E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #41
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_m3 View Post
Buy a glock 23 this will take care of your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloArchive View Post
Yep, Should have drawn on that asshole.
And then what, take him hostage all the way to the ATM?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #42
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Image View Post
I also have no front plate. (Im on maryland tags) and my car is lowered on coils. My friend recently got a repair order for being slammed and i just dont want to run into a cop with poor judgement. So that is why i didnt call the police right away. Also seeing some of these comments and based off the brief description of my car, im waiting for the "sell your car" comments. But really, still deciding how im going to approach my moms neighborhood next time i visit.
guess what, OP?
YOU have poor judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #43
Fatal_Image

My Ride: 330i Zhp
All of you are being dumbasses, hardasses to say the least, no im not going to get out and fight a 45 year old redneck who most likely will try pulling a gun on me. The hairline crack is literally a quarter of an inch long and within the glass. Im not going to PMS about that you fvcktards.

The dude heard me coming down the street now that i think back, so he got ready to approach my car. And no - i did not try and hit the guy.

Front plate ticket is 70 bucks and i dont have a bracket, i have the euro style one-piece molding. Repair order for exhaust plus sign-off by inspection is energy and easily $100+ for labor; Im pretty low, no wheel gap whatsoever, just lost a mtech2 splitter hitting a pothole. More incentive for a cop to write me a repair order for suspension if not on top of the other things. Raising my suspension is more time and energy and money for a pointless inspection. Plus no state inspection will sign off on coils as its technically not oem, thus forcing me to put on my stock zhp suspension, which i dont even have anymore.

A cop believing a pissed off exaggerative redneck about me distrubing the nieghborhood with my exhaust = his word over mine which = money out of my pocket. A cop will give two shits about a hairline crack i have no proof was caused by his punch (which it was), all of you are being straight idiots.

Regardless, i myself am curious to see what he will do next, because i know he's expecting me again, and i will be driving past him in the next week or two.
Fatal_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #44
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
if it wasn't a big enough deal to call the police then, they aren't going to care if you call them later. now nothing is going to be done.

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #45
Fatal_Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
if it wasn't a big enough deal to call the police then, they aren't going to care if you call them later. now nothing is going to be done.
ok?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #46
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
All of you are being dumbasses, hardasses to say the least, no im not going to get out and fight a 45 year old redneck who most likely will try pulling a gun on me. The hairline crack is literally a quarter of an inch long and within the glass. Im not going to PMS about that you fvcktards.

The dude heard me coming down the street now that i think back, so he got ready to approach my car. And no - i did not try and hit the guy.

Front plate ticket is 70 bucks and i dont have a bracket, i have the euro style one-piece molding. Repair order for exhaust plus sign-off by inspection is energy and easily $100+ for labor; Im pretty low, no wheel gap whatsoever, just lost a mtech2 splitter hitting a pothole. More incentive for a cop to write me a repair order for suspension if not on top of the other things. Raising my suspension is more time and energy and money for a pointless inspection. Plus no state inspection will sign off on coils as its technically not oem, thus forcing me to put on my stock zhp suspension, which i dont even have anymore.

A cop believing a pissed off exaggerative redneck about me distrubing the nieghborhood with my exhaust = his word over mine which = money out of my pocket. A cop will give two shits about a hairline crack i have no proof was caused by his punch (which it was), all of you are being straight idiots.

Regardless, i myself am curious to see what he will do next, because i know he's expecting me again, and i will be driving past him in the next week or two.
doesn't a drivers permit require you to drive with a parent? what did you dad have to say about it? i assume he was in the passengers seat.

wait... you are 15 right?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #47
peytonracer4

Quote:
ok?
he's trying to say, why in the hell did you make a thread to bitch about this event when you do not take the steps required to fix it?
yeah, i felt bad for you because this guys sounds like a dick and it shouldn't have happened.
however you did not take the steps to fix it. it could've been 100% fixed if you had the balls to use your phone and dial 3 specific numbers.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #48
Fatal_Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
doesn't a drivers permit require you to drive with a parent? what did you dad have to say about it? i assume he was in the passengers seat.

wait... you are 15 right?
ok so, let me get this straight. youre mad because of what i didnt do, which was call the cops like an insecure blonde? Im more worried about what this guys next move is, but somehow YOURE upset that i refused to call the police immediately. Yet, im the one who gets the irrelevant 15-year old comment from you, that totally came out of left field? makes sense dude.

figures you wouldnt know anything about running into issues with a modified car. best of luck selling your pos stock 00 328i bro
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #49
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:

Hmmm. So everyone else is wrong and only you are right. Time to take off the blindfolds.

