E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

View Poll Results: Do you use an ass gasket?
Nope, a couple germs won't kill me 15 15.15%
I just wipe down the seat first 27 27.27%
Yes 22 22.22%
Wipe down + Ass Gasket + Extreme paranoia 22 22.22%
I hold it until I get home. Don't hate. 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #41
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Also, money is the dirtiest, sink sponge second. So if you touch either, and eat, or touch your face, you have a higher probability of getting something from those avenues.
But people dont typically stand up and intentionally pizz all over or eject hot diarrhea on money and just walk away.

I was recently at a bathroom in business while the custodian was "cleaning" the toilets. He walked up to the bowl,stuck in a brush,swished it around and used the bowl water to rince the seat lid. Then he flushed it and moved onto the next one. Cleaning the urinals the same way.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #42
Elvin123
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 602
My Ride: 328i
I just squat and shoot everything out, no need for ass gaskets or pre-sh!t seat wiping. Splashes might get kind of loud though.
__________________
Elvin123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #43
5ynd1cat3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 475
My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin123 View Post
I just squat and shoot everything out, no need for ass gaskets or pre-sh!t seat wiping. Splashes might get kind of loud though.
I prefer to poop at home but since my office is a truck, that's not always possible. I'll never sh!t in a public bathroom. I prefer bushes, parking lots, stuff like that. No need for ass gaskets, just a roll of paper towels and strong legs to perform the perfect squatting technique to avoid sh!!tting on my pants.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App
__________________
5ynd1cat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #44
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,292
My Ride: JDM
The ironic thing it's the people who hover that get sh!t all over the toilet seat. It's also those people who piss in the toilet instead of the urinal that makes messes.

Your thighs are most of what make contact with the seat unless you're a hulking tub of fatness. It's not like people are rubbing their buttholes on the seat.

Proper use of the equipment. Makes it safe for everyone.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 02-08-2013 at 07:52 AM.
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #45
Carskibum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,116
My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
They are really uncomfortable, slide all over.
__________________
Carskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #46
Show me
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 3
My Ride: 330 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I roll bareback as long as it looks clean. If not, I hold it.

The only time I get a little freaked is when it is still warm.
This. Just this.
Show me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #47
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
i'll only use a public restroom if i truly feel like i can't make it home. any public toilet seat is triple-layered with "ass gaskets" or toilet paper
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #48
trizzuth
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rondoland
Posts: 5,080
My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Upper decking the office toilet had me in tears
oh my god. I had to google it because I had no idea what that meant. CLASSIC!!!
__________________
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #49
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
I can't keep from sliding off when using the covers or a nest of TP. The other problem is, it tends to stick to my thighs / butt....guess it is just due to the swamp azz.

Therefore, bareback works best for me.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #50
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
The ironic thing it's the people who hover that get sh!t all over the toilet seat. It's also those people who piss in the toilet instead of the urinal that makes messes.

Your thighs are most of what make contact with the seat unless you're a hulking tub of fatness. It's not like people are rubbing their buttholes on the seat.

Proper use of the equipment. Makes it safe for everyone.
Where do you draw the boundary between butt hole and not butt hole?
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,292
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuksul08 View Post
Where do you draw the boundary between butt hole and not butt hole?
I would probably draw the boundary around the butthole.

But I'm no doctor!
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #52
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
But people dont typically stand up and intentionally pizz all over or eject hot diarrhea on money and just walk away.

