E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #21
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W
Posts: 7,513
My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
You spelled "losing" wrong. I can't take you seriously anymore.
__________________

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm comfortably agnostic, I'm not arrogant enough to say with certainty that I know everything.
Look at that.

Common ground.
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
You spelled "losing" wrong. I can't take you seriously anymore.
I find it hard to take people seriously who get that one wrong.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,023
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How am I intolerant of his religious beliefs? I'm just saying he's an idiot in matters of science and common knowledge. That's all.
Why an idiot? Obviously his "scientific beliefs" are derived from his bias towards his religion.

Tolerant of every sexual preference, color, and creed....save Christianity.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #25
Rhumb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 100
My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
He is a newer voice and face for the GOP, sure, though to call him a savior for the GOP would be stretching things quite a bit. What really remains to be seen is whether he represents new and forward-looking GPO thinking and policies or is just a part of a new package and marketing effort for essentially the same old product, i.e., same sour old vinegary wine in a snazzy new bottle, served by a smiling waiter.
Rhumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #26
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Why an idiot? Obviously his "scientific beliefs" are derived from his bias towards his religion.

Tolerant of every sexual preference, color, and creed....save Christianity.
There's no such thing as scientific "beliefs". There's knowledge and lack thereof. In science, you don't believe in things because you want them to be true, you hold true that which has been scientifically proven.

If gay people believed that the Earth was 6000 years old because of their sexual preference, I'd laugh at them, too.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #27
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I'm comfortably agnostic, I'm not arrogant enough to say with certainty that I know everything.
I don't claim to know everything. In fact, I'm perfectly fine with NOT knowing certain things that are (at this time) impossible for us to study. I don't need to make up a deity that neatly fills the holes in our knowledge until they are filled with actual data.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,890
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post




His wife is hot, though:



She looks a bit like Daisy Fuentes!
Conservative women tend to be attractive.
__________________
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #29
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Conservative women tend to be attractive.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #30
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,321
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
He is a newer voice and face for the GOP, sure, though to call him a savior for the GOP would be stretching things quite a bit. What really remains to be seen is whether he represents new and forward-looking GPO thinking and policies or is just a part of a new package and marketing effort for essentially the same old product, i.e., same sour old vinegary wine in a snazzy new bottle, served by a smiling waiter.
Group policy object? Sorry, had to.

His wife is still hot. That's all I care about.
__________________
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #31
Lair
E46Fanatic
 
Lair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Council housing
Posts: 320
My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Conservative women tend to be attractive and stupid.
Coincidence?
__________________

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #32
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 505
My Ride: A Car
Love all the science deniers. Where are the facts and evidence to support a 7 day creation? That is the thing about science it usually is the result of verified evidence supported by facts. There is difference between scientists and the religious. Scientists will gladly ditch any scientific theory provided a better scientific explanation comes along. The same cannot be said of religion.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Our white knight is Christie. Doesn't seem like Rubio has had close to his impact recently.
Id take Rubio over Christie anyday. Christie has a lot of Romney traits in him that I am not a huge fan of.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #34
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
We have a pretty good understanding of the last 13.7 billion years or so. Since about 1 x 10-43 seconds after the Big Bang. The part before that is a bit unclear. Maybe the 7 days that Rubio is talking about occur in those 1 x 10-43 seconds?
Ughhh, no, we do not. We have nothing more than theories. The sh!t you say sometimes is truly mind-boggling.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
How am I intolerant of his religious beliefs? I'm just saying he's an idiot in matters of science and common knowledge. That's all.
Common knowledge now huh?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 505
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Ughhh, no, we do not. We have nothing more than theories. The sh!t you say sometimes is truly mind-boggling.
"Theory" is not grounds for doubt. And not just theory, scientific theory. The sh!t you don't understand sometimes is truly mind-boggling.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 904
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Wrong again. The theory for the scientific explanation is as credible as the religious one. Second, Rubio didn't deny or push either (although its irrelevant.) Finally, I am a man of science. I don't take "because god said so" as an explanation. However, scientists can't even agree on global warming, and yet you put lots of stock into their theory on what happened billions of years ago.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Wrong again. The theory for the scientific explanation is as credible as the religious one.
That's absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Finally, I am a man of science.
Restaurants are not a scientific field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I don't take "because god said so" as an explanation.
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
However, scientists can't even agree on global warming, and yet you put lots of stock into their theory on what happened billions of years ago.
Scientists are very much agreed on global warming. A majority of Americans put lots of stock into stories that some desert dwellers spread around, yet they don't believe facts and evidence.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #39
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 505
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Wrong again. The theory for the scientific explanation is as credible as the religious one. Second, Rubio didn't deny or push either (although its irrelevant.) Finally, I am a man of science. I don't take "because god said so" as an explanation. However, scientists can't even agree on global warming, and yet you put lots of stock into their theory on what happened billions of years ago.

Again, I am shocked at the bubble you live in.
Is never being wrong a sign of a narcissistic personality disorder?

Last edited by badfast; 02-08-2013 at 12:23 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #40
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,299
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
OMG politics and religion in one thread???

Now ban guns and recommend some oil.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use