If none of these issues are of real concern, and you obviously don't care to rectify any of it - what the hell was the point of making this thread, other than to show your ignorance?

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #50
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

holy ****
go die in a fire, OP
why the hell did you even bother to make a thread ... and ASK FOR ADVICE? if you're going to act like a little bitch and not listen to anything we have to say?
(of course filter out people who say go run over the guy or hammer his face)

Quote:

Old 02-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #51
Fatal_Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg2247 View Post
Hmmm. So everyone else is wrong and only you are right. Time to take off the blindfolds.

If none of these issues are of real concern, and you obviously don't care to rectify any of it - what the hell was the point of making this thread, other than to show your ignorance?
ha please i think 2 or 3 ppl at most in this thread have been helpful. i never said that only i am right and everyone else is wrong, please dont start twisting my words. Im ignorant because i dont want to run into issues with a cop who i know wont take my word? its not that easy to slap off an exhaust, put on the oem one, raise the coil sleeves, buy new bracket to rock a front plate. Easier said than done, especially when its just to make a phone call to tell the cops a dude allegedly punched my car.

regardless, eventually cops will be called since i know this guy will flip again next time i drive by him. so peoples pantys up in a bunch about me not calling the cops will eventually be relieved. -update on me calling the cops? i dont know when, but itll happen eventually im sure of it. thats if the redneck goes haywire again because my exhaust.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #52
anerbe

My Ride: 335 Sedan
Nut up or shut up.

I would have called the cops. If it didn't go my way, I would have followed him home, find out where he lives, and break some glass.

Then borrow your friends car (if you have any) to take to your moms until you change cars.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #53
Fatal_Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
Nut up or shut up.

I would have called the cops. If it didn't go my way, I would have followed him home, find out where he lives, and break some glass.

Then borrow your friends car (if you have any) to take to your moms until you change cars.
great more idiots like you in this thread. it wouldnt have gone my way thats a fact, so no, i would be more rational than to break his glass while he runs to his closet to get his shotgun, if not, plot my death. And yea im going to borrow my friends car to visit my mom and disabled brother, EVERYTIME. smart advice you give.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #54
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

Quote:
ha please i think 2 or 3 ppl at most in this thread have been helpful. i never said that only i am right and everyone else is wrong, please dont start twisting my words. Im ignorant because i dont want to run into issues with a cop who i know wont take my word? its not that easy to slap off an exhaust, put on the oem one, raise the coil sleeves, buy new bracket to rock a front plate. Easier said than done, especially when its just to make a phone call to tell the cops a dude allegedly punched my car.

regardless, eventually cops will be called since i know this guy will flip again next time i drive by him. so peoples pantys up in a bunch about me not calling the cops will eventually be relieved. -update on me calling the cops? i dont know when, but itll happen eventually im sure of it. thats if the redneck goes haywire again because my exhaust.
you're ignorant because you're ignorant

shut the f up about the exhaust
it does not matter if your exhaust makes babies bleed from their ears
the neighbor has no right to punch your car and damage it
and how do you KNOW the cop won't take your word?
forget it
just go around being scared because of your loud exhaust

Quote:

Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #55
hizhinezz

My Ride: 01 330i
(Long reply here as authored during my annual 45 minute post Super Bowl dump. And yes feel honored for getting all of this very quality time.)

1. You made the right move in not confronting further, nothing to gain but macho points and if it comes down to your word against it always looks worse for stopping and getting out of your car because you didn't have to. A court will tilt against you every time if there is a fight or worse; stopping and getting out reads like instigation; also, all the heroes on here forget to consider that your MOTHER lives on this street and may have to deal with any fallout. You kick his ass and drive home happy and then he attacks your mom or burns her house down or cuts her brakes... I'll trade my Randy Savage image points for not risking my mom any further every single time. That's actually job no. 1, do what's best for your mother.

