E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #61
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Not to sound like a dick to some of you saying you would have drawn your gun on the guy, but in NC, that's possibly a felony and at a minimum brandishing of a firearm. It's questionable what "I'll give you 20 seconds to run" meant. Certainly it wasn't a threat of deadly force so pulling a handgun out in response to the statement is unreasonable. Now personally, I would have lifted my shirt to indicate I have a firearm, but never would I have drawn my firearm on the person. Just a thought for some.
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #62
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
Not to sound like a dick to some of you saying you would have drawn your gun on the guy, but in NC, that's possibly a felony and at a minimum brandishing of a firearm. It's questionable what "I'll give you 20 seconds to run" meant. Certainly it wasn't a threat of deadly force so pulling a handgun out in response to the statement is unreasonable. Now personally, I would have lifted my shirt to indicate I have a firearm, but never would I have drawn my firearm on the person. Just a thought for some.
I'd take that as a threat, and would have taken my chances against someone who has already robbed me and is now articulating a pretty clear threat.

He's obviously not giving out candy.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #63
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Quote:
Do you know what the guy said to op? It's like telling you " i'll give you 20 seconds to run, or I'll harm you & your family. " You wouldn't respond to that? Good luck to you, Ryan.
always-there is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #64
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
What does "I would have cleared leather" mean?
I wouldn't draw in this situation. I would only ever draw if I was going to shoot and I would sure as hell not shoot this guy just for what he said.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #65
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM-E46 Enthusiast View Post
Do you know what the guy said to op? It's like telling you " i'll give you 20 seconds to run, or I'll harm you & your family. " You wouldn't respond to that? Good luck to you, Ryan.
What would you have done? Shot him in his face, taken your phone, and walked away?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #66
always-there

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330I
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
What would you have done? Shot him in his face, taken your phone, and walked away?
1. I never lend out my IPhone to strangers.
2. I never leave my wife go alone to any store if I can help it.
3. If the guy were to insult me I would ignore him, unless he chooses to engage physically.
4. If a stranger is willing to hurt you, you fight back and stop him from harming you & your family, at all costs. Even if it means you have to shoot the man. The threats the guy made aren't to be taken lightly. Op had his wife with him, I know for a fact the last thing I want is my family to be anywhere near a conflict if I happen to be engaged in one to defend them. You be a man, and defend what you cherish. What about you, Peyton?
always-there is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #67
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
This reminds me of something that happened to me in downtown Austin, a guy asked to use my phone, I pulled my jacket back to my glock, hand on phone that was in case thing hooked to belt, I paused, looked at him and asked if he still wanted to use my phone. No words, He just walked away......

Before anyone thinks I showed my weapon, I just went to grab phone, which revealed the glocks handle a bit..

Sent from my EVO using Bimmer App

Last edited by InDiGlOM3; 02-03-2013 at 08:25 PM.
InDiGlOM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #68
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #69
Ynot

My Ride: 997
You live and learn, growing up in the hood makes you smarter when it comes to situation like this. I would had told him, my phone is out of battery. I would never give a stranger my phone. Wouldn't even dial for him, pretty much just tell him to fock off nicely with an excuse. This is what I am afraid of with my kids, they will never have this type of street smart. They are going to grow up thinking everyone is honest.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #70
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by udm-e46 enthusiast View Post
1. I never lend out my iphone to strangers.
2. I never leave my wife go alone to any store if i can help it.
3. If the guy were to insult me i would ignore him, unless he chooses to engage physically.
4. If a stranger is willing to hurt you, you fight back and stop him from harming you & your family, at all costs. Even if it means you have to shoot the man. The threats the guy made aren't to be taken lightly. Op had his wife with him, i know for a fact the last thing i want is my family to be anywhere near a conflict if i happen to be engaged in one to defend them. You be a man, and defend what you cherish. What about you, peyton?
+1

^Driving this car makes me a homosexual
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #71
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM-E46 Enthusiast View Post
1. I never lend out my IPhone to strangers.
2. I never leave my wife go alone to any store if I can help it.
3. If the guy were to insult me I would ignore him, unless he chooses to engage physically.
4. If a stranger is willing to hurt you, you fight back and stop him from harming you & your family, at all costs. Even if it means you have to shoot the man. The threats the guy made aren't to be taken lightly. Op had his wife with him, I know for a fact the last thing I want is my family to be anywhere near a conflict if I happen to be engaged in one to defend them. You be a man, and defend what you cherish. What about you, Peyton?
The dude was in his car. Sorry but if the police show up gun in your hand, and the guy is laying dead in his car seat with his belt buckled, you're in trouble. Not him. Especially with any security tape showing you handing him the phone.
If any harm was done to this guy, OP would've lost in court. Simple as that.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #72
Noreaster33

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Lol yeah fake pull a gun are you stupid? If i had a gun and i felt threatend i would pull it not fake pull a gun lol that may be the dumbest thing ive ever heard what if he is armed and he pulls his gun and you have your hand in your shirt looking for your fake gun you were gonna pull smh morons
Noreaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #73
Noreaster33

My Ride: 2001 330ci
You should have not been a girl and take control of the situation and knock the punk out
Noreaster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #74
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Who is talking about shooting anyone.
It's real easy to identify those in this thread that have never held, carried or owned a gun.

"Clearing/breaking leather" does not mean shooting anyone or even pointing a gun at anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #75
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
I only let people I can out run barrow my phone.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #76
mkodama

In general, if someone you don't know tells you they "need" something that you can't see for yourself, chances are there is something wrong about the situation.

mkodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #77
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Who is talking about shooting anyone.
It's real easy to identify those in this thread that have never held, carried or owned a gun.

"Clearing/breaking leather" does not mean shooting anyone or even pointing a gun at anyone.
Yeah me not knowing what a term is means I don't own and have never held a firearm. Makes sense
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #78
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Yeah me not knowing what a term is means I don't own and have never held a firearm. Makes sense
Well if you own a gun let alone carry one and don't know what position 2 of a draw looks like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #79
peytonracer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Well if you own a gun let alone carry one and don't know what position 2 of a draw looks like...
Nope. I know how to draw a gun. I don't break it down intro however many steps... Why is that necessary?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #80
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Not sure if SRS.....if "I'll give you 20 seconds to run" isn't considered a threat that would put a person in fear for their life, I don't know what is.