E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #101
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Don't know if this was mentioned but wouldn't it be easier to drop an m3 engine in an xi?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #102
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Just from doing a quick scrolling through this thread it appears the only ones bullying Mert were us Americans. And now he won't share which, if completed, might possibly be the most dominating e46 street driven chassis the world will see for quite some time with us. There are stereotypes for a reason.

Best of luck to your build Mert, would LOVE to see an AWD e46 give an UGR lambo a run for its money some day.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #103
Littleturbo

My Ride: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Just from doing a quick scrolling through this thread it appears the only ones bullying Mert were us Americans.

Best of luck to your build Mert, would LOVE to see an AWD e46 give an UGR lambo a run for its money some day.
That is why a lot of people from Europe will not post on US forums .
Littleturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #104
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
Don't know if this was mentioned but wouldn't it be easier to drop an m3 engine in an xi?
check my post just before yours
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #105
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTurbo View Post
check my post just before yours
Gotcha
Old 03-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #106
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
nooo please share with us. I was soo looking forward to how this was going to turn out.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #107
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Well Im gonna go a little off topic and post an opinion as a person who has read and learned a few things about power adding members over the last decade.

Mert you should stay, you have been sponsor on the forum, got us all into a charade years ago with the "free" fiberdesign turbo kit, have been banned here more than I can count and truly to this day I know and believe you have PASSION for this platform and engine or you would not be sharing it with us. If you want out, Id be more than glad to ban you forever how long that forever really is.

Most of us has gotten over after hearing your genuine apologies and some still find you the biggest troll which is natural I guess. Your thoughts on double standards here on the forum regarding arguments I try to dissolve do bother me as I try to keep this place as exciting as possible without the excess crap and slander that gets thrown around. All sides are quite very strong and can take the hit and still dish it out, something you see it unfair as I hate to moderate grown men and sponsors over things that fly over my head.

Even though it seems like you are ..how do I say this..bi-polar on the posts you post sometimes lashing out, sometimes being very cooperative and innovative, I understand you.. again, passion to pushing your car to its limits and you need atleast an audience to see your work.

this is e46fanatics, we are probably the harshest critics..the legless men who yell at runners. We dont have this picture made up for nothing.

its your work, dont take it to heart, for every 5 critics who hate your work at curse at you there might be that one person who will be driven by your work and even celebrate your success.

anyways good luck on your stuff as you never cease to surprise me with your quest to have e46 fame.

I just hope you think about it.

"I catch you in my dreams, just me and you. But you seem confused, I'm not trying to break the rules.
So why do you feel the way that you do? So why do you feel the way that you do?"

2014 LA Autoshow FB Gallery
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #108
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleturbo View Post
That is why a lot of people from Europe will not post on US forums .
It's kind of funny too, because we think we're hot sh*t, then come to find out people over in Europe have been running faster times than us years ago and we're too ignorant to recognize it.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #109
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
No one bullied anyone, people simply asked why the thread title was deceptive- In fact I complimented the build several times as did most everyone else.

If Mert wants to take his ball and go home, that his his business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Just from doing a quick scrolling through this thread it appears the only ones bullying Mert were us Americans. And now he won't share which, if completed, might possibly be the most dominating e46 street driven chassis the world will see for quite some time with us. There are stereotypes for a reason.

Brevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #110
SexiPYm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Shut Up already with all the comments that don't pertain to this build. All these same ass comments about the post being misleading. OK. Its been said, shut up and move on. But how many times are you guys going to say the same thing!!!? Geez. This is great work, so I definitely want to see the outcome of this. It was stated by one person that it was a bit misleading, so Mert got the chance to read that. Going on and on and on and on again about it isn't doing anything but adding more non sense to an incredible thread. Let it go already!
SexiPYm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #111
Brevik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 View Post
Shut Up already with all the comments that don't pertain to this build. All these same ass comments about the post being misleading. OK. Its been said, shut up and move on. But how many times are you guys going to say the same thing!!!? Geez. This is great work, so I definitely want to see the outcome of this. It was stated by one person that it was a bit misleading, so Mert got the chance to read that. Going on and on and on and on again about it isn't doing anything but adding more non sense to an incredible thread. Let it go already!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #112
Saad @ Saad Racing
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 View Post
Lets put some things into context here. Mert came onto my thread and posted things that were just not true. When I told him it wasn't true he persisted. On this thread someone points out that the statement AWD M3 is not correct and Mert starts crying like a school girl. "He who casts stone should not live in glass houses"

Though I applaud his effort in this build, I personally think it will not work to his expectations. That does not mean he should not try and of course he could always prove me wrong by going out and running an 8 second pass, I just think that there is a better chance of seeing pigs fly, but that's just my opinion.

So lets just call a pig a pig here. This is a AWD 3 series with and S54 swap. We have another member on this forum that is putting an LSX into an M3, which should be a very cool Swap, but I have not heard him call it a ZO6.

My opinion Mert is for you to keep posting, but be more mindful of making only true statements, and grow a thicker skin.
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #113
SexiPYm3

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing View Post
Lets put some things into context here. Mert came onto my thread and posted things that were just not true. When I told him it wasn't true he persisted. On this thread someone points out that the statement AWD M3 is not correct and Mert starts crying like a school girl. "He who casts stone should not live in glass houses"

Though I applaud his effort in this build, I personally think it will not work to his expectations. That does not mean he should not try and of course he could always prove me wrong by going out and running an 8 second pass, I just think that there is a better chance of seeing pigs fly, but that's just my opinion.