2. So, you typically have 24-48 hours dependent upon jurisdiction to file a police report. I would throw on my front plate (just so obvious it could buy you a ticket in the parking lot) and take a bunch of pictures of your damage, and then go file a report. If this guy is as stupid as you make him sound its likely he's got a record and that's in your favor, of course. The cops are not going to come listen to your pipes or measure your coils, in fact if you take good enough pics you don't have to even bring your car (can say you were concerned it was illegal to drive with broken window - only downside is they may ask to see for themselves but you're filing a legal report so good bet it will be taken seriously even if you do not bring the car). Now personally heres where I'd also fudge the story a little bit in my favor both because you can (f him he's a d*ckhead) and to save yourself grief (priority no. 2 after taking care of mom). I'd leave out the noise complaint on his part altogether and say you couldn't understand what he was saying and that he yelled at you for "tearing in and out of here all the time in your BMW." Firstly this eliminates the noise complaint (eliminating the scrutiny and giving you time to swap back to oem until it's all settled, if you care to I wouldn't, they're not going to check, even if you have no exhaust he has no right to attack you and isn't arbiter of what's too loud or what isn't) and second it makes him look like a jealous dbag who is merely hating on a younger guy in a nice car (even more believable and sounds like the actual situation anyway). You of course claim that you never speed there (I mean my mom lives on this street and there are kids everywhere!) and you have no clue otherwise... all you can think is that he didnt like your car or something (truth). Emphasize that you went out of your way to stop for him only he provoked the entire situation by approaching you to the extent you were concerned about hitting him if you moved. Don't be afraid to "gild the lily" and polish up your side of it as this increases the likelihood that they will pursue it at all. Even if you should have stopped and didn't and were actually at fault, he has no right to damage your property. He could have stood in front of your car and begged you for a fair fight, so regardless, he broke it he fixes it. File in the complaint for the full value of a replacement part (most expensive price you can find plus $100) and also list your insurance deductible, but make it clear you want the full amount as claiming the deductible will negatively impact your driving record even if he is at fault. Suppose you get in an accident a year from now and once again it is he said she said. Having this listed will hurt your case so, you'd prefer for it not to be.

Some might question my ethics here for playing up your side of the story a bit but when it comes down to it, even if you pissed on this guy's front lawn he has no right to break your car and he 100% should be paying every cent of it, plus some inconvenience IMHO. Those who said stop and fight might think its weak to drive off without kicking some azz then tattle to the cops but even if beating him now wins you man points it always comes back to haunt you, even if its just worrying about your moms safety, you made the right move (of course if he does threaten your mom consider going to his house and shooting him in the face and then driving to Canada quickly). Another upside to going the legal route is now there is a record of his actions. If he did threaten or even harass your mother, the evidence is already there of a history, and honestly that's the main reason you have to go report it. You can go kick his ass later this week and claim that once again he started it by provoking you the lawful citizen who teied to do the right thing. (lol) Or what if he starts giving your mother grief? This gives you and her all the legal leverage, you attempted to go the correct route from the get go and now there's a legal history of his ongoing harassment, and given the circumstances I don't think this is altogether unlikely either, so do it for your mom too.

3. Now for some fun. Well after all is said and done and he's paid or at the least take an uncomfortable call from the police (and you know his name and address and something about his character, like if he's a raging psychopath and has tons of arrests [perhaps just best to move on] or he's a fat jerk with no life and no leg to stand on [drive him to suicide] or if his brother is chief of police [dont get caught or go too big]) think of a suitable manner of extracting your revenge, a method through which, and a sufficient amount of time down the road, where you will not necessarily be the immediate suspect. Wear gloves regardless of your plan: send him a male stripogram when he has company; put sugar in his car's gas tank in the middle of the night; take a dump in a shoebox and mail it to him with a typed note calling him a c*cksucker; poison his dog or cat; or even firebomb his house while he's at work.

I'd personally adjust the seriousness of my actions based on his response to your police report. If he's sorry and pays and leaves your mom alone, maybe just the shoebox of shite or send him a dozen large pizzas some night. If he puts up a big fight and you end up in small claims and he lies and insults you, take care of his pickup or put an end to poor helpless Spot (probably doing the dog a favor, and before anyone says anything I am a pet lover and if someone hurt mine I'd go the glock+facial route, but his dog is probably useless and mean anyways). If by chance he threatens your mom or sufficiently fd with you, to a great extent, keep an eye out and then when he's out of town burn his house to the ground, being careful not to make it dangerous for first responders or neighbors (hopefully he lives in a standalone sufficiently far away from his neighbors, if not torch his truck instead). You make it safe for everyone by using so much accelerant that it is gone in moments and no firefighter or random hero runs in trying to save anyone who might be there ( and you've of course ascertained upfront that no one in fact is there).

