E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
The official lawsuit against NY....

Just thought you guys would be interested in reading this.

http://www.nysrpa.org/files/SAFENoticeOfClaim.pdf

Will be the next Heller case IMHO. This case will shape gun legislation. If NY loses, great, but if they win, watch out. Who thinks this will end up in the USSC?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
It'll likely go to a federal appeals court, but I don't see it going to SCOTUS. If a federal appeals court decides that the original Heller and subsequent McDonald cases apply, theoretically it can't go any higher.
However, the caveat is that the courts need to decide it that way for it to be put to rest.

I hope this BS is repealed, because several states are copying it. CT copied, and here in MN a libtard just proposed it (doubtful it'll pass in MN, we are a pretty pro-gun state). If it is repealed, Cuomo and the liberal smacktards will be completely embarrassed, and every state that followed them will look like the dumbshits that they are.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-01-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
i will be watching this one very closely
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
how do i cash in on this?
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I found a typo
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Sentaruu

i would love to be a part of a class action suit to sue the state for having my constitutional rights trampled. i am emotionally scarred.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #7
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i would love to be a part of a class action suit to sue the state for having my constitutional rights trampled. i am emotionally scarred.
There is no money involved, and since the lawsuit is for injunctive relief, a "class action" isn't needed. What they need is money for the case, which Im sure will be dragged out for quite some time.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
It'll likely go to a federal appeals court, but I don't see it going to SCOTUS. If a federal appeals court decides that the original Heller and subsequent McDonald cases apply, theoretically it can't go any higher.
However, the caveat is that the courts need to decide it that way for it to be put to rest.

I hope this BS is repealed, because several states are copying it. CT copied, and here in MN a libtard just proposed it (doubtful it'll pass in MN, we are a pretty pro-gun state). If it is repealed, Cuomo and the liberal smacktards will be completely embarrassed, and every state that followed them will look like the dumbshits that they are.
The good citizens of minnesota might be pro gun, but you're stuck with Al Franken and Amy Klobushar as your senators.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
No kidding. Fortunately they're at the national level and not state level. Wait- no, that sucks monkey balls too. Screw that.
Most state level reps and senators, even the DFL ones, tend to be pro-gun because of the hunting culture in our state. The problem is that we have Rochester (liberal doctors), Duluth (liberal college hippie city), Hennepin County (Minneapolis is full of liberal hipsters, GLBT, Mexicans, Somalis and Blacks), and Ramsey County (hipsters, Hmong and Blacks; all very liberal), which make up 1/2 of our state population. Most people from those areas are pretty liberal, so we could wind up eating this one.

Regardless of their positions, it would only make sense that other states considering doing what NY did should be waiting to see what the courts say before doing anything. If states act before a decision is made, they could be setting themselves up for massive lawsuits later. But then and again, I welcome monetary lawsuits against any state that goes against 2A.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 02-01-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
NFRs2000nyc

New development.....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...onstitutional/
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
nice! I was feeling pretty ok about Cuomo until this gun nonsense started.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
NFRs2000nyc

I was never a fan of Cuomo. He's an agenda pusher, and I don't like agenda pushers.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
Sentaruu

as a hard working NYS employee. i was never a fan of cuomo. between him and the last idiot we had in office i've never seen more tax dollars wasted by state run operations and state govt. policies. and he very clearly has an agenda against state employees. he wants us gone. and when he talks about budget cuts and reducing state spending, it usually means layoffs. but what he doesnt tell you is that they hire contractors to replace the state workers typically costing 2-3x more because the job still needs to get done. and in my agency they are trying to close a large facility because it "costs too much". however they are purchasing smaller properties that they can operate out of and do the same job but it costs 4x more $$ to maintain and operate out of these locations. but it makes the state look better so who gives a shit right?