E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

View Poll Results: Do you use an ass gasket?
Nope, a couple germs won't kill me 15 15.15%
I just wipe down the seat first 27 27.27%
Yes 22 22.22%
Wipe down + Ass Gasket + Extreme paranoia 22 22.22%
I hold it until I get home. Don't hate. 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #81
ElectricRed46

My Ride: 2004 325i
I always inspect the scene before unloading a bomb. Taking a crap at work is the way to go. Get paid while doing it, not using your tp up at the house, and usually no worries about clogging because the suction on those toilets at my work place is greater that a 25 hooker on the corner of herpes and aids.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App while sitting on the crapper.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #82
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemwe_03i View Post
I put strips of toilet paper around the seat (double that ****) its better than sitting on that ass gasket cause it doesnt cover the seat completely. I would never sit without putting something on there f that. I hear ppl coming in sitting down (cowmoo32) w/out putting anything thats fvcked esp. if its warm. Work doesnt have these ass gaskets anyways so toilet paper it is.

I always wipe the seat and then lay down layers of TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Do you touch the door handle or the faucet in a public restroom?
Nope always use a paper towel or piece of TP. I also get grossed out by touching money, gas pump handles, door handles, etc if I think about them.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #83
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
My work keeps disinfectant spray by the toilets. I use this **** out of that before I take a ****. I also use paper towels on the doors. Not touching that either...
Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #84
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
The ironic thing it's the people who hover that get sh!t all over the toilet seat. It's also those people who piss in the toilet instead of the urinal that makes messes.

Your thighs are most of what make contact with the seat unless you're a hulking tub of fatness. It's not like people are rubbing their buttholes on the seat.

Proper use of the equipment. Makes it safe for everyone.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Urine is sterile.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0409164156.htm
Old 02-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #85
bimmerfan08

Quote:
Always flush with the lid down.
According to Charles Gerba, PhD, a professor of microbiology at University of Arizona in Tucson, flushing the toilet with the lid up is not wise. "Polluted water vapor erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl and it can take several hours for these particles to finally settle -- not to mention where," he says. "If you have your toothbrush too close to the toilet, you are brushing your teeth with what's in your toilet."
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/f...ms-in-bathroom

Quote:
Toilets house a large amount of germs, particularly toilets in public establishments. Interestingly, however, the floor of the bathroom actually contains more germs than the toilet bowl, as explained in a 2005 report by ABC News. Tests at the University of Arizona revealed that 62 percent of bathroom floors were contaminated with potentially dangerous bacteria, as compared to 19 percent of toilet bowls. Nonetheless, toilet bowls can contain some nasty bacteria, and proper hand washing is the best way to prevent infection.

Shigellosis
Shigellosis is a gram-negative bacteria that is found in toilet bowls. The bacteria can cause a wide range of symptoms, including severe diarrhea and dysentery. The bacteria cause inflammation of the intestines and are usually passed in fecal matter. According to Merck online, one of the common ways that shigellosis bacteria are spread is when food workers fail to wash their hands after using the toilet.

Staphylococcus
Staphylococcus bacteria can be hard to kill, particularly the methicillin-resistant strain known as MRSA. According to the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, MRSA is spread by person-to-person contact and is often harbored in toilet bowls. If MRSA is suspected in a home or community, the toilet bowl and seat should be disinfected once daily with a strong cleaning solution.

Salmonella
Salmonella are often found in toilet bowls. These harmful bacteria can cause severe vomiting and diarrhea in affected persons. A 2000 study by scientists at the UK's Aston University School of Health and Life Sciences examined the household conditions of six families who had recently suffered from a salmonella outbreak. In four out of six homes, salmonella bacteria were found in the toilet bowl, specifically under the water line.

Serratia marcescens
Fortunately, not all bacteria in the toilet bowl cause illness. Serratia marcescens, a very common bacteria in toilet bowls and the environment in general, can cause a pink or gray lining inside the toilet bowl that may cause alarm. Although the bacteria can be harmful to a small ratio of people and cause illness such as urinary tract infections and pneumonia, they are generally harmless and removable with the aid of chlorine bleach.
http://www.ehow.com/list_6508751_bac...let-bowls.html