E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #101
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
I'd be MUCH more afraid of the cops. They are looking out for heir own safety first! Better believe it!

Serious
I wonder if there is a figure or a stat that breaks down who's bullets hit innocent bystanders in gunfights....seems like everything I read it's always the cops, never the baddie.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #102
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,497
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
Heres a picture of that truck in big bear.



UPDATE, 3:36 P.M.: KCAL9 has confirmed that Dorner is not in the truck.
UPDATE, 3:45 P.M.: The L.A. Times reports that authorities in Big Bear have spotted fresh tracks believed to be Dorner's and are combing the area for him.
__________________

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control
to be understanding and forgiving. A great man shows his greatness, by the way he treats little men."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #103
budman
-not a mod-
 
budman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: South Flo Rida
Posts: 31,567
My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Sounds like they're about search a house. You'd think they would have tactical channels to go to at some point.
__________________
-Gunnar
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #104
BreakfastBurrito
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 290
My Ride: stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Also, imagine what the drivers of Nissan Titan's will look like driving for the next month.
the new
__________________
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #105
Stankia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 55
My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
Quote:
I'm not an aspiring rapper, I'm not a gang member, I'm not a dope dealer, I don't have multiple babies momma's. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn't need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It's in my DNA.
From 2/05 to 1/09 I saw some of the most vile things humans can inflict on others as a police officer in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the streets of LA. It was in the confounds of LAPD police stations and shops (cruisers). The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it's the police officers.
Terminating officers because they expose a culture of lying, racism (from the academy), and excessive use of force will immediately change. PSB can not police their own and that has been proven. The blue line will forever be severed and a cultural change will be implanted. You have awoken a sleeping giant.
I am here to change and make policy. The culture of LAPD versus the community and honest/good officers needs to and will change. I am here to correct and calibrate your morale compasses to true north.
Citizens/non-combatants, do not render medical aid to downed officers/enemy combatants. They would not do the same for you. They will let you bleed out just so they can brag to other officers that they had a 187 caper the other day and can't wait to accrue the overtime in future court subpoenas. As they always say, "that's the paramedics job...not mine". Let the balance of loss of life take place. Sometimes a reset needs to occur.
Don't you hate it when the bad guy makes sense?
__________________
DOGE Crew

Last edited by Stankia; 02-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Stankia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #106
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1360283479.467746.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	489820  
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #107
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stankia View Post
Don't you hate it when the bad guy makes sense?
If this was a movie, we'd be cheering him on. God knows, Im sure what he is saying is true. Im just not big on killing innocents. If he killed the mayor, the chief of police, etc etc, then it would sort of make sense, but killing randoms? His message is going to get lost and he'll be labeled as a loon. Not only that, this guy is obviously not going to be captured. He wants to die so the "world can hear his story." No one wants to listen to the living.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #108
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
This man was a career army officer, and became a police officer in one of the worst places to be on at that. He was chosen to be trained, proficient, and an expert in too many disciplines to list. If there was something ticking in him, it would have been caught before he got released from the police force. I've seen it too many times. He was likely let go from the police force because he held himself to a higher standard, and came across something that was corrupt in the system, and being of such a high moral character that he held himself too he felt it his duty to blow the whistle on someone. He was not one of the "good ole boys". So he got railroaded. Happens everyday. Let someone take your pride, self worth, and honor in which you carry yourself with away, that you have spent your entire adult life up holding, and see what you would do to prove you still are that person. I am in no way excusing his actions, they are tragic and horrible. But what does a man have left if his dignity and identity have been taken by the ones that may have truely did him wrong. Blinders go on and there's only one way to go. Sorry to the family's of the killed and wounded, but pray for this man, a brother of mine. We all fall at some point. Head hung low...
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #109
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcjetjr View Post
This man was a career army officer, and became a police officer in one of the worst places to be on at that. He was chosen to be trained, proficient, and an expert in too many disciplines to list. If there was something ticking in him, it would have been caught before he got released from the police force. I've seen it too many times. He was likely let go from the police force because he held himself to a higher standard, and came across something that was corrupt in the system, and being of such a high moral character that he held himself too he felt it his duty to blow the whistle on someone. He was not one of the "good ole boys". So he got railroaded. Happens everyday. Let someone take your pride, self worth, and honor in which you carry yourself with away, that you have spent your entire adult life up holding, and see what you would do to prove you still are that person. I am in no way excusing his actions, they are tragic and horrible. But what does a man have left if his dignity and identity have been taken by the ones that may have truely did him wrong. Blinders go on and there's only one way to go. Sorry to the family's of the killed and wounded, but pray for this man, a brother of mine. We all fall at some point. Head hung low...
what? Lol no he wasn't. This is full of inaccuracies.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #110
Kubica
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,416
My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
If this was a movie, we'd be cheering him on. God knows, Im sure what he is saying is true. Im just not big on killing innocents. If he killed the mayor, the chief of police, etc etc, then it would sort of make sense, but killing randoms? His message is going to get lost and he'll be labeled as a loon. Not only that, this guy is obviously not going to be captured. He wants to die so the "world can hear his story." No one wants to listen to the living.
The cops shot innocent people too.

I bet they send a drone after him!
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #111
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Your correct NFR.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #112
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
if you guys want up to date info from the horses mouth, check in on System 8 for San Bernadino Radio
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #113
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
I thought he was navy reserve.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #114
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
B-Cyrus, do you live by everything you see on the news channels or do you live and make decisions based on your life's experiences. Have you ever wore a uniform outside of being Blart the mall cop, or McDonald's or something else.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #115
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Either way if so, a military officer is a military officer.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #116
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcjetjr View Post
B-Cyrus, do you live by everything you see on the news channels or do you live and make decisions based on your life's experiences. Have you ever wore a uniform outside of being Blart the mall cop, or McDonald's or something else.
he wasn't army, nor was he career. He was a Lt. in the navy reserves. His father even defended his actions in the police department, yet the dude has him on his hit list. There are bigger things that have to do with this man than his choice of uniform.

If you want to call me out for being in college and not serving, then so be it.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #117
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I did both retired at 44 brother, your behind the curve ball.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #118
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcjetjr View Post
I did both retired at 44 brother, your behind the curve ball.
I'm quite literally half your age.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #119
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Behind the curve ball

Sorry, ex college pitcher and Econ major.

I believe it's 'behind the curve'
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #120
sfcjetjr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Avon Park, Florida
Posts: 290
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Well now is a good time to make a decision. Retire by 50 doing something bigger than all of us, or pray everyday of your life that you get to retire by 70. If you make it that far.
sfcjetjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use