E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #81
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I find it odd that people are saying that just because he is calculated and aware cancels out the fact that he is committing crazy acts. The main reason, or so it seems, that he is on this crusade stems from him being wrongfully terminated. His political ideologies seem to be an aside but not the reason he is acting as such. He's not just targeting those responsible, he's targeting innocent family members. Charles Manson was extremely calculated in his actions, so does that preclude him from being crazy? What about Anders Behring Breivik?
I posted about this earlier. breivik wasn't crazy at all. His original diagnosis was false. Just because an act is "unthinkable" does not mean its crazy. As for dorner, him killing those people put in place exactly what he wanted to transpire. Crazy is a very specific word with a specific meaning.....unless you mean it in the context of "oh snap this sh!t is crazy," but clinically crazy? No way.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #82
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I posted about this earlier. breivik wasn't crazy at all. His original diagnosis was false. Just because an act is "unthinkable" does not mean its crazy. As for dorner, him killing those people put in place exactly what he wanted to transpire. Crazy is a very specific word with a specific meaning.....unless you mean it in the context of "oh snap this sh!t is crazy," but clinically crazy? No way.
Crazy is not a clinical term, by the way. I'm not saying Dorner is insane.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 02-11-2013 at 05:20 PM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #83
NFRs2000nyc

Fair enough. I realize its not a clinical term that you would find in medical book, I just meant that he clinically has a few screws loose, which I don't think he does....obviously I don't know him nor his medical history, just my opinion based in a few small facts.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-11-2013 at 05:28 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #84
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
clinically crazy? No way.
People usually kill dozens of children because they're sane.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #85
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Quote:
Fair enough. I realize its not a clinical term that you would find in medical book, I just meant that he clinically has a few screws loose, which I don't think he does....obviously I don't know him nor his medical history, just my opinion based in a few small facts.
Go back to waiting tables. Your opinion is incorrect with regards to the Norway shootings and the Dorner incident.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #86
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Go back to waiting tables. Your opinion is incorrect with regards to the Norway shootings and the Dorner incident.
I already proved you wrong in the other thread when you made the bogus claim shortbus, I'm not a fan of repeating myself, but just for you....

Quote:
Two teams of court-appointed psychiatrists examined Breivik prior to his trial; in the first report Breivik was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia,[22] and a second evaluation was commissioned following widespread criticism of the first report.[23] The second psychiatric evaluation was published one week before the trial, concluding that Breivik was not psychotic during the attacks nor during the evaluation;[24] he was diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder.[25]His trial began on 16 April 2012, and closing arguments were held on 22 June.[26]

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-11-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #87
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
People usually kill dozens of children because they're sane.
Are suicide bombers insane? How about the 9/11 hijackers?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-11-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #88
badfast

Quote:
I already proved you wrong in the other thread when you made the bogus claim shortbus, I'm not a fan of repeating myself.
You didn't prove anyone wrong. Because you say something doesn't make it true.

The original psychologists continue to defend there report:

Quote:
Torgeir Huseby, one of the two psychiatrists behind the forensic report released in November that found Breivik to be paranoid schizophrenic, testified in court that they intentionally did not delve into Breivik's political beliefs during their psychiatric evaluation.

"We are psychiatrists, not historians," said Mr. Huseby. "The main rule regarding a delusion is not the setting ... but the role [in which] one sees oneself in that picture. When we have a new Jesus, we don't call in religious experts..."
Though according to your posts, both you and him share similar qualities. You both have narcissistic personality disorder

Last edited by badfast; 02-11-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You didn't prove anyone wrong. Because you say something doesn't make it true.
Ummm if by "I said it" you mean the Norwegian courts and physiatrists, then yes, I said it.

The first report was moronic and was treated as such. If you take the politics out of such an act (or any act of terror) then the person becomes batshit crazy.

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-11-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #90
badfast

Quote:
Are suicide bombers insane? How about the 9/11 hijackers?
Suicide bombers are not comparable to the Norway shooter.

