E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #141
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I think most of us realize that it still takes a lot of work to look like that despite the juice.
DonaldE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #142
domcreates
Banned User

My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
I'll let you guys in on a little secret.
All the gear in the world won't make you look like that without a serious devotion to diet and exercise.
So give up the "He uses though!" semantics.
And on another note. This level of bodyfat can only be held for a few hours and takes a lot of time and patience to get it just right for a shoot like that. Granted, he'll still look amazing most of the time. That peeled look (thin skin) is near impossible to achieve and almost purely genetic, and truly impossible to maintain.
Quote:
I think most of us realize that it still takes a lot of work to look like that despite the juice.
Yea I have much respect for his dedication. Gear makes it easier but it's still insane work and he's done it very well. The best imo
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #143
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldE View Post
I'll let you guys in on a little secret.
All the gear in the world won't make you look like that without a serious devotion to diet and exercise.
So give up the "He uses though!" semantics.
And on another note. This level of bodyfat can only be held for a few hours and takes a lot of time and patience to get it just right for a shoot like that. Granted, he'll still look amazing most of the time. That peeled look (thin skin) is near impossible to achieve and almost purely genetic, and truly impossible to maintain.
I know this lol. I don't care if people use anyway.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #144
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I know this lol. I don't care if people use anyway.
Neither do I. I just find it necessary to point out that when new/fairly new lifters come to the forum with a target "body type" in mind, I think it's important for them to know what is realistic from a natural perspective and what isn't (..ex: Both of the body types that dom wants to achieve require gear to get there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by domcreates View Post
Yea I have much respect for his dedication. Gear makes it easier but it's still insane work and he's done it very well. The best imo
That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion (..there are many other guys on gear who look MUCH better than Jeff), but everybody has a different pair of eyes.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 02-21-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Auto-save 1361465695
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #145
DylloS

Quote:
Neither do I. I just find it necessary to point out that when new/fairly new lifters come to the forum with a target "body type" in mind, I think it's important for them to know what is realistic from a natural perspective and what isn't (..ex: Both of the body types that dom wants to achieve require gear to get there).

That's a bit of a stretch in my opinion (..there are many other guys on gear who look MUCH better than Jeff), but everybody has a different pair of eyes.
I always wonder what people would look like if they didn't use vs when they do.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #146
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
I always wonder what people would look like if they didn't use vs when they do.
I'd wager that the guys who look good on gear would look good off of it, just different in terms of musculature/fullness/etc.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #147
DylloS

Quote:
I'd wager that the guys who look good on gear would look good off of it, just different in terms of musculature/fullness/etc.
yea figured the same. I'd love to see two identical twins do the exact same workout and diet and have one do steroids and the other stay natural. Someone make this happen and make a documentary out of it.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #148
DonaldE

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
yea figured the same. I'd love to see two identical twins do the exact same workout and diet and have one do steroids and the other stay natural. Someone make this happen and make a documentary out of it.
I think Kevin LeVrone is a pretty good example of this.
DonaldE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #149
domcreates
Banned User

Quote:

Yea it's all a matter of opinion. If I could have any body though that I have seen I would want the one of him and the skateboard, no ****.

The muscle size and veins are exactly what I would want. Others who have great physiques either are a little too skinny for my likes or too big.

IMO his is the best. Just my opinion
Old 04-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #150
domcreates
Banned User

that guys before and after picture happened to pop up on one of my FB pages I follow haha

Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #151
DylloS

Quote:
that guys before and after picture happened to pop up on one of my FB pages I follow haha

any idea what they claim the time frame is?
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #152
domcreates
Banned User

no they didn't say
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #153
domcreates
Banned User

current shot after easter break where I ate a bunch and didn't work out.

My current meal plan is eat whatever I want, as much as I want, as long as it is healthy food.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #154
domcreates
Banned User

195.8lbs.

and I think i'm giving up on my body fat % reading scale. It still says i'm at 16.5% body fat.

I do not think I have that high of a body fat %, but you professionals tell me. Where do you think i'm at with body fat %?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #155
DylloS

Quote:
current shot after easter break where I ate a bunch and didn't work out.

My current meal plan is eat whatever I want, as much as I want, as long as it is healthy food.
exactly what I do now

Quote:
195.8lbs.

and I think i'm giving up on my body fat % reading scale. It still says i'm at 16.5% body fat.

I do not think I have that high of a body fat %, but you professionals tell me. Where do you think i'm at with body fat %?
def think you're lower than 16%. I'd guess like 12 maybe even less.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #156
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
195.8lbs.

Quote:
def think you're lower than 16%. I'd guess like 12 maybe even less.
I really wouldn't wager a guess without seeing your lower body. That's a much bigger percentage of your mass.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #157
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
10-11%. you'll start seeing lower abdominal wall sub 10%.

and huh @rohde, if we were guessing his lean mass in lbs I'd agree but this is body fat %, technically I'm shredded if you just looked at my legs, on a male they are usually the first to be cut
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #158
rohde88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
10-11%. you'll start seeing lower abdominal wall sub 10%.

and huh @rohde, if we were guessing his lean mass in lbs I'd agree but this is body fat %, technically I'm shredded if you just looked at my legs, on a male they are usually the first to be cut
If he has tiny legs with no fat, thats a higher BF %
If he has huge legs with no fat, thats a lower %.

correct me if I'm wrong here...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #159
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
no theres nothing to correct when you say it like that (higher or lower), but you can't really get an accurate number % of bodyfat levels by looking at legs, as its one of the first places to get "shredded". Biggest tell tale signs are the stomach / oblique / lower back areas, especially when you get into the sub 15% level.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #160
rohde88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
no theres nothing to correct when you say it like that (higher or lower), but you can't really get an accurate number % of bodyfat levels by looking at legs, as its one of the first places to get "shredded". Biggest tell tale signs are the stomach / oblique / lower back areas, especially when you get into the sub 15% level.
Are we talking objective numbers or bro science?