I was recently at a bathroom in business while the custodian was "cleaning" the toilets. He walked up to the bowl,stuck in a brush,swished it around and used the bowl water to rince the seat lid. Then he flushed it and moved onto the next one. Cleaning the urinals the same way.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Urine is sterile. Money has far worse stuff on it than the typical toilet, hence being rated number one. It's all in your head.
__________________
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #53
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
The covers are annoying, so I use the Stonehenge method (a long sheet of tp on each side, and one across the top)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #54
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,169
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
So to all of you that are afraid of public toilets, would you shake a stranger's hand? I'd be willing to bet it's dirtier than the parts of their ass that aren't the hole.
While i completely understand the logic that my hands and anyone else's are much "dirtier" than the toilet seat, i would much rather not sit on someone else's sh*t or piss. When a dog sh*ts on the floor, do you pick it up with your hands because its "cleaner" than your own hand?

lol come on now... logically you make sense, but conceptually, i would rather my ass not have a basting of someone elses sh*t, piss, and disgusing toilet water for the remainder of the day. if i shake someones hand, thats an easy fix...
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #55
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,169
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
The covers are annoying, so I use the Stonehenge method (a long sheet of tp on each side, and one across the top)
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhaha same here man, however i usually do 2 or 3 sheets of tp on the sides, and then two across the top

lol stonehenge hahhaha i'm dying
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #56
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
While i completely understand the logic that my hands and anyone else's are much "dirtier" than the toilet seat, i would much rather not sit on someone else's sh*t or piss. When a dog sh*ts on the floor, do you pick it up with your hands because its "cleaner" than your own hand?

lol come on now... logically you make sense, but conceptually, i would rather my ass not have a basting of someone elses sh*t, piss, and disgusing toilet water for the remainder of the day. if i shake someones hand, thats an easy fix...
I never said I wanted to sit in sh!t. I did say that as long as the seat is white and dry then you're in the clear. The point I was making is that worrying about germs on an otherwise clean seat is idiotic if you don't worry about germs elsewhere. Following that logic, you would wear a rubber glove when shaking someone's hand.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Buy my W126!
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #57
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member
 
HiHoBrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,113
My Ride: 05 M3
^ The seat is never clean...people are generally disgusting and make horribly vile messes,and some of the lowest paid workers are in charge of sanitizing them. As I viewed for myself, a cleaned toilet isn't likely as clean as you may hope.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
__________________
HiHoBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #58
CollinsE90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The bar
Posts: 340
My Ride: 330i
Didn't Mythbusters do an episode on poo particles in a bathroom? Even if it's Clorox'd, particles are in the air.
__________________

Last edited by CollinsE90; 02-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #59
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
But it's no dirtier than the door knob or the stall lock or the money in your pocket so who gives a sh!t? your hands touch your face up to 2000x a day and you don't get sick. How often does one of your ass cheeks touch your face? If there isn't any piss or doo-doo butter on the seat then you have nothing to fear.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Buy my W126!

Last edited by cowmoo32; 02-08-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Auto-save 1360347059
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #60
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,169
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I never said I wanted to sit in sh!t. I did say that as long as the seat is white and dry then you're in the clear. The point I was making is that worrying about germs on an otherwise clean seat is idiotic if you don't worry about germs elsewhere. Following that logic, you would wear a rubber glove when shaking someone's hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
But it's no dirtier than the door knob or the stall lock or the money in your pocket so who gives a sh!t? your hands touch your face up to 2000x a day and you don't get sick. How often does one of your ass cheeks touch your face? If there isn't any piss or doo-doo butter on the seat then you have nothing to fear.
Wiping the seat still just spreads it. Usually public toilet's water (which is a marinade for piss and sh*t) flush pretty damn hard, so if there isn't visible sh*t and piss on the seat (which is not uncommon) doesn't mean its still there, the water goes everywhere...

As far as logic goes, I was trying to say that the hand shaking cannot be used as a comparison. Hands are in fact dirtier, but i'll repeat myself again because you aren't as smart today as you usually are

You wash your hands before you eat, and face... something I do at least once or twice a day in the office.

I'm not trying to argue what is more sanitary, just the idea of my ass being planted on (microscopic even) someone elses shitpiss, and then continue to stay there for the remainder of the day, is enough to put TP down. Don't care about germs, i just don't want the 65 year old greek guy's (who showers once a week) ass hole withdrawals on the back of my goddman thighs. i don't think i'm asking for much
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use