Last edited by badfast; 02-11-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #91
badfast

Quote:
Ummm if by "I said it" you mean the Norwegian courts and physiatrists, then yes, I said it.

The first report was moronic and was treated as such. If you take the politics out of such an act (or any act of terror) then the person becomes batshit crazy.
I am sure they are the professionals and not you.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #92
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Suicide bombers are comparable to the Norway shooter.
They are not? They both kill innocent masses for a political agenda, usually in the name of god.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #93
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
I am sure they are the professionals and not you.
Riiiiight, the professionals are always correct. I like how the cops professionally shot up the innocent persons pickup. Once again you just choose to troll rather than discuss the actual post. In a case like Breviks, it would make zero sense leaving out his political ideology since he specifically wrote exactly why he killed all those people, which is exactly why the report was questioned and thrown out of court.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #94
badfast

Quote:
They are not? They both kill innocent masses for a political agenda, usually in the name of god.
pickup a book on terrorism before even trying to step into that realm. anything by Hoffman would be appropriate. Then you see the differences. You compare things on the lowest common denominator.

Quote:
Riiiiight, the professionals are always correct. I like how the cops professionally shot up the innocent persons pickup. Once again you just choose to troll rather than discuss the actual post. In a case like Breviks, it would make zero sense leaving out his political ideology since he specifically wrote exactly why he killed all those people, which is exactly why the report was questioned and thrown out of court.
Again you are comparing things on the lowest common denominator. Is this the type of crap the Kew-Forest school puts out?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #95
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
pickup a book on terrorism before even trying to step into that realm. anything by Hoffman would be appropriate. Then you see the differences. You compare things on the lowest common denominator.

Again you are comparing things on the lowest common denominator. Is this the type of crap the Kew-Forest school puts out?
It was a good school when I went there. Didn't even need to take regents, they were exempt. Don't know how it is now though.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #96
badfast

Quote:
Also, there is no point in discussing anything with you. You are so deeply entrenched in your beliefs--as rapier put it:

Quote:
You're speaking from a position that is shielded in privilege and shrouded in stupidity.
Name the topic and you think you are an expert with you highly vocal, ignorant, way of thinking. That is why I don't bother to put much effort into anything I post with you. It becomes a waste of my time. And I value my time.

Quote:
It was a good school when I went there. Didn't even need to take regents, they were exempt. Don't know how it is now though.
I think you may have single handedly put a tarnish on its reputation. Hopefully you didn't do the same to NYIT.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #97
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Also, there is no point in discussing anything with you. You are so deeply entrenched in your beliefs--as rapier put it:

Name the topic and you think you are an expert with you highly vocal, ignorant, way of thinking. That is why I don't bother to put much effort into anything I post with you. It becomes a waste of my time. And I value my time.

I think you may have single handedly put a tarnish on its reputation. Hopefully you didn't do the same to NYIT.
NYIT was a sh!tty school, and a complete waste of money. My fault for wasting my time though. I do find it funny that you don't want to waste your time commenting on my posts, but don't mind wasting time googling me. Its all good.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #98
badfast

Quote:
NYIT was a sh!tty school, and a complete waste of money. My fault for wasting my time though. I do find it funny that you don't want to waste your time commenting on my posts, but don't mind wasting time googling me. Its all good.
Trust me I spent about as much time finding out who the real David was as I do reading your posts. So essentially a few seconds. I was curious who the anonymous person that spews prejudice and hate really was. I believe that people portray themselves differently on the internet than in the real world. Something about anonymity that really drives out a different personality.

Last edited by badfast; 02-11-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #99
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Trust me I spent about as much time finding out who the real David was as I do reading your posts. So essentially a few seconds. I was curious who the anonymous person that spews prejudice and hate really was.
I don't hate anyone. If that's something you believe, so be it, but never did say anything hateful towards anyone.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #100
badfast

Quote:
I don't hate anyone. If that's something you believe, so be it, but never did say anything hateful towards anyone.
You come across as quite hateful many times.