E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #41
dji203

My Ride: Z4 3.0si, 135is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrace View Post
To be fair for the M3, if you take the Corolla to the track, after one session, the repair bill won't be pretty. I am sure the brake pads, rotor, and a few more things on the Corolla will need replace. The engine well I don't know if it's built for that kind of abuse.
And if you're driving at redline the whole time, that's your fault. Any stock car can be taken to the track. As your skill level increases and you carry more speed you might need to upgrade pads but same would be said for the m3.

I've seen a Corolla with nothing but Star Specs get a point from an E46 330ci.

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
dji203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #42
Redline4

My Ride: 02' 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Redline4
Well it cost to play so if you buy any sport's car especially like a supercar you better have the funds to back up the extra cost of owning that car. I love it when young kids go out and buy a sports car and can't afford to put decent tires on it or can't afford the proper maintenance for it.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Nobody thinks I'm at all wealthy because of the 3.....

MANY assume I'm wealthy based on my far less valuable truck.

People are morons.

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #44
NFSx328ci

My Ride: TiAg E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Nobody thinks I'm at all wealthy because of the 3.....

MANY assume I'm wealthy based on my far less valuable truck.

People are morons.
Lol

People just assume I have money because I own a clean 3 series which is Always maintained and clean. They also see my new Cherokee out there and my GSX which is clean. Also, they see my roommates Mustang 5.0 and his Lincoln outside the house. They also see a lot of Euros at the house all of the time and a few bimmers overnight as I work on them for my friends. There are nice houses around me but none with the amount of cars that come in and out of my house. One of my neighbors asked me if I worked at a dealership too. He was impressed by all of the cars. Lol I tell them I'm not rich but I get by.
I wonder what they are gonna think now when I fly down to Florida to pick up and drive my soon to be purchased 135i back home.
People will always assume something, I guess I'd rather them assume I'm wealthy because of a job than to think I'm some low life dealer or something. I don't know. Just an opinion.

My babies; Supercharged 328ci, 2009 Alpine White 135i.
625awhp 99 GSX(SOLD), Straight Piped 2011 Grand Cherokee (SOLD)
NFSx328ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #45
Redline4

My Ride: 02' 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Redline4
I've had girls ask me what I drive and when I tell them a BMW they do react like they have hit the jackpot. Then I tell them it's a 02 then they are like oh nvm.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #46
-ForceFed-

My Ride: S40 T5 / E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline4 View Post
I've had girls ask me what I drive and when I tell them a BMW they do react like they have hit the jackpot. Then I tell them it's a 02 then they are like oh nvm.
Lol, damn gold diggers. I would tell people I drove a Honda, which immediately you could tell how unimpressed they were. Surprise bitch, NSX is a Honda
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #47
Westrace

My Ride: 06 G35, 04 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by -ForceFed- View Post
Lol, damn gold diggers.
Get used to it

Anyway, just about the same time I bought my M3, a guy at work in my group bought a brand spanking new Acura TL for over 40K and I swear nobody knew about it much less talked about it. So yeah perception can be so off from reality. I personally am too cheap to put down 40K for a new car. I probably feel a lot more comfortable with a $25K Ford Fusion.
Westrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
Sxry666

My Ride: Nothing yet.
I find it amazing how people react to having an inexpensive m3 and think you are rich. Mostly the people who are not car enthusias would make this kind of thought.
Sxry666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #49
helphos

My Ride: BMW 325 xi
Appearances

Same can be said for my Corvette! It's 10 years older than my E46 but it still gets the most attention.

It's in the background of this pic.
I got the BMW for a daily driver so that I don't get wet when it rains or if I have to drive in snow. Vettes aren't known for their wet weather traction!

New Bumper1

Like others on this thread, I do my own maintenance- partly to save money, and partly to make sure the work gets done right! I get my sons to help me and it becomes a bonding experience! (At least that's what I tell myself)
helphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Quote:
Originally Posted by al0513 View Post
OP: What you have is a very smart seller. He/she got rid of a 100K Mile moneypit.

You ended up with a $18K, 10 year old moneypit. Sure it looks better than a new corolla, but the new corolla would be cheaper in the long run.
Dumb. 100k means the car will blow up? Not if maintained, amazing there are still people with this mindset on car forums.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #51
evanescent03

My Ride: e46 M3, carbon black
funny stuff .. i would get harassed for having "two BMWs!" claiming I was a baller ... i got rid of the 335i and got a new Tundra which cost more than the 335i and double the price of the M3, but people don't realize that.

on the flip side, i know a young guy who has an e30 AND an e46 (neither of which are Ms, like it matters). he acts like he's hot **** because he has two bimmers but together they probably were $15k .... so it can go both ways. the e46 M3 i have is an awesome car, but it doesn't make me a baller; it simply means I have good taste.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
duramax

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
not rich

well when I first bought my M3 it had to go to the dealer for emissions recall and the service guy had the nerve to ask me if I was bringing the car in for my dad, LOL I said no its mine and he gave me a wierd look then he kept asking me what I did for a living, WTF..... I told him none of your business. I love walking into our local BMW shop with my dingy cloths and watch everyone stare, here in Halifax there are not to many M3 nor a young guy driving one.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #53
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
I just got called rich by some guy off the streets since I was driving a silver gray zhp. I mean the car looks amazing after almost 10 years old.
tnhl1989 is online now   Reply With Quote