E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Iran posts video of decoded RQ170 video

Last month FarsNews reported that Iran had decoded had decoded all the data from the downed RQ-170:

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9107125833

And they posted a video they claim is from the RQ-170.



Certainly seems legit.

Foreign Policy's take on the issue:
http://killerapps.foreignpolicy.com/...ptured_by_iran

Normally such claims coming from Iran would be taken with a spoonful of salt--monkey sent to space, new fighter, etc. etc. However, this video seems convincing.

Last edited by badfast; 02-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
This happened a while ago. A US drone went down in Iran. At first everyone, including myself, thought it was a fake. Guess not when our administration admitted it and asked for it back.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/obama-...ry?id=15140133

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
This happened a while ago. A US drone went down in Iran. At first everyone, including myself, thought it was a fake. Guess not when our administration admitted it and asked for it back.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/obama-...ry?id=15140133
I remember when it went down...I was actually on Kandahar when it happened. I didn't think the Iranians would have been able to decode the actual video data. Apparently they have, this video was just posted.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 754
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I remember when it went down...I was actually on Kandahar when it happened. I didn't think the Iranians would have been able to decode the actual video data. Apparently they have, this video was just posted.
can't view it

edit,

nevermind There is something wrong with my interwebz and your youtube imbed isn't showing up

Last edited by MDydinanM; 02-06-2013 at 08:40 PM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
3coupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 301
My Ride: 330Ci
There has to be a better quality version of this. I'm pretty sure google earth has higher resolution pictures of the base.
3coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
I can't see the vid either. I thought it was just my internet too.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=E8R5FnlCNhg

That should be the link. Not sure why it doesn't show up.

Last edited by badfast; 02-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=E8R5FnlCNhg

That should be the link. Not sure why it doesn't show up.
Interesting.

Saw this video nearby.

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 02-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 107
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
I'd be very suspicious about this. I would think that any spy drone would have some sort of automatic data-wipe security function, say if it didn't return to base in X number of hours. Heck, pretty much any smart phone can be set up with such features to protect your sensitive data (favorite pron sites, mistress's nood pics, etc.) should it get stolen. Probably just faked it with some footage they shot themselves from a helicopter or something.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
I'd be very suspicious about this. I would think that any spy drone would have some sort of automatic data-wipe security function, say if it didn't return to base in X number of hours. Heck, pretty much any smart phone can be set up with such features to protect your sensitive data (favorite pron sites, mistress's nood pics, etc.) should it get stolen. Probably just faked it with some footage they shot themselves from a helicopter or something.
Unless it shows incriminating evidence and thus exposes the United States, they're really doing themselves a disservice by alerting the US Military that they should beef up their encryption.

You don't expose a weakness to your enemy. You use it against them.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use