E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
I have yet to find any party that claims a lion's share of what I believe to be the right mindset.
I know what you mean... A few years back I ran across a PC program called "Political Plotter"... You could choose a short, medium or long range of questions. The longer you went the more accurate it was supposed to be. I am an independent but after going the long route on the program... It said I was more in tune with the Libertarian. The only issue with them is that they have few candidates that wore head gear during the big game! They do not come across well.

You could always go LaRouche! He runs from a jail cell every election cycle... But his followers are always outside of the DMV trying to get him elected.

Maybe we should do the Bimmer Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
You don't outgrow stupid.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #22
nardog

My Ride: e34, totaled e46
A big issue for me is that people make up their minds on an issue before they are exposed to facts and the opposite argument.

The american political culture is very paradoxical

Conservatives tend to support military spending, while not supporting welfare spending

Liberals do not tend to support military spending, but support welfare spending

There are many other contradictions that the parties make on their platforms, and after a while I got sick of it and now what people would consider is a libertarian
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #23
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnardi View Post
A big issue for me is that people make up their minds on an issue before they are exposed to facts and the opposite argument.

i totally agree with you here. even worse is when their argument has no basis in fact or reality.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
i totally agree with you here. even worse is when their argument has no basis in fact or reality.
I am sure those on the other side say exactly the same thing.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
badfast

My Ride: A Car
I hate labels. I also can't stand people that constantly define others by labels. American politics is unique--there can be a marriage of many ideas. And all those ideas don't have to conform to any set ideology.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #26
330iPilot

My Ride: Titanium Silver 330i
Here's a label for ya. You're ghey!
330iPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
I like guns. I approve of the death penalty. I appreciate a strong military. I believe people should keep their noses out of other people's sex lives and reproductive decisions. I believe hungry americans should be fed before brown people in other countries are bombed. I believe corporate welfare is a bigger problem than food stamps.

I am a flaming liberal - just ask any modern republican.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #28
330iPilot

Hungry Americans? When was the last time you stood outside a welfare office and took a gander at all of the plus 300 pounder fat asses getting their gubermint assistance?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnardi View Post

The american political culture is very paradoxical

Conservatives tend to support military spending, while not supporting welfare spending

Liberals do not tend to support military spending, but support welfare spending

There are many other contradictions that the parties make on their platforms, and after a while I got sick of it and now what people would consider is a libertarian
Spending needs to decrease in general. Both military and welfare.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #30
330iPilot

We could easily decrease military spending without hurting our defense level at all. Bureaucracy is out of control and there are too many that sit around doing nothing. Sometimes I think the military is an extension of the welfare system. The procurement process is way too complex and is in dire need of streamlining.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iPilot View Post
We could easily decrease military spending without hurting our defense level at all. Bureaucracy is out of control and there are too many that sit around doing nothing. Sometimes I think the military is an extension of the welfare system. The procurement process is way too complex and is in dire need of streamlining.
I've heard this time and time again from military personnel themselves.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #32
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
We have an extremely streamlined acquisitions organization.

It routinely gets blasted as a "black hole of wasted money."
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Anyone who even utters something like "hungry American" is extremely detached for reality. It is also not the role of government to feed the hungry. We do that just fine on our own. Bombing people and feeding people have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I used to be a conservative because I didn't care much about social issues when I was younger. Now that I am older, I still don't care about social issues, but do believe the government (and its money) should be kept out of it, so I "label" myself as a libertarian.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Personally speaking, I can't stand republicans OR democrats.

Republicans : oppress gays, ban abortion regardless of the societal impact, and proclaim to spend less money
Democrats : preach doing whatever the f*ck you want and placing the bill at the foot of the rich

Both are extremely flawed. Let gays f*ck one another, let people abort unwanted children, spend less money than you take in, and encourage people to take responsibility for themselves. Whatever the hell you want to label it, that's what I am.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #35
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Hungry Americans? When was the last time you stood outside a welfare office and took a gander at all of the plus 300 pounder fat asses getting their gubermint assistance?
Doesn't it cost lees to eat unhealthy than it does to eat healthy? What exactly are you trying to say? Although I agree that welfare is out of control, I don't exactly follow what you're trying to say.

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #36
NFRs2000nyc

I don't know what's so puzzling about his statement, but what he is saying is;

1) There are no hungry people in America.

2) It is impossible to starve in America.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #37
NFRs2000nyc

Healthy eating is just something people who have plenty to eat came up with.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I don't know what's so puzzling about his statement, but what he is saying is;

1) There are no hungry people in America.

2) It is impossible to starve in America.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #39
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
The whole "people starving in the streets" narrative is woefully false.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #40
Lair

If it is false, it's because they receive food stamps and other government aid that you republicans hate so much.

Quote:
Congratulations.