So lets just call a pig a pig here. This is a AWD 3 series with and S54 swap. We have another member on this forum that is putting an LSX into an M3, which should be a very cool Swap, but I have not heard him call it a ZO6.

My opinion Mert is for you to keep posting, but be more mindful of making only true statements, and grow a thicker skin.

Oh I do agree. Don't get me wrong, I too thought of a M3 converted to awd when I first read the thread. But I found out that it wasn't, and moved on from it. Posting this isn't a real m3 or similar comments wouldn't change the outcome. So let it go is all I'm saying. Calling Mert out of on his believed claims is cool. Mert likes to argue about similar things. But come on, bit*hing about the thread title a million times... lol. Lame

Last edited by SexiPYm3; 03-14-2013 at 03:26 PM.
SexiPYm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #114
Mr.Jack

This is why we can't have nice things.
Mr.Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #115
Twin_Turbo_S54

MachRS, when I read about your post it made sense and I ve been motivated one more time. Thank you.
All of your post except fiberdesing is correct and supportive.

Hung @ Fiberdesign received a complete E46 non M single-turbo kit but he went out of business during the same period. Even his boss, or the guy who did act as his boss
could not tell me where Hung was and what happened to my "free" turbo kit. Fiberdesign was a wrong choice for me to send a free kit. I ve paid for the kit, shipment in 2
days with DHL....but the guy disappeared.

There are members whos posts motivate me as well. Thank you as well.
Mr. X may call this Project a 3.23i turbo, or a bmw turbo or a 3500 cc turbo or name this Project anything he wants. Just call it looser sedan ugly black car...its oK.
In fact the name of the Project will not decrease my excitement.
Some may think this Project will not meet my time goals. Its also ok.

I ve come to 4,23 seconds in a couple of years. Each year went better, times improved. Last year, traction improved 0,4-0,5 seconds from 60 to 100 mph,
but we could not complete the 60-130 test due to snow.

With RWD, if I worked on M3 RWD, we could see 3,7 seconds 60-130 mph last year. These are all on highway where there is zero VHT.

I wanted some radical changes, lack of these changes were putting E46 M3 behind GTRs and 997 TTs. Now those changes are done and I pray GOD
that this M3 should cover 60-130 mph in under 3 seconds.

We are working very hard to get it on the road.
At the same time we are preparing another S54, the test mule will be a short stroke 86 mm stroke 10.000 rpm revving S54.
I ve been told that some of the fastest supra guys are still on 3.0 Litres and rev 10.500 rpm..

I cant imagine the sound of the S54 B30 @ 10.000 rpms.

E46 M3 Coupe Turbo 60-130 mph 4,2 seconds (2011)

Last edited by Twin_Turbo_S54; 03-14-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Twin_Turbo_S54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #116
Rob1796

My Ride: 2006 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by saad @ saad racing View Post
..lsx into an m3, which should be a very cool swap, but i have not heard him call it a zo6.
z046?

Last edited by Rob1796; 03-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Rob1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #117
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
I want to get on the plane to Istanbul to take a look when you are done if you don't mind!
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #118
Brevik

Glad you changed your mind, best of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo_S54 View Post
MachRS, when I read about your post it made sense and I ve been motivated one more time. Thank you.
All of your post except fiberdesing is correct and supportive.

Hung @ Fiberdesign received a complete E46 non M single-turbo kit but he went out of business during the same period. Even his boss, or the guy who did act as his boss
could not tell me where Hung was and what happened to my "free" turbo kit. Fiberdesign was a wrong choice for me to send a free kit. I ve paid for the kit, shipment in 2
days with DHL....but the guy disappeared.

There are members whos posts motivate me as well. Thank you as well.
Mr. X may call this Project a 3.23i turbo, or a bmw turbo or a 3500 cc turbo or name this Project anything he wants. Just call it looser sedan ugly black car...its oK.
In fact the name of the Project will not decrease my excitement.
Some may think this Project will not meet my time goals. Its also ok.

I ve come to 4,23 seconds in a couple of years. Each year went better, times improved. Last year, traction improved 0,4-0,5 seconds from 60 to 100 mph,
but we could not complete the 60-130 test due to snow.

With RWD, if I worked on M3 RWD, we could see 3,7 seconds 60-130 mph last year. These are all on highway where there is zero VHT.

I wanted some radical changes, lack of these changes were putting E46 M3 behind GTRs and 997 TTs. Now those changes are done and I pray GOD
that this M3 should cover 60-130 mph in under 3 seconds.

We are working very hard to get it on the road.
At the same time we are preparing another S54, the test mule will be a short stroke 86 mm stroke 10.000 rpm revving S54.
I ve been told that some of the fastest supra guys are still on 3.0 Litres and rev 10.500 rpm..

I cant imagine the sound of the S54 B30 @ 10.000 rpms.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #119
FragNasty

My Ride: Car
<snip/>

Last edited by FragNasty; 03-15-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Off Topic
FragNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #120
Hrvat

My Ride: 02 Imola Red M3
I checked this thread when it was first posted. I was going to say right away that car didn't look like M3 due to skinny tires in the back and swaybar bushings location but I decided to keep my mouth shut

PM ME FOR FREE SAMPLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoah View Post
so 2004 bmw's dont come with a diff?
Hrvat is offline   Reply With Quote