deport they will come to their senses.

Last edited by Rhumb; 01-31-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Great reasons to treat them as second class human beings.
Hate to break it to you, but they are second class in the eyes of the law. They do not have the same rights and privileges....actually, they are third class...second class would be green card holders.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use