E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post

Again, I am shocked at the bubble you live in.
Is never being wrong a sign of a narcissistic personality disorder?
I never said I was right. I have the ability to say "I dont know." You need to be right. I don't need to prove I am right. I just need to illustrate that you're wrong.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #42
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 539
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I never said I was right. I have the ability to say "I dont know." You need to be right. I don't need to prove I am right. I just need to illustrate that you're wrong.
How did you illustrate that I was wrong?

Glad I have entered your hierarchy of needs.

Last edited by badfast; 02-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
That's absurd.

Restaurants are not a scientific field.

Huh?


Scientists are very much agreed on global warming. A majority of Americans put lots of stock into stories that some desert dwellers spread around, yet they don't believe facts and evidence.
1) Its not absurd just because you say so. It is all conjecture.
2) I was pre-med. I wasn't happy with that path, so I left.
3) I do not buy into a religious explanation for anything.
4) Global warming is something you bought into. Your utter lack of having a broadview spectrum on issues doesn't make it "the facts." There are credible scientists on both sides completely disputing one another. That is what science is. We don't know what causes cancer. We dont know what causes global warming. We dont know how the universe was created. We dont know exactly how old the earth is. We dont know any of that. What we do have, are hypotheses, theories, and conjectures. Some fact more concrete than others, but NONE of them are 100% factual. Every year, theories that were almost certain to be true are disproven. At one point, everyone KNEW the earth was flat. At some point, everyone KNEW Pluto was a planet. At some point, people KNEW about the big bang theory. If you don't question anything, you don't know d!ck about science. If you do question it, then why do you speak in such a manner of certainty? Did god create the earth in 7 days? I have no clue. Did the earth come to be from a fiery explosion in the universe? I don't know either. There is PLENTY of physical evidence all over the world that supports the old testament. There is also plenty of evidence in the scientific world for any given thing. Again, I personally believe in the scientific theory. I believe in evolution, and darwin. I believe in the fact that the world isn't 5000 or so years old. Rubio stated basically the same thing. He doesn't know and he doesn't care. It is irrelevant. Even IF he believed the world was created in 7 days, so what? Does that make him a person unfit to hold office to make policy on guns, immigration, drone strikes and wars?
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #44
'busa
Registered User
 
'busa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 1,465
My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
1) Its not absurd just because you say so. It is all conjecture.
Your post is absurd because it is absurd. It has nothing to do with me noting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
2) I was pre-med. I wasn't happy with that path, so I left.
That makes you a man of science? All in all, it's probably for the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
3) I do not buy into a religious explanation for anything.
But you seem to hold it equal to actual explanations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
4) Global warming is something you bought into. Your utter lack of having a broadview spectrum on issues doesn't make it "the facts." There are credible scientists on both sides completely disputing one another.
With equal facts to back them up? What is the percentage of all scientists that stands on one side versus the other? What is the percentage of scientists who are experts in that field that stands on one side vs the other? Please look those up and get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
That is what science is. We don't know what causes cancer. We dont know what causes global warming. We dont know how the universe was created. We dont know exactly how old the earth is. We dont know any of that.
Don't confuse what we don't know with what you don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
What we do have, are hypotheses, theories, and conjectures.
The mere fact that you throw theory in there as some random word from the dictionary between hypotheses and conjectures show how you are NOT a man of science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Some fact more concrete than others, but NONE of them are 100% factual. Every year, theories that were almost certain to be true are disproven. At one point, everyone KNEW the earth was flat.
Everyone? Was it scientifically proven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
At some point, everyone KNEW Pluto was a planet.
It's just a classification. Pluto is still there. The fact that science checks and re-checks itself repeatedly is a testament to its validity, not a reason to question it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
At some point, people KNEW about the big bang theory.
Not anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
If you don't question anything, you don't know d!ck about science. If you do question it, then why do you speak in such a manner of certainty? Did god create the earth in 7 days? I have no clue. Did the earth come to be from a fiery explosion in the universe? I don't know either. There is PLENTY of physical evidence all over the world that supports the old testament.
Which evidence is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
There is also plenty of evidence in the scientific world for any given thing. Again, I personally believe in the scientific theory.
What is this scientific theory that you "believe in"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I believe in evolution, and darwin.
I don't believe in Darwin. I think he was just a figment of someone's imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
I believe in the fact that the world isn't 5000 or so years old. Rubio stated basically the same thing. He doesn't know and he doesn't care. It is irrelevant. Even IF he believed the world was created in 7 days, so what? Does that make him a person unfit to hold office to make policy on guns, immigration, drone strikes and wars?
Yes. Absolutely. I wouldn't let him watch my cat.
__________________
'busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 539
My Ride: A Car
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #46
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
If this is the savior, the republican party is doomed. Which it is.

They already had a savior...and rejected him.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #47
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhumb View Post
He is a newer voice and face for the GOP, sure, though to call him a savior for the GOP would be stretching things quite a bit. What really remains to be seen is whether he represents new and forward-looking GPO thinking and policies or is just a part of a new package and marketing effort for essentially the same old product, i.e., same sour old vinegary wine in a snazzy new bottle, served by a smiling waiter.
Sadly, presentation is 80% of the sale.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #48
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Just curious, what specifically (politically) do you not like about Rubio?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #49
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Just curious, what specifically (politically) do you not like about Rubio?
There's quite a bit.

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Marco_Rubio.htm
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Are you telling me that you agree with all of it?
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-08-2013 at 04:44 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #51
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Are you telling me that you agree with all of it?
Course not.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #52
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Course not.
Which is why I asked...what specific issues make Rubio a candidate you would not vote for....not trolling, serious question.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #53
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 539
My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
I am in the same boat with you.

However, I still continue to like this guy:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #54
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
I am in the same boat with you.

However, I still continue to like this guy:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm
I like him too, but doubt he will get much traction, especially over Christie and Rubio.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #55
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Which is why I asked...what specific issues make Rubio a candidate you would not vote for....not trolling, serious question.
Guy's a flip flopping bible thumping nanny.

Here are a couple:

Increase funding for making homes hurricane-resistant. (Nov 2006)
Incentivize foreign language curriculum in elementary school. (Nov 2006)
2000: Established West Miami's 1st bicycle patrol officers. (Jun 2012)
Toughen laws against prostitution & sex trafficking. (Apr 2007)
Antigambling, based on seeing "another side" as kid in Vegas. (Jun 2012)
2004: Pushed $60M tax subsidy for Marlins baseball stadium. (Jun 2012)
Co-sponsored PIPA to Protect IP, but withdrew his support. (Jun 2012)
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #56
bimmerfan08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 4,891
My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Guy's a flip flopping...

Aren't most politicians?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
Europeans are stoopid. They keep splitting countries, while being jealous of our powa. Of course the EU is good for them, but does that have any real power?

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #57
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Guy's a flip flopping bible thumping nanny.

Here are a couple:

Increase funding for making homes hurricane-resistant. (Nov 2006)
Incentivize foreign language curriculum in elementary school. (Nov 2006)
2000: Established West Miami's 1st bicycle patrol officers. (Jun 2012)
Toughen laws against prostitution & sex trafficking. (Apr 2007)
Antigambling, based on seeing "another side" as kid in Vegas. (Jun 2012)
2004: Pushed $60M tax subsidy for Marlins baseball stadium. (Jun 2012)
Co-sponsored PIPA to Protect IP, but withdrew his support. (Jun 2012)
The first two Im not in agreement with, as well as anti gambling, but the rest dont seem like a bad idea to me. Even if they were bad ideas, you are not going to find a politician (that will get elected) that you will agree with EVERYTHING, and IMHO, those are pretty minor compared to many others (on both sides.)
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #58
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
The first two Im not in agreement with, as well as anti gambling, but the rest dont seem like a bad idea to me. Even if they were bad ideas, you are not going to find a politician (that will get elected) that you will agree with EVERYTHING, and IMHO, those are pretty minor compared to many others (on both sides.)
I don't want to get into a my view vs your view with you...as that would derail the whole thread.

To stick to the point here, he's definitely not the answer. Republicans are just going to keep losing and he's not going to get elected. A majority of the problem is this support the lesser of two evils attitude that people have adopted...which still hasn't worked for them.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #59
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
I don't want to get into a my view vs your view with you...as that would derail the whole thread.

To stick to the point here, he's definitely not the answer. Republicans are just going to keep losing and he's not going to get elected. A majority of the problem is this support the lesser of two evils attitude that people have adopted...which still hasn't worked for them.
Are you even a "conservative?" If you say he isn't the answer then in your eyes none of the GOP offerings will be "the answer." Having said that, who is? You do realize it will probably be Christie or Rubio right? Do you think Christie is a better bet?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #60
Spork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 43
My Ride: is all 4 sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Are you even a "conservative?" If you say he isn't the answer then in your eyes none of the GOP offerings will be "the answer." Having said that, who is? You do realize it will probably be Christie or Rubio right? Do you think Christie is a better bet?

I think a lot of it depends on who the dems push. I could see Christie having a better chance than Rubio. Who would I rather have? Neither.

GOP is doomed because it's all RINOS who just push other RINOS. There was an earlier post here that went something along the lines of...same old **** wrapped up in a shiny new package.

It's tragic.
Spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use