Ok so, some might say that's all weak and sneaky but it's all about self preservation and just desserts. This guy fd with you for no reason (if original story is true) and now he gets the raw end in as deserving a fashion aa deserving and possible. I've never personally burned someone's house down or poisoned their pet or even harmed their vehicle (without them in it, lol) but why f yourself over when really you can just f him and make him miserable. Hurt him but dont hurt you. If you're a Christian or something I guess you can skip the revenge part, I've actually opted for another route, subscribing the guy for free gay porn mags and advertising for random sex on Craigslist etc. use your imagination, this can be long in the planning and very cathartic, especially if you have other stresses in life. Make him hurt, always better if psychologically scarring vs physical. Physical wounds heal after all.

Go to the cops, get your money, make sure your mom never has to deal with ANY BS and then to whatever degree necessary f with his life. Make sure you don't get splattered in the least, even in terms if having to deal with grief from your mom for any of it.

But whatever you do, don't just take it, because you don't have to. I wouldn't (unless my mom knew about the whole thing and asked me not to and then I'd just wait a year or so and begin anonymously harassing him mercilessly, say by publically advertising for NAMBLA under his name and address [using a public computer that can't be traced to you, say at Kinkos using an anonymous untraceable gift card or credit/calling card).

Have fun and get yours.

Last edited by hizhinezz; 02-04-2013 at 03:22 AM.
hizhinezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #56
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
^You said it best and had the patience to write what I couldn't be bothered to. Lol.

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #57
peytonracer4

Quote:
ok so, let me get this straight. youre mad because of what i didnt do, which was call the cops like an insecure blonde? Im more worried about what this guys next move is, but somehow YOURE upset that i refused to call the police immediately. Yet, im the one who gets the irrelevant 15-year old comment from you, that totally came out of left field? makes sense dude.

figures you wouldnt know anything about running into issues with a modified car. best of luck selling your pos stock 00 328i bro
that POS "stock" 328 has won more racing evens than you will win in your life. my modifications aren't there to impress all my "bros" they're there for fast times.
sorry i don't have a fart can and stickers so everyone thinks i'm a tool.

everyone in this thread thinks you're an idiot. calling the cops doesn't make you a girl. it takes care of the situation. going home crying and making a thread about it makes you a girl. you should have handled the situation as it occurred rather than running away and cry.

look dude, for your sake, i hope you're 15. because if you're not, you're a fvcking moron who needs to either get an education and stop making threads about your lack of balls, or get a job working at mcdonalds and stop making threads about your lack of balls.
your choice

i'm not telling you to beat the guy down. that would be really bad for him and you. i'm telling you to handle the situation as it is presented to you. if you ever want to grow up and be a man, you're going to need to learn how to do that.

i hope you can sort through the insults i gave you and actually find some advice in my post.

oh PS: if you think my 328 is so POS i will challenge you to a race. your choice of track as long as it's somewhat local to me. i don't care. $5k on the line. whoever can post the fastest time gets $5k from the other participant. [no r spec tires]
you gonna take that challenge with your fart can and stickers?

Last edited by peytonracer4; 02-04-2013 at 03:33 AM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #58
Fatal_Image

Thanks for that hizhinez. someone who uses critical thinking and rationalization technique on this forum. Thankful i dont live in the neighborhood or else things would have escalated at a higher rate. im considering ripping it past him next time i go there but that would be a huge idiotic move for me to instigate like that. Im mainly wondering if he did call me in, and im also wondering to whats going to happen next when i do go back up there. im trying to prevent as much confrontation as i can. Its my fvcking car set to my fvcking liking, and i dont need to deal with spending time and energy into returning it to stock if i dont need to, all because of one lunatic.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #59
peytonracer4

Quote:
Thanks for that hizhinez. someone who uses critical thinking and rationalization technique on this forum. Thankful i dont live in the neighborhood or else things would have escalated at a higher rate. im considering ripping it past him next time i go there but that would be a huge idiotic move for me to instigate like that. Im mainly wondering if he did call me in, and im also wondering to whats going to happen next when i do go back up there. im trying to prevent as much confrontation as i can. Its my fvcking car set to my fvcking liking, and i dont need to deal with spending time and energy into returning it to stock if i dont need to, all because of one lunatic.
in all seriousness, if he was sitting in his house and he called you in for a loud exhaust there's about a 3% chance of the police actually showing up. they've got bigger fish to fry.

the only time the police will bust you for a modification is if they're stopping you for another infraction.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:38 AM   #60
E46Snowball

My Ride: 330i
6 speed
